• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Alli plays primarily on the left. We are desperate for a central string puller with guile like Eriksen. Thankfully, he has so far avoided any long term injuries. Whenever he has been out, generally we struggle. We have no one that can effectively play his role.

Who can adequately play his role, how much will he cost, and how much game time will he get.......similar problems regarding a genuine Harry alternative

Who can adequately play his role, how much will he cost, and how much game time will he get.......similar problems regarding a genuine Harry alternative

In recent times, we have apparently gone for Isco, Gomes and the ex Everton player that went to Chelscum. I think Poch recognises we need another playmaker. City seem to be able to accommodate Silva and De Byrne ok.

In recent times, we have apparently gone for Isco, Gomes and the ex Everton player that went to Chelscum. I think Poch recognises we need another playmaker. City seem to be able to accommodate Silva and De Byrne ok.

D Silva and DeBruyne start the majority of games but yeah they have great back up in B Silva. For a player of his ability it's a shame we don't see more of B Silva. He would have been great at our place and been a genuine first teamer on the right coming infield, and if Eriksen was rested or injured then he coukd have slotted in more centrally and Lamela taken his place on the right.

Yeah if we can find a B Silva to genuinely improve our right hand side and also cover Eriksen when needs be then that would be ideal.

Alli plays primarily on the left. We are desperate for a central string puller with guile like Eriksen. Thankfully, he has so far avoided any long term injuries. Whenever he has been out, generally we struggle. We have no one that can effectively play his role.

I think of Alli more as inside-left than left forward. While he is of course a very attacking player, he is a "midfielder" - not an "attacker" to my mind.

I can well see us adopting 3 in midfield with both Alli and Eriksen playing in front of a holder.

There is plenty of room for another attacking player on the left.

As to Eriksen understudy, I still think Winks can grow into that role.

Have to agree about cover for Eriksen without him for a long period we would be fudged, the problem they are not many ( if any) players who are good as he his, but i do think we need Martial for the left and he could develop into a CM player under Poch.

I think of Alli more as inside-left than left forward. While he is of course a very attacking player, he is a "midfielder" - not an "attacker" to my mind.

I can well see us adopting 3 in midfield with both Alli and Eriksen playing in front of a holder.

There is plenty of room for another attacking player on the left.

As to Eriksen understudy, I still think Winks can grow into that role.

Was wondering whether we'd switch to 433 myself recently with Alli and Eriksen deeper as you say and Son/Martial - Kane - Lamela/Moura up top

Was wondering whether we'd switch to 433 myself recently with Alli and Eriksen deeper as you say and Son/Martial - Kane - Lamela/Moura up top

I really like the idea of Eriksen and Alli dovetailing a little deeper in midfield.

Eriksen showed he is very capable 10-20 yards back, and can really dictate from there. It would also free Alli to time his runs and generally be a nuisance. And of course with them effectively switching it also makes it hard for them to be picked up.

In addition we maintain some proper attacking players ahead of them.

I really like the idea of Eriksen and Alli dovetailing a little deeper in midfield.

Eriksen showed he is very capable 10-20 yards back, and can really dictate from there. It would also free Alli to time his runs and generally be a nuisance. And of course with them effectively switching it also makes it hard for them to be picked up.

Dier
Alli Eriksen
Bale Kane Son
:eek:

Look at how we've killed the careers or Nkoudou and Njie because there's been no game time for them.
Don't forget Nkoudou didn't have the right attitude in training.
Poch called him out on it, and his response was even worse.
He turned up to the game with headphones on and didn't take them off until game time.
It's all in the book; it also says that they were going to bring on Sissoko but they couldn't find him, he was throwing up back in the changing room, so they brought on GKN. Now that is a new low! Better than a puking Sissoko.

A general point:
We know players don't get opportunities nor stick around if they don't have the right attitude in training, this is a key point when considering who we might buy.
For instance Patrick Kluivert was a bit of a Billy Big B*ll*cks so I assume his son will be even moreso... does anyone know?

It will take £20m but someone will buy him this summer I’m sure

It may happen but Norwich are trying to get him to stay another season , he is only 21 and they are trying to convince him that another year will be of benefit to him. Apparently he is not pushing for a move so i guess we will see.

I called for this on numerous occasions last season, against weaker teams also, but I think it was clear Poch never wanted to go with it (always preferring any 2 holders). It's a shame, CE can do it I'm sure.

I called for this on numerous occasions last season, against weaker teams also, but I think it was clear Poch never wanted to go with it (always preferring any 2 holders). It's a shame, CE can do it I'm sure.

Over the season Eriksen was increasingly pushed back in-game. I would suggest Poch isnt against it at all, rather he was making the best of a bad situation considering the midfield was basically compromised almost the whole season.

Over the season Eriksen was increasingly pushed back in-game. I would suggest Poch isnt against it at all, rather he was making the best of a bad situation considering the midfield was basically compromised almost the whole season.

Its also the Dembele factor. He would never play as the one holder, but was almost essential to us, thus ending up with holder plus him.

Back