• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

Top4. Vital for Spurs moving into the new stadium and also vital to stop Cheatski getting top 4, so Abramovich gets even less interested and Hazard leaves for Spain

Must win tomorrow. Get back into 3rd with 8 to go. Both us and Liverpool have to go to Chelsea and WBA, after that I would say our other 2 away matches are easier than theirs, but the 4 home games are tougher

I want both. 2 games left in the FA Cup before the season ending Final. So no reason to get fatigue with games. With no more Champions league we have lost the possibility of at least another 4 games all midweek.

This thing about us not winning anything. I want that monkey off our back. I also want Champions league football in our first season in our new stadium.

So call me greedy. I am not choosing. I want both. We can do it.

Why on earth does it have to be top 4 or FA Cup? Our squad is easily big enough to achieve both....

I've heard about something similar to this. They're called hypothetical something something. Basically you have to imagine that only one option is possible and choose. For some reason vegans are particularily bad at imagining.

UTD winning today pretty much solidified the top 2. Despite how they have struggled at times, I cannot see them losing it now.

I guess we can say that technically 3rd is ours to lose. Although with City and Chelsea to play we may struggle. Winning all the other games will see us hit 79 points, so a draw against Chelsea will probably secure 4th.

Why on earth does it have to be top 4 or FA Cup? Our squad is easily big enough to achieve both....
Don't get me wrong, I want both and I think we can achieve that. At least there is no need for prioritising, we can go all out for both targets.

Just interested in what everyone's choice would be if only one does happen and whether anyone has changed their view, because of things like, the 'poch hasn't won anything' diatribe, or moving into the new ground with CL, or we need to keep the money flowing in, so that outweighs a cup win.

Just a discussion really. All hypothetical ;)

We can do both, in fact I'd say we must.

It's a statement that the lads, the manager, the Chairman, the club must make. A watershed season

No pressure !

Top 4 all day, every day. If you want to win silverware that matters, you need to keep the team together and CL will do that. Both because it is the competition everyone wants to play and because it will give us the money to keep the players we want. Win an FA cup and miss out on CL and we get a trophy now, but at the detriment of bigger prizes in the near future because players will want to go elsewhere and we will not be able to attract new young talent.

It's really a no-brainer and wanting to win an FA cup at the expense of CL is a knee-jerk reaction to the "what have they won" narrative, in my view. Yeah, it was a big thing back when it had prestige and when we really didn't have a team that could compete for much else. FA and League cups were the best we could do. But now we have a genuine title-contending team and are establishing ourselves as a force in Europe. And with the luster of the FA cup much diminished, it's a nice-to-win if it doesn't get in the way of other things. Luckily this season it won't so I see no reason why we couldn't win it.

After going out of the CL, our remaining target should be :
- winning the FA Cup
- finishing in top 4 in the league
- Kane winning the Golden Boot

I think winning the FA Cup should be our priority because it is now 10 years since we last won a trophy and we have never gone more than 10 years without a trophy since 1951. As for the top 4 race, I think it will be a setback for us if we don't finish in top 2 this season after doing so last season. Similiarly, it will be disappointing if Kane don't win the Golden Boot as the top scorer after doing so for the past 2 seasons.

Just been listening to that clown Redknapp Jr saying winning the FA Cup is more important, how we were in a position to win the league against Leicester and the defeat against Juve is proving we still have the soft under belly we've always been associated with.

IF we win the FA cup and come fourth, the narrative will change and it will be we need CL to keep our best players. I'd almost want it to happen but only if an electric shock was given to any pundit or rival fan voices the opposite opinion after the event.

From a fans point of view, especially those of us who would be able to attend the FA cup final winning it at the expense of CL could selfishly be preferable, but for the greater good of the club I think CL will pay the wages and provide the stage that players want. Last time we won a cup our two star strikers both fudged off to CL teams against our will.

Why are Liverpool not receiving the same scrutiny, having some more, with their great history and manager losing his last 5 finals?

Redknapp himself is the personification of weak under belly as a player, now acting like he achieved everything in the game from the comfort of a warm studio. Why can't these pundits be held to task on their own careers, like Jenas was recently on BT sport (where he came across well choosing to accept responsibility rather than respond to the goading that playing for Liverpool would have turned him into Roy Keane.)

Let's get CL and win the FA cup, then prepare to hear how unless we pay top wages, do the treble and go invincible Harry Kane will be off to United, Poch to PSG, Eriksen to Juve, Dele to Madrid and all our new fans to City...

I just want to watch the team play good football and be competitive. Not really that bothered that we haven't won a trophy in some time. The last 6-7 seasons, this club has brought me more joy than the previous 20 seasons. And I would rather see us battle it out with Real Madrid and Juve in the CL than win a cup final vs Wigan.

Back