• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus***

shame we gifted them two silly goals as there's no reason why we couldn't have won that

Above is your post almost immediately after a stunning performance away at Juve. While it's true we started badly and could have won, my main take, right now, is how amazingly well we did. Your comment reminds me of my step-dad's dad on the tube coming back form the 81 Cup Final replay complaining about the 'bloody bumpy tracks'.

Ok...

I'm proud of 80 minutes of our display. Very proud. Took it right to them and battered them really.

But we clearly froze and panicked early doors - scrappy clearance, 1 down in 1 minute. Note we didn't even bother to mark Higuain at all at the freekick. That is like not marking Kane at all at a freekick. Our whole back 4 were outside the back post, there was nobody in the centre of the goal except Alli, who Khedira nudged out of the way. Yes Hig was offside. But it was so naive of us. Lloris looked really frightened at the coin toss and the team were immediately out of sorts.

Aurier was abysmal. So many good positions wasted, such poor defending throughout.

Obvs Dembele, Eriksen, Kane, Verts all good.

I think Poch is crazy for not using his subs... Lamela and Alli are slowing slowing slowing slooowwww www w w w w w then he thinks about a sub.

Son didn't make a challenge at all, didn't get stuck in during his 222 second stint. Moura looked bright in the 3 seconds he had the ball. Wanyama won't need a shower after the 1 second he was on the pitch.

I'm proud of 80 minutes of our display. Very proud. Took it right to them and battered them really.

But we clearly froze and panicked early doors - scrappy clearance, 1 down in 1 minute. Note we didn't even bother to mark Higuain at all at the freekick. That is like not marking Kane at all at a freekick. Our whole back 4 were outside the back post, there was nobody in the centre of the goal except Alli, who Khedira nudged out of the way. Yes Hig was offside. But it was so naive of us. Lloris looked really frightened at the coin toss and the team were immediately out of sorts.

Aurier was abysmal. So many good positions wasted, such poor defending throughout.

I think Poch is crazy for not using his subs... Lamela and Alli are slowing slowing slowing slooowwww www w w w w w then he thinks about a sub.

Son didn't make a challenge at all, didn't get stuck in during his 222 second stint. Moura looked bright in the 3 seconds he had the ball. Wanyama won't need a shower after the 1 second he was on the pitch.

I was a bit annoyed at Son actually. He came on let his man go twice in a 20 second spell. He didn't look focused at all.

Note we didn't even bother to mark Higuain at all at the freekick. That is like not marking Kane at all at a freekick. Our whole back 4 were outside the back post, there was nobody in the centre of the goal except Alli, who Khedira nudged out of the way. Yes Hig was offside. But it was so naive of us. Lloris looked really frightened at the coin toss and the team were immediately out of sorts.
Actually I thought that was really clever from them.

They've clearly studied how we man mark in that position and set up so that we were marking them that wide. All they had to do was get away with blocking Higuain's marker (and they did) and he'd be through.

I think we were naive in assuming we'd get a free kick away in Europe for that.

Today we looked to me like we are now at the same level as Dortmund have been the past few years.

We are really starting to kick in to gear. Having Lamela back is brilliant. And Wanyama. Toby back soon too.

That is not a team you want to play against.
If Mouras cameo is anything to go by, he looks like he'll be a bit like a fwd of Dembele.
And you can see he and Aurier have an understanding, that might just help Aurier out.

Still say the club were most alike is Atletico

Juventus will always be match fixing, EPO using clams. Cheered by criminally organised Ultras who fight with each other over which group controls the Curva Sud and which group get the most of the thousands of free season tickets the club gives ultra groups in return for good behaviour.

I think that Juventus underestimated us when they let us have the ball and parked the bus in the first half. Second half they came out pressing and did not allow Dembele to dictate the midfield like in the first half. Still we battled them back and got the goal. Very proud of the team and grateful to Poch for changing the mentality of the club.

P.S., we have got to cut out this "stage fright" flimflam of conceding set piece goals way too early in big games. Happened to us at least twice this season already - against City and today.

What were you watching?? Lamela was immense along with Eriksen and the Mousse!

I'm still waiting for the right angel of the first goal which was scored by Juve. Strong shout for Higuain's offside.

Overall:
1. We GIFTED Juventus the draw due to our personal defensive blunders. Absolutely horrific perfomance by Aurier, Davies and Sanchez (the last one found his head only in the late 20 minutes of the match). Also in the end there were a couple of Jan's mistakes (domino principle I guess).
I REALLY wish we'll see Trippier---TOBY---Sanchez---Vert---Rose combo in the 2nd leg.
2. My biggest thanks to our attacking trio+Kane+Dembele that they didn't switch off the game after our horrific defensive start. We were defenitely the better attacking side and should have scored at least 3 goals (probably even 4).
3. I would shake your hand if you offered me a 2-2 draw before the game, but am I the only one who feels like we were robbed a bit by injustice and bad referring?

Anyway, COYS! We CAN and we'll DO IT!

P.S.: also spotted three Juve fans in my local pub this evening and absolutely destroyed them in voice on several occasions: when Harry didn't score his header, when he scored, when Eriksen scored our 2nd goal and... when Aurier conceded the 2nd penalty! They didn't stand a fcking chance, Italian pricks!

Back