• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

If he chooses the option of staying but not signing a new deal, it will be an incredible error reneging on that agreement in Jan (?)

The money he would have lost out on over those 18 months (?) would be huge and he'd have spent a season (this one coming) hardly featuring and only playing in the odd league cup tie here and there.

In the last 2 weeks of the 2019 summer window, even at 25m he won't be that attractive an option at 30 years old and having spent a year on the sidelines.

No one is going to pay the 75m we are rightly asking for, so it's quite simple for Toby now; sign the deal and move on or see your career nosedive and your wallet oh so much lighter than it could have been.

I don't believe any of that, but I do hope we resign Toby for a few more years. We won't buy better.

Agree with that. If he goes, we need a new top class CB. If there is a way which he and Poch can get on good terms again, its by far the best for the club - top class CB, seems to get on with other players, better than we could probably buy,...

I think, unless they do some sort of out of court settlement to shut it up and make it go away, they wont pay anything.

I think the players knew the legalities of the situation before taking the action.

one for you - http://www.skysports.com/football/n...rid-sign-gelson-martins-from-sporting-on-free
one for me - https://sempreinter.com/2018/07/11/...m-from-sale-of-inter-target-william-carvalho/

See if Fifa dictate a fee fro Gelson before the start of the season.

Toby staying but not signing a new contract would be a bit of a Danchev move imo.
Love the Danchev ref.

I think last season proved that Poch won’t play him on reputation alone, so if he refuses to sign the contract or move to a club of our choosing I really think it could cost him a season of club football, possibly his international career too. Would make even the 25m a bit of a gamble for the buying club the following season. Obviously no-one wins in this scenario. To be fair to Toby he’s not refused to play like some have to force a move in the past, we are the ones taking a hardline if he’s been frozen out of the team for not renewing his contract.

If he does sign it would genuinely feel like a new signing after last season.

The lack of transfer activity has to be down to deals being complex and large rather than money issues right? I have always backed DL but even this summer is testing slightly.

The lack of transfer activity has to be down to deals being complex and large rather than money issues right? I have always backed DL but even this summer is testing slightly.

I believe if Levy could get the players in early then I'm positive he would, but we can't afford to get into bidding wars and if our targets are also other club potential targets it's likely we have to stay calm, let the other clubs do their business and wait it out until closer to the end of the window.

Whilst not great for Poch and annoying for us fans and will no doubt lead to us missing out on a players, it's likely how we need to operate at the moment.

Back