• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your controversial Spurs views

Quite smart to make a gamble that we would win the cup whilst jeopardising our league form?

Or quite lucky that the gamble came off? Lucky maybe not the right word but I hope you understand my sentiment.

Well, it was a different era. I don't think it was much of a gamble at all. There weren't many European places through the league as English clubs had been out of Europe for 5 years. We'd slipped down the rankings. Note that Crystal Palace finished 3rd that season and did not even qualify for the Uefa Cup! I think when you consider that, it was right to protect Gazza and concentrate on the cup.

1- Any manager could have gotten us out of that rut that Ramos had gotten us into (unsure who could have secured 4th though)
2- Parker is not to be relied upon as a first team player
3- Bassong is a good player and should be given a chance.
4- Helder Postiga should have been given more time.

1, I have never understood the praise Ginola get from Spurs fans, he was a good player in a team full of crap players. If he was the greatest around ( as many think) he would have a better CV of clubs then Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Us, A.Villa and Everton. I hear so many fans say he is the best winger we have had, he is not fit to lace Waddles boots.

2, I think the Hudd is the most overated player at the club.

[-X Really hope AVB gives him a chance next season to show everyone what we've been missing.

I can remember "getting slaughtered" by my mates for daring to suggest that our FA Cup win in '91 was down to the team, as a whole rather than just to Gascoigne 'whose self inflicted injury nearly cost us the cup and the club a few extra million quid', when we really needed the kudos and the cash. It took a while for that one to blow over :-"

1- Any manager could have gotten us out of that rut that Ramos had gotten us into (unsure who could have secured 4th though)
2- Parker is not to be relied upon as a first team player
3- Bassong is a good player and should be given a chance.
4- Helder Postiga should have been given more time.

The Bassong bit got me. Think he's a liability everytime he steps on the pitch. He'll find a way to mess something up 9 times out of 10 and when he does he just gives this smug little look on his face like "poor me". Should be given the award for Most Awkward on the Ball for the past decade. Narrowly missing out in second would be Palacios, followed closely by Crouch in 3rd.

Read two books on holiday; The GLory Game and The Boys in White -

One of them suggesst Ardiles was more important and a better player than Hoddle...

1. I think BAE is a much better player than he is a "cool guy". I think he's full of brick and says that stuff about being motivated by money not because he's honest but to make a name for himself. I also think he is a perfect example of a second generation, actually had it quite easy, chip on his shoulder, moaning immigrant who should line up for France.

2. Krankie is/was ugly, i think i am better looking than him.

3. Lineker was a goal hanging piece of brick and not a "spurs style player" and my skin crawls when he makes comments referring to his career with us.

4. Gary Mabbut is a very nice guy, but i never really rated him as a player.

5. I refuse to consider Sheringham a legend simply because i hate him on a personal level.

We finished 3rd in 1990 fella. I thought the 8th reference and having two of England's best players was about his highest finish. Well, he had two higher finishes than that. 6th in 1989 and 3rd in 1990. The following season was when we were broke and hadn't signed anyone for about 2 years. We had about 15 players left. He rightly then rested players in the league, especially Gazza, to concentrate on the cup. Would you rather we'd got 3rd again or something and lost to Arsenal or Forest? He could have done that playing our tiny squad flat out in the league. I'd say he was quite smart with the way he approached the situation.

Gazza was injured for a bit of that season, with his hernia IIRC, but we still had a great team. And it was in the pre-prem days when most teams had about 15 players all seson anyway.

We'll agree to disagree.

The Bassong bit got me. Think he's a liability everytime he steps on the pitch. He'll find a way to mess something up 9 times out of 10 and when he does he just gives this smug little look on his face like "poor me". Should be given the award for Most Awkward on the Ball for the past decade. Narrowly missing out in second would be Palacios, followed closely by Crouch in 3rd.

he most definitely is now - but he was a first team player the year we finished 4th and qualified for the CL and looked a good player - since then it looks like he has regressed after spending a lot of time on the sidelines.

should have been managed better

Controversial Spurs views?

* Hoddle should have been given more time as a manager (without Pleat undermining him).

* Lennon is one of our most important players and I'd be more excited at news that he's signed a new contract than I was when Bale did (not saying I wasn't excited at the Bale news, just putting it into context).

* I'm sorry to see Redknapp go; I think he did a good job. But now that he has gone I see no reason to dwell on him, I'm 100% behind AVB and looking forward to the future (given the extreme arguments on this subject, it's weird when a moderate, middle-of-the road view on a subject seems to put you in a controversial minority).

BAE is a very average defender.

Armstrongs goals to games ratio shows he's not a bad player.

Alan Sugar was/is a ****.

George Graham wasnt given a fair crack due to his past despite kicking us into great shape.

Espen Baardsen should've been our number one for years.

Anyone who thinks we should've moved to Stratford deserves a slap and a fudging big one at that.

Controversial Spurs views?

* Hoddle should have been given more time as a manager (without Pleat undermining him).

* Lennon is one of our most important players and I'd be more excited at news that he's signed a new contract than I was when Bale did (not saying I wasn't excited at the Bale news, just putting it into context).

* I'm sorry to see Redknapp go; I think he did a good job. But now that he has gone I see no reason to dwell on him, I'm 100% behind AVB and looking forward to the future (given the extreme arguments on this subject, it's weird when a moderate, middle-of-the road view on a subject seems to put you in a controversial minority).

That makes 2 of us reguarding Lennon. He's absolute quality. His combination of touch and pace are really unbelievable. Think he's got much more technical ability to his game than Bale and can change up his game more effectively than Bale. Proof was for all to see when he came back towards the end of the year. Really adds so much to our play

Back