• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

We need someone from deep who can switch the ball quickly. It's the most obvious thing this side lacks versus our rivals. We have no real ability to play it quickly and accurately over a longer distance, or to take advantage of a team squeezing up on one side.
I agree
but who does that for city and pool?
I think our issue with Bissouma is he plays a lot of passes then does a random reckless one that breaks his in game focus and he then he goes super safe

I agree
but who does that for city and pool?
I think our issue with Bissouma is he plays a lot of passes then does a random reckless one that breaks his in game focus and he then he goes super safe
For Pool, Szbor and MacAlister. With Emirates Marketing Project they don't use that pass as often but if De Bruyne picks it up deep which he occasionally does he will play them as will Rodri. I'm not talking about spamming long balls, but at times the runs are made and we rarely try to play those type of passes.

For Pool, Szbor and MacAlister. With Emirates Marketing Project they don't use that pass as often but if De Bruyne picks it up deep which he occasionally does he will play them as will Rodri. I'm not talking about spamming long balls, but at times the runs are made and we rarely try to play those type of passes.
But that’s Maddison for us or even sarr and bentacur
Rodri had never impressed me with any clever passes, but that’s why they need him with De Bruyne
The pool equivalent to Bissouma is the Japanese guy. Szoboslai is Maddison for us and Macallister is the box to box guy
I think what we need is a unicorn player in that they don’t exist

Rodri had never impressed me with any clever passes, but that’s why they need him with De Bruyne
The pool equivalent to Bissouma is the Japanese guy. Szoboslai is Maddison for us and Macallister is the box to box guy
But Maddison doesn't play those passes, Sarr has occasionally. Bentancur is possibly the best fit but that assumes hes on the pitch. For me it doesn't have to be the DM specifically who plays those passes but someone who will sometimes be in the deep space and can and will spray the ball over middle and longer distances. We lack that currently, whereas Pool and City do have it and do play those passes when it makes sense to do so. We tend to play it short and try to run with the ball. Theres nothing wrong with that and at times its the best option but we need a bit more variety in our use of the ball.

But Maddison doesn't play those passes, Sarr has occasionally. Bentancur is possibly the best fit but that assumes hes on the pitch. For me it doesn't have to be the DM specifically who plays those passes but someone who will sometimes be in the deep space and can and will spray the ball over middle and longer distances. We lack that currently, whereas Pool and City do have it and do play those passes when it makes sense to do so. We tend to play it short and try to run with the ball. Theres nothing wrong with that and at times its the best option but we need a bit more variety in our use of the ball.
I agree with variety but I’m not convinced pool or city do that
I have to say I don’t watch either side much now as I find city boring and pool too righteous

I maintain that this is a player we should upgrade if possible. He has the talent, but for me something is missing in consistency of application. Tough appraisal I know, but we need elite there and he is just above average IMO.

Tend to agree, i did not really get the hype about him during his Brighton days and was surprised when we bought him. As you say he has good days but he also goes absent during some games.

I'm not sure his passing range is the biggest issue. He's erratic on the ball and the consistency of the rest of his game has not made up for that, on balance, over this season.

That being said he was bloody terrific at the start of this season so I still hold out hope. Worth getting some competition in though for sure.

Prime Kante is what we need IMO.

Prime Kante is what we need IMO.

I do agree with the notion, but is there literally any team out there that couldn't do with a prime Kante? I thoroughly hated it when he was a Chelsea player, he was unreal, way better at moving the ball than many have him credit for.

RE Biss, some competition / a replacement seems to be a good idea, possibly the main priority for the summer. It seems fairly inevitable that PEH will be moving on so I guess it's in the pipeline, we need ready made quality so that Yves can do the same job next season that Pierre is doing for us in this one. Speculation about who that player should be is probably best for the transfer thread.

On Bissouma it just annoyingly seems like a bit of a one step forward two steps back kind of year. The Fulham game wasn't all on him as everyone had a poor game but how we can play with three midfielders + 2 fbs that come in to the center and still be completely wide open in that area is almost impressive. I'm going to guess it's not in Ange's nature (nor the system) but I like the security of having a mean ol bastard dedicated DM like Sandro / Palacios that is just there to tackle / intercept and then give the ball to someone else who can pass it. Right now our midfield roles are a bit wishy washy.

Any suggested positional switch isn't usually popular until it happens but I still think Romero as a DM could be brilliant, he has the ability to switch it that we currently lack plus the appetite for defending. It's definitely not a goer whilst VDV is out though.

Kobbie Mainoo has shot to fame. 18 years old, first start 4 months ago, now suddenly might start for England.
Did Mainoo play against our stars like Tyrese Hall, and are they at a similar level?

Kobbie Mainoo has shot to fame. 18 years old, first start 4 months ago, now suddenly might start for England.
Did Mainoo play against our stars like Tyrese Hall, and are they at a similar level?
He played with them at England youth but united pushed him into the first team because of injuries… like rashford when he came in

I'm not sure his passing range is the biggest issue. He's erratic on the ball and the consistency of the rest of his game has not made up for that, on balance, over this season.

That being said he was bloody terrific at the start of this season so I still hold out hope. Worth getting some competition in though for sure.

His recklessness is IMO his biggest downfall. Missed numerous games through suspensions this season which hurts a team.

He played with them at England youth but united pushed him into the first team because of injuries… like rashford when he came in
Don't lie to me @Bedfordspurs

Anyway, my question was, has Tyrese Hall played for Spurs against Man U's Mainoo in youth games. I looked back and we played them in April 2023 in a 2-2 draw, but neither player was selected.
We also played them in Oct 22 in a 1-1 draw, Mainoo played but Hall didn't.

Don't lie to me @Bedfordspurs

Anyway, my question was, has Tyrese Hall played for Spurs against Man U's Mainoo in youth games. I looked back and we played them in April 2023 in a 2-2 draw, but neither player was selected.
We also played them in Oct 22 in a 1-1 draw, Mainoo played but Hall didn't.
I was talking about Mainoo
He played England youth with loads of our players

To my understanding Mainoo was more highly rated, at least in Manchester United circles. I had been hearing his name mentioned (along with Amad) for a first team call up since last season.

I suppose you could say the same in some respects with Spurs and the calls for Donley or Lankshear to get games.

Back