• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

When you have a world class striker like Kane in your squad it's within your own interests to have them up to speed and playing well, there's not a single club in world football that would play him from the bench if he was on their books and having a poor run of games
We can't bench him now, I think we should have brought him back as a sub with more minutes each game subject to performance. It worked against Chelsea. Against City there was nowhere to go, as it would indeed be a slap in the face to sub him, and not a good move.

Can we even say Kane was that bad? From what I remember he got naff all service, I dont know who should have done better with was he was supplied with vs City....
Yes he was. He wasn't even trying to win battles, just going through the motions. His pressing was half-hearted. He was a passenger the whole game.

Yes he was. He wasn't even trying to win battles, just going through the motions. His pressing was half-hearted. He was a passenger the whole game.

I would argue the press failed because of the players behind Harry, Erikson and lamela not pushing up, thus giving city space and angles to pass into.
Harry does not look fully fit mins you.

Kane is world class but I guess it is part of my personality, I like what I call left brain thinking. Doing things a bit differently. I would play a front 3 of Dele, Lucas, Son
Would offer a lot of pace and movement and keep the opposition on their feet.
Our forward 6 are all capable of interchanging and playing other positions, so we should be very fluid. Notice against City when Eriksen ran beyond Kane, Kane found him and we scored. Kane is great from deep, others are great running past him (Son Eriksen Alli maybe Moura Lamela) so we should be very fluid regardless of which players play.

Poch is hoping he can play himself back into form. Despite getting a goal he really was off the pace and clumsy. Luckily for us he's up against Man Utd's centre backs on Saturday. They can all be clumsy together. It'll resemble more of a rugby league game in their penalty box.

So why did Son go up front and Kane drop deep? Was it because Kane is not fit enough to sprint explosively, so he is better off sitting deep and dictating play and coming onto things to shoot from distance when a defence sits deep, rather that wrestling with 2 centre backs?

So why did Son go up front and Kane drop deep? Was it because Kane is not fit enough to sprint explosively, so he is better off sitting deep and dictating play and coming onto things to shoot from distance when a defence sits deep, rather that wrestling with 2 centre backs?
Kane as a false 9. The orcs have no one to mark and will just they'll get confused and wrestle each other.

Sadly hasn’t looked any where near his usual self since the ankle injury, hopefully this upcoming 9 day break until the next game will give him time to get match fit again... otherwise I concur with those who suggest that Son should replace him up front until he is 100%, as we looked far more fluid back when we were ending that Stamford Bridge hoodoo...

Kane thrives on goals and I think when he is not scoring he doesn't stand out as much but he is still an important player. I noticed him being sharper and quicker after he scored so it is probably a confidence thing with him.
Anyone talking about benching him is bonkers. He’s a vital player for us, occupies defenders and deep-lying midfielders alike and will start scoring again.

Back