• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would you take Suarez now?

What evidence is there that he was racist btw (genuine question)?

am not talking about a pure racist, not the kind that will come to your face and tell you why you are sub human while throwing Darwinism and science and religion behind it like you were from the **** end of all things creation, no...am talking about modern day types that look on a race and have a pre-conceived notion or disposition towards

suarez casually throws out terminology in a derogatory fashion based on race to evra ....more than once. Doesnt apologise for it, doesnt shake his hand....after admitting what he said. no thanks buddy, pretty clear that the ease of which all that takes place shows a certain kind of someone

not that he is ready to start stringing people up on a tree no, but he doesnt have respect for someone of another race if he's going to blast someone in the face with a racial slur and not apologise for it

no thanks

In my opinion, he genuinely was a victim of cultural differences. That is not to say his actions were right.

Yeh, because he's a SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY of the highest order and as ****ed up as this country can be at times in general terms we as a "culture" will not tolerate this. Suarez is the thin end of a very nasty wedge........and don't get me started on his snidey attempts to maim his fellow professionals.

That'll be a NO by the way.

I just saw a rerun of when he stopped Ghana with the handball. He danced with joy after being sent off.

He is a c u n t and a cheat.

Yeh, because he's a SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY of the highest order and as ****ed up as this country can be at times in general terms we as a "culture" will not tolerate this. Suarez is the thin end of a very nasty wedge........and don't get me started on his snidey attempts to maim his fellow professionals.

That'll be a NO by the way.

yes you are right that our culture (for the most part) will not tolerate racism; and that is a very good thing. however, as i have mentioned before, our culture does seem to tolerate calling wenger a paedophile and accusing van persie of being a rapist etc etc etc. imo, suarez is completely in the right to be confused as to why his racism is being challenged, whilst all these other forms of abuse are not.

as to his attempts to maim opponents, hes hardly on his own on that front is he?

yes you are right that our culture (for the most part) will not tolerate racism; and that is a very good thing. however, as i have mentioned before, our culture does seem to tolerate calling wenger a paedophile and accusing van persie of being a rapist etc etc etc. imo, suarez is completely in the right to be confused as to why his racism is being challenged, whilst all these other forms of abuse are not.

as to his attempts to maim opponents, hes hardly on his own on that front is he?

He isnt alone in each one as singular categories but the guy has ALL of them. He does it ALL

insulting with racist remarks
cheating
Biting
Dirty challenges

everything scummy in a footballer he has it all

in that he is alone...the only other guy that i can think might have it is joey barton...but even he doesnt cheat that much or bite people

africanspurs,

i do agree with you that he does seem to perform a number of and all types of misdemeanors, but this is professional football. The way i see it there are no angels. and 100% of players are cheats, and almost all of them have it in them to harm opponents.

if we start restricting the pool of players we buy on the basis of morality, i don't think we will ever be able to be successful on the pitch (although it would be admirable).

africanspurs,

i do agree with you that he does seem to perform a number of and all types of misdemeanors, but this is professional football. The way i see it there are no angels. and 100% of players are cheats, and almost all of them have it in them to harm opponents.

if we start restricting the pool of players we buy on the basis of morality, i don't think we will ever be able to be successful on the pitch (although it would be admirable).

i see your point and in general principle i agree, i dont think we should necessarily restrict people that commit offenses but i dont want someone like him thats habitually getting into all sorts of **** playing for my team

what would you say your threshold is?

i'm not really sure to be honest.

It really is a moral dilemma. But all i know for sure is that i love spurs and all i want for us is the be successful. and therefore i want suarez as he'll help us to be a success.

i'm not really sure to be honest.

It really is a moral dilemma. But all i know for sure is that i love spurs and all i want for us is the be successful. and therefore i want suarez as he'll help us to be a success.

true, but its clearer for me though

I can understand perhaps why some people wouldn't want him but personally I disagree and expect the majority of Spurs fans would too (not that there's ever a chance of us signing him, only really Madrid, Barca and Bayern could get him now IMO).

At the end of the day as fans many of us chant/have chanted extremely disrespectful stuff to opposition and in many cases (not just Spurs BTW, fans of all clubs) taken it too far. Likewise many footballers have done bad things, I mean you've got someone like Giggs who SHAGGED HIS BROTHER'S WIFE FOR EIGHT (8) YEARS, Terry who seemingly IS an actual racist and plenty of other examples, lots of footballers do very bad things it's just the way it is due to their spare time and egos. Has Suarez ever done anything bad away from the pitch? Cos I don't think it's fair to lambast him for biting someone (stupid as that was) when some footballers do things just as bad, if not worse off the pitch and I bet we'd take them if they had his quality. Also the handball against Ghana was blown out of proportion, it was last-minute and he's obviously an incredibly determined player so would do anything to help his team progress. Celebration was excessive for me but you can't despise someone off the back of something minuscule like that.

No idea on the racial abuse thing, reading that FA document at the time it seemed like both were being petulant pricks as you would expect in a game between those two, but both took it too far. Haven't read it back since mind you.

Anyway my overall summation is yes, I absolutely would take him at Tottenham if we had the chance (which sadly we wasted three years ago!!!). He's a world class footballer, something we lack now.

World class player no doubt about it but you just know he will self destruct at some point. What good is he to you if he misses 15 games a season?

Back