• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yohan Cabaye

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems we'd rather target players who can run than ones who can pass.

I don't think that is a fair representation of how the team has played so far under Poch and I doubt that he going to go into next season willing to surrender more possession.

what so its pointless buying players from the French league?

It's like the Dutch or Scottish leagues - you need to be very very careful/do some serious scouting. Remember Capoue and Stambouli (and Zokora) were standout CMs in that league. IMO it's much safer to buy from a league of a similar pace, like Germany.

It's like the Dutch or Scottish leagues - you need to be very very careful/do some serious scouting. Remember Capoue and Stambouli (and Zokora) were standout CMs in that league. IMO it's much safer to buy from a league of a similar pace, like Germany.

like a Lewis Holtby?

yeah but Gutter wasnt talking about individual speed

The pace of the game wasn't an issue either, it was his constant chasing of the ball and never catching up to it. If he'd kept his position more he could have done a lot better.

The pace of the game wasn't an issue either, it was his constant chasing of the ball and never catching up to it. If he'd kept his position more he could have done a lot better.

true

well getting back to Cabaye, he is used to the pace of the PL, has proved to be effective here, ok the move to PSG didnt work out but I think once he comes back to the PL he will just pick up where he left off and still has a good 3 or 4 years left in him. However at 29 it does seem he is too old for Levy and the new regime which is a shame

He was probably happy to work with Pardew again after PAG didn't work out.
He will be the heart of the Palace midfield

Only reason it hasn't worked is they brought him as a squad player and he hasn't been given game ahead of the likes of Varatti for instance and they have better players

Only concern I have is that he isn't defensively minded and more of a creator type which isn't really a weakness is we're looking at the centre of the park

Bloody good player though

Only reason it hasn't worked is they brought him as a squad player and he hasn't been given game ahead of the likes of Varatti for instance and they have better players

Only concern I have is that he isn't defensively minded and more of a creator type which isn't really a weakness is we're looking at the centre of the park

Bloody good player though

he did start out as a deeper defensive mid for Lille

For Saudi Sportswashing Machine though he made his role the more creative one in front of the Ivorian lad whose name I can't remember

yeah i know but it shows what a rounded player he is, he can do both the defensive and attacking roles with ease

yeah i know but it shows what a rounded player he is, he can do both the defensive and attacking roles with ease

If that is the case I wonder why it seems ( as far as I can see) that only Palace are in for him. Like I say he has been poor in France ( not the strongest lge in Europe) and he is pushing 30.

If that is the case I wonder why it seems ( as far as I can see) that only Palace are in for him. Like I say he has been poor in France ( not the strongest lge in Europe) and he is pushing 30.

who knows. Clubs choose to ignore possible targets for a variety of reasons

done

ycu_302x322.jpg

I think that he will be a decent player for them but the wages that they are meant to be paying him are unreal

looks like Mansion are back in town......a couple of good memories

luka-modric.jpg
article-1326397-0BE53B23000005DC-37_468x318.jpg

Very good signing for palace, if they can get a decent striker now they're a shoe in for top 10. Charlie Austin for example would be a great buy for them. Cabaye, austin, puncheon, bolasie, Zaha, that's a good midfield/attack there (for Palace).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back