• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

am i right to read this as confirmation of malaria, though with mild symptoms before the afcon ?
I think natives acquire immunity to malaria, but if you move away that immunity can decrease with time, so maybe he got it and had mild symptoms

Mild case or malaria that cleared up before the tournament started. Thigh issue that stopped him starting games that has also come good. Straight from Big Ange's mouth. I'd expect to definitely see him be involved or maybe even start tomorrow.

It's not a contagious disease either, for those wondering. In that it can't spread from human to human, only mozzie to person.. Is my understanding

I think natives acquire immunity to malaria, but if you move away that immunity can decrease with time, so maybe he got it and had mild symptoms
It's not native or indigenous thing. If you live for long enough in a malaria zone and constantly get bitten by malaria carrying mosquitos you will eventually build *some* resistance. Like you say if you move away that small resistance does dissipate with time.
It's not a contagious disease either, for those wondering. In that it can't spread from human to human, only mozzie to person.. Is my understanding
Correct.

A side note the Southern part of the USA used to also be an endemic malaria region until the early 20th century when the US decided to go on a mosquito spraying program and basically wiped out the entire population of them.

It's not native or indigenous thing. If you live for long enough in a malaria zone and constantly get bitten by malaria carrying mosquitos you will eventually build *some* resistance. Like you say if you move away that small resistance does dissipate with time.
As I said, if you are native to the area you build some resistance. I'm using the word native as in "Toronto native" is native to Toronto, so someone native to "those areas where mosquitos and malaria are issues" will build resistance.

Very good to have him back. Hopefully he'll get back to his early season excellent form sooner or later.
The rest he had whilst suspended and also indirectly in afcon will have helped

We as fans never factor in things like mental exhaustion and the impact of how players minds may work

I’m hoping the hangover from his silly decisions may have lifted and we can see super Biss

The rest he had whilst suspended and also indirectly in afcon will have helped

We as fans never factor in things like mental exhaustion and the impact of how players minds may work

I’m hoping the hangover from his silly decisions may have lifted and we can see super Biss
I thought his performances dropped quite a bit before his silly decisions. But definitely agree that mental exhaustion is often overlooked. Now we may have the option to rotate a bit or change in games rather than having to play even if tired, mentally exhausted, whatever.

Back