• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Thought he was very good v Juve. Assist for Kane, won the free-kick for Eriksen's goal, good movement and work-rate generally. Amazing how at home he is at that level of football at the age of 21!

He also got his own back on being slyly blocked off on their opening goal, when he slyly blocked off Chiellini as Eriksen's free-kick went through the wall, helping create the gap. Credit to Chiellini for not hitting the deck and instead being a geezer/getting on with it/recognizing that what comes around goes around.

We were afraid of Chiellini's dark arts but Dele mugged him to get the freekick that Eriksen scored. He may overplay at times and lose the ball unnecessarily but his vision and cunning are without equal.

This is it, Dele needs to do two things

- Vary between the overplay option and the simple route (would make him less predictable), Eriksen is so much better at this, capable of the outrageous, but can take the quick/simple option.
- He does need to work on his finishing, he's good, but if he was clinical (ala Kane), he'd be a monster.

Everything else he's got covered, he's got two teammates who he can see/learn from in both, if he does, he'd be the WC player that his potential definitely allows.

This is it, Dele needs to do two things

- Vary between the overplay option and the simple route (would make him less predictable), Eriksen is so much better at this, capable of the outrageous, but can take the quick/simple option.
- He does need to work on his finishing, he's good, but if he was clinical (ala Kane), he'd be a monster.

Everything else he's got covered, he's got two teammates who he can see/learn from in both, if he does, he'd be the WC player that his potential definitely allows.

The thing is, he was super clinical last two seasons - indeed I thought that was his main strength, alongside brilliant movement to get into goal scoring positions.

This season he seems to be trying to switch to a more creative no.10 for whatever reason.

The thing is, he was super clinical last two seasons - indeed I thought that was his main strength, alongside brilliant movement to get into goal scoring positions.

This season he seems to be trying to switch to a more creative no.10 for whatever reason.

Go back and look at last season, he missed a sitter or two a game. He is really good at not letting it affect him and typically buried the next or a later chance, but he misses.

The stats support my view, though I’m sure it won’t sway you as we’re all wedded to our opinions :)

But last season in the PL he scored a goal every 5 shots, whereas this season he scores 1 every 11 shots.

Might be just because he was getting into better goal scoring positions last season. Either way last year his role was popping up with loads of goals despite not having many shots; this season he seems to be more of a creator.

Edit: I’m not saying he didn’t miss sitters, but overall the fact is that he scored loads of goals because he didn’t need many shots to score.

The stats support my view, though I’m sure it won’t sway you as we’re all wedded to our opinions :)

But last season in the PL he scored a goal every 5 shots, whereas this season he scores 1 every 11 shots.

Might be just because he was getting into better goal scoring positions last season. Either way last year his role was popping up with loads of goals despite not having many shots; this season he seems to be more of a creator.

Edit: I’m not saying he didn’t miss sitters, but overall the fact is that he scored loads of goals because he didn’t need many shots to score.

His form has been noticeably worse this season, no argument there.

My original point is play simpler, make better use of your chances, still applies.

Dele like any breakout player has been noticed, team try to counter him more, he like Kane (who has done it extremely well) has to adapt and improve.

I'm definitely seeing signs of him developing more into a No. 10 this year than the second coming of David Platt.

I also loved the interchange with Uncle Buffon. When all is said and done, it's only a game and is meant to be fun.

I thought from reading this thread it was impossible for Alli to get a penalty because he dives too much???
No it’s been said it makes it less likely he’ll be given one, especially in big games. A ref isn’t going to be concerned about giving a penalty against Rochdale, let’s see how he fares doing it against one of the big boys in a big game....

No it’s been said it makes it less likely he’ll be given one, especially in big games. A ref isn’t going to be concerned about giving a penalty against Rochdale, let’s see how he fares doing it against one of the big boys in a big game....

Disagree

The ref had a great view and it was stonewall

A ref would struggle not to give that and face the consequences

Disagree

The ref had a great view and it was stonewall

A ref would struggle not to give that and face the consequences

Agree and also history shows that even the most OTT divers still get penalties. He is more in the category of Vardy, looks for the pens not always diving

Huh? I thought it was a penalty. I’m just saying about why some are concerned at out his previous dives. In a big game it’s more likely he wouldn’t get the decision vs one against some minnows in the FA Cup...

My comment was aimed at yours about him not getting them in a big game... he would get that penalty 9/10 times IMO regardless who we play

My comment was aimed at yours about him not getting them in a big game... he would get that penalty 9/10 times IMO regardless who we play
I see, sorry. I’m not saying he wouldn’t but because of his previous it makes it less likely especially away from home. But think he’s got better with his diving so don’t want to harp on about it...

I thought from reading this thread it was impossible for Alli to get a penalty because he dives too much???

No one said it's impossible but some refs might think twice if Alli goes down compared to Harry Kane for example, do you not understand that this could impact us negatively i.e. we might not get as many penalties as we should do? Are you saying that he hasn't dived in the past?

This witch hunt for Alli is unbelievable.

Keith Hill has had to come out and defend him this morning.

If I was Alli I would tell England to fudge off
I don’t see Keith Hill’s comments as defending Alli. If he was defending him he would have said “That wasn’t a dive, my guy fouled him and it was a penalty”

What he has said is that Alli went to ground but he doesn’t blame him. Refreshing comments from an opposing manager but not particularly helpful to Alli’s reputation.

Wouldn't call it a witch hunt. He's dived on numerous occasions. To pretend he hasn't is tunnel vision.

What player hasn't?

I don't get the wider media's obsession with Alli's diving.

Rooney did this, Owen did this, Gerrard did this, Bale did this. It surely cant be because he's English or British?

Is it because he's black, english, a bit flash, successful and people don't like it? Like Raheem Sterling?

Back