• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Young players we should look at

Never seen him play, never even heard of him, but if Brighton are buying him then I’d suggest it’s someone we should’ve been interested in?!

Brighton sign Swedish teenage midfielder Yasin Ayari from AIK for £3.5m
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64454712

The Brighton recruitment team should start putting some fake links out there to some random, terrible players from Latvia or Andorra etc. and then sit back and watch other clubs snap them up lol

Marc Guehi is a CB we should be looking at. English, won't come cheap but hopefully can try for him in the summer.

The Brighton recruitment team should start putting some fake links out there to some random, terrible players from Latvia or Andorra etc. and then sit back and watch other clubs snap them up lol
With them it’s more than recruitment, it’s culture
Players join and fit in. They give them time too

Marc Guehi is a CB we should be looking at. English, won't come cheap but hopefully can try for him in the summer.
He looked pretty shaky in the Spurs game a couple of weeks ago; he was generally having problems. We tonked 4 past him. Eventually he really messed up when the ball was chipped forwards and Son just shrugged him out of the way and scored.

He looked pretty shaky in the Spurs game a couple of weeks ago; he was generally having problems. We tonked 4 past him. Eventually he really messed up when the ball was chipped forwards and Son just shrugged him out of the way and scored.
I agree, he didn't have a great game against us but he's a young CB at 22 starting matches in the PL. He will get better over time, perhaps will reach Dier's level eventually... or either exceed that or not live up to it, but he does have that potential.
If we judged players based off of one match, it would be highly unfair. Just saying, a homegrown CB that wouldn't break the bank in the summer could be a decent option. He'd be better than Tanganga, for sure.

What's happening with that young blackburn centre half we are linked with?

We should sign him and loan him out to our Belgium sister club with Dorington. Get them used to playing with each other then we will have our defensive partnership for the next decade.

What are peoples opinions of Jeremy Doku? Really impressed me at the Euros. Was too much for defenders to handle and has incredible speed. He's at Rennes, who we seem to be on good terms with, in spite of them being dingdongs last year, so maybe they can keep Rodon and we get Doku at a cut-rate price?

What are peoples opinions of Jeremy Doku? Really impressed me at the Euros. Was too much for defenders to handle and has incredible speed. He's at Rennes, who we seem to be on good terms with, in spite of them being dingdongs last year, so maybe they can keep Rodon and we get Doku at a cut-rate price?

Looks great, but size-wise, not sure if he’s a Conte player.

In the limited amount I have seen of him he looks to only be able to beat a player on one side. That usually turns me against a player as it doesn't take long for PL opposition to work that out.

how about david carmo from Porto - left footed CB who is built like peter crouch and quite a baller too. lots more options with him in. should be affordable if the porro deal went well.

upload_2023-2-4_10-50-3.png

how about david carmo from Porto - left footed CB who is built like peter crouch and quite a baller too. lots more options with him in. should be affordable if the porro deal went well.

View attachment 15034
We were linked with him before they signed him

https://tothelaneandback.com/2022/0...nterest-in-braga-centre-back-david-carmo/amp/

One I’ll be really interested in now is Souter who has gone to Leicester. My stokey mate thinks he is the gonad*s. Nothing gets past him. We saw that in the World Cup

https://tothelaneandback.com/2022/0...nterest-in-braga-centre-back-david-carmo/amp/

One I’ll be really interested in now is Souter who has gone to Leicester. My stokey mate thinks he is the gonad*s. Nothing gets past him. We saw that in the World Cup

haven't seen him but surely it can't be too difficult to upgrade on Ben Davies.
he's a good defender but we need someone to add to supporting or initiating attacks when we have 3 CBs

haven't seen him but surely it can't be too difficult to upgrade on Ben Davies.
he's a good defender but we need someone to add to supporting or initiating attacks when we have 3 CBs
I think it’s harder to upgrade than fans think
We have a passer in Lenglet but he doesn’t have the defensive noise of Davies
The player we need will cost a lot and won’t be available until the summer we will want a young, physical and quick player who is technically good

Souttar was immense at the World Cup and as an Aussie I love him...but do wonder if he'll be found out a bit more in the Premier League. Leicester is the perfect move for him - hope he keeps progressing and if he does he'd be great in the Dier role.

Back