• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

I though Trips had a very good game, Walkers body position was wrong and his swinging arm was the perfect excuse for a ref to give a foul.

If its a 3 Id bring in Cahill and ditch Walker.

I thought by the end of the game both Stones and Maguire were pretty good, especially when stepping into midfield and bypassing Henderson.

However, I think its clear they need someone in there to marshall them and keep things calm when under pressure, Cahill is the only one we have who can do that.

Id ditch Walker (was poor) and bring in Cahill. Id also ditch Young for Rose, and have someone who will actually defend the left flank.

IMO the defence would be much better with those changes.
How well they did or didn't play has to be in perspective though. One lad plays for Tunis and the other is on loan from Sunderland plying for Rennes.

I don't disagree with your analysis or potential changes......just think the writing is on the wall when the big hitters come to town.

I suppose we might outscore anyone........eg look at Germany's defence the other day?

They were poor, against poor opposition - hence Id make some big changes. I think it would improve a great deal, at which point who knows how they will deal with the big hitters?

It is nice to look like we pose a threat though, thats refreshing!

They did well against Spain last week apparently, in so much as it took a long long time for Spain to break them down​

We really should have been out of sight in the first half, had Lingard had his shooting boots on we would have racked up a much more convincing score line im sure - and thats without the two stonewall pens we should have had.

Fair enough I see that he didn’t have to name Trippier.

I think he would have turned to Trips at the time and spoken to him if he was looking to pass on the blame.

He was asked to explain what happened and he was pretty honest saying he would do that in the premier league after receiving that call.

He then said this competition is different from the premier league and he himself needs to wise up, make the decision and clear it.

I think he was saying that in the Prem, the penalty doesn’t get given.

I dunno, obviously Walker is good mates with Dele and Dele is good mates with Trips, so I’m sure they all get on well and there wasn’t much in it. I just don’t see why Walker has to call out KT on that. Rather than maybe admit he could have got his body position better or that he didn’t need to stick out his arm. His implication is that it was a bad call from KT, and I just find that a bit needless. But maybe it’s different in Pro world and they all like to be straight shooters, like Rosey.

It just reeked of a bit of Wheelchair’s, ‘it’s time I had my say’. Rather than seeing any fault or having any humility, it’s putting the blame elsewhere. I also haven’t been much of a fun of Walker’s comments since leaving, insinuating Pep is on another level to Poch, the coach that made him.

Well he left spurs so obv I am not going to stand up for him anymore lol.

I didn’t mind seeing him go too much quite frankly as he is prone to that sort of error, and frankly Trippier is not.

Yes, game would have been dead. Would have then become interesting as to how comfortably we could sit back and see the game out.

As it is I suspect the way it actually went will have done them much more good in terms of development.

Agree, they have experienced a bit of adversity in a tournament setting, didn't panic and came through in the end. Can only be a good thing.

I think he was saying that in the Prem, the penalty doesn’t get given.

I dunno, obviously Walker is good mates with Dele and Dele is good mates with Trips, so I’m sure they all get on well and there wasn’t much in it. I just don’t see why Walker has to call out KT on that. Rather than maybe admit he could have got his body position better or that he didn’t need to stick out his arm. His implication is that it was a bad call from KT, and I just find that a bit needless. But maybe it’s different in Pro world and they all like to be straight shooters, like Rosey.

It just reeked of a bit of Wheelchair’s, ‘it’s time I had my say’. Rather than seeing any fault or having any humility, it’s putting the blame elsewhere. I also haven’t been much of a fun of Walker’s comments since leaving, insinuating Pep is on another level to Poch, the coach that made him.

I didn't read it that way. I think there was one interview where Walker said he was just trying to shield the attacker from the ball. Presumably to allow it through to Trippier who would have cleared it, or allow it to go straight out of play.
And that's not a bad call or a wrong decision. It was down to how Walker chose to do it.
Mentioning Trips explains why Walker did that and, in theory, it'd have been correct if he had not been clumsy in his actions.

I didn't read it that way. I think there was one interview where Walker said he was just trying to shield the attacker from the ball. Presumably to allow it through to Trippier who would have cleared it, or allow it to go straight out of play.
And that's not a bad call or a wrong decision. It was down to how Walker chose to do it.
Mentioning Trips explains why Walker did that and, in theory, it'd have been correct if he had not been clumsy in his actions.

Agreed, I did not think was passing blame whatsoever, he was explaining what he did and why. He did admit that he went on to make a mistake rom which he needs to learn.Soft pen, but as has been said, don't give the ref a decision to make. How ours didn't get called beggars belief. Ridiculous! As for Tripps, what a great game!

Agreed, I did not think was passing blame whatsoever, he was explaining what he did and why. He did admit that he went on to make a mistake rom which he needs to learn.Soft pen, but as has been said, don't give the ref a decision to make. How ours didn't get called beggars belief. Ridiculous! As for Tripps, what a great game!

Don't know where they got it from, but the Telegraph had something about possible reasons why.
First one - a push by Stones on a defender before the foul on Kane. Very minor!
Second one - Kane had a handful of the defender's shirt. This one I can buy, looking at the replay, look at Kane's arm and it's not a natural position, until you realise he is gripping the defender as well.

Kyle Walker Post Match Interview - World Cup

'Trips has given me a shout to leave it, so I've just tried to shield the ball because we knew that no one was with Trips so ... In future I'll probably head it away and ask question after that but er ... Listen we've got the three points and that's the main thing.

'

and if you didn't put your arm around the player it would have gone to Trips regardless.

Walker didn't do anything that doesn't happen quite often in a game (I think Young done something similar early in the game and only got a word from the (awful) ref), so just got unlucky this time.

Tripper had a good game. And that's pretty much expected against the lower class of team. He'll get space, use his intelligence and not be to tested in a defensive sense.

When he plays against Mendy, Carrasco, Neymar, Ronaldo.... they're the moments that show his progress.
You mean like the game he had against Real at Wembley?

He chose to shield the ball by raising his arm to face level and obstructing the player, in the middle of our box.

Whether he got a call or not, he didnt have to do that. Just as he didnt have to listen to Trippier, could have just dealt with it on his own initiative.

DgKcc93W4AAwNyt.jpg

Back