• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

Perhaps a fig leaf, perhaps not. I'm choosing to assume that the club has more knowledge than us, and that they wouldn't make what would at the very least be seen as a really bad decision on this.

I could be wrong on that, I'll be all with you in that case.

Bissouma's legal team may have an indication of how enquiries are progressing and which direction they are taking, all of which would not necessarily be available in the public domain, but yes, it 's possible some of that may have been filtered back to the club.
However as of now he, along with another man, remains under arrest and under investigation for sexual assault. I doubt there are many organisations that would employ someone with such a potential charge hanging over them and I wouldn't want our club to do so. Whether or not that is a fair approach when someone is innocent until proven guilty is another matter.
The other person under arrest is on bail until next week I read, so maybe there is an expectation that either charges will be dropped against both, or at least against Bissouma, at that time. Maybe we are getting things lined up to make an announcement if that happens.
I can't for one moment imagine the club signing a player when there is a risk he will have to face trial for sexual assault, but even if we have reason to believe that is not going to happen, we still shouldn't sign him whilst he is still under arrest and investigation.

Bissouma's legal team may have an indication of how enquiries are progressing and which direction they are taking, all of which would not necessarily be available in the public domain, but yes, it 's possible some of that may have been filtered back to the club.
However as of now he, along with another man, remains under arrest and under investigation for sexual assault. I doubt there are many organisations that would employ someone with such a potential charge hanging over them and I wouldn't want our club to do so. Whether or not that is a fair approach when someone is innocent until proven guilty is another matter.
The other person under arrest is on bail until next week I read, so maybe there is an expectation that either charges will be dropped against both, or at least against Bissouma, at that time. Maybe we are getting things lined up to make an announcement if that happens.
I can't for one moment imagine the club signing a player when there is a risk he will have to face trial for sexual assault, but even if we have reason to believe that is not going to happen, we still shouldn't sign him whilst he is still under arrest and investigation.

The other person was on bail till june 6th. Not heard anything since.

https://www.brightonandhovenews.org...mains-under-investigation-in-sex-attack-case/

https://www.brightonandhovenews.org...its-outcome-of-sex-attack-case-investigation/

Was arrested, subsequently released under investigation. If that means he is no longer under arrest, then I stated things incorrectly above. It doesn't change the situation for me - he's under investigation for sexual assault = we shouldn't be signing him until he is no longer under investigation.
According to that article, the other man is on bail until next Friday.

What’s the general view on Utd signing Ronaldo? He had a rape charge against him in the US and it’s only just been thrown out on a technicality / fudge up by the prosecution team, he’s not been found innocent. He’s still received hero status at Utd, Sky, BT, written press, fellow players etc. All season.

just because Utd do it doesn’t mean we should but I don’t remember seeing any condemnation of Ronaldo or Utd on here or anywhere really, but maybe I’ve missed it?

It’s a tough one. I was always against Redknapp on integrity grounds, because of his brown envelope history. I would also have been against Gattuso for his misogyny and homophobia. But in those cases, the facts were well established. Here it seems there’s genuine doubt all-round about what happened. It could be really bad, or it could be a malicious accusation. I think if the expectation is of no further action, you have to work on the presumption of innocence basis. But the club should also be doing a lot of due diligence on all-round character, because if he was guilty, he will likely end up in much worse trouble in future.

What’s the general view on Utd signing Ronaldo? He had a rape charge against him in the US and it’s only just been thrown out on a technicality / fudge up by the prosecution team, he’s not been found innocent. He’s still received hero status at Utd, Sky, BT, written press, fellow players etc. All season.

just because Utd do it doesn’t mean we should but I don’t remember seeing any condemnation of Ronaldo or Utd on here or anywhere really, but maybe I’ve missed it?

Very true. It’s appalling how this is whitewashed.

The Ronaldo stuff is pretty disgusting. The De Spiegl (?) Recordings are under an injunction, I can't remember how but I've read the transcript, he admitted the girl said no.
Different laws for the rich and famous.

Has been anything solid from the club that we are trying to sign him?
It wouldn't be the first time there's been loads of media reports that have turned out to be nothing.
Still do not believe for one second we all but signed gattuso for instance.

Golden boys at his levels rarely get the tarnish they sometimes deserve
The story behind his one seemed to be so “sure” yet money talks of course

Has been anything solid from the club that we are trying to sign him?
It wouldn't be the first time there's been loads of media reports that have turned out to be nothing.
Still do not believe for one second we all but signed gattuso for instance.
Usually when ESPN reports it (aka we hear about it in the US), it's a done deal from all the times I've seen.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-...to-sign-ives-bissouma-in-25m-transfer-sources
From yesterday... ESPN doesn't usually play the speculation game like the tabloids.

Yes, though:
- Liverpool play with 2 CBs and 3 holding CMs (5 in total)....this allows their FBs to play as WBs
- we play with 3CBs and 2 holding CMs (5 in total)...this allows our WBs to get forwards

So I dont think we need an attacking CM, and arguably if we played with one it would mean that our WBs needed to not get forwards as much
THIS! Just different ways of doing the same. And it's not as either of our CM's are useless going forward. They do contribute, but their main role is to provide solidity and prevent the back 3 getting totally exposed. Adding Bissouma will strengthen us both ways, and allow us to rotate more. We'll probably play 60+ games, so we need a big squad with quality throughout, something we've been missing.
We have a decent XI, with a few subs that can fill in, but we need 18+ good players, not 13-14.

THIS! Just different ways of doing the same. And it's not as either of our CM's are useless going forward. They do contribute, but their main role is to provide solidity and prevent the back 3 getting totally exposed. Adding Bissouma will strengthen us both ways, and allow us to rotate more. We'll probably play 60+ games, so we need a big squad with quality throughout, something we've been missing.
We have a decent XI, with a few subs that can fill in, but we need 18+ good players, not 13-14.
We need 18 high quality and 4 solid pros
And people are forgetting our CBS attack more than most teams midfields

I'm disappointed. I think that the club have got this wrong.

Thats fair and reasonable.

But I have faith in Levy, he wouldn't risk the reputation of the club on something like that, it would be very bad business, and he can never be accused of that.

(Before someone pipes up "with what about furlough and what about the European Super League", they were good business, albeit not popular with some of the customers.)

Back