• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Round of 16 - Fixtures in 1st Post

Re: Hugo Lloris

I don't think France play with such a high line though, so no doubt he doesn't need to come charging out

A keeper I like at the world cup is Colombia's David Ospina. Lyon were linked with him as a Hugo replacement but I guess they couldn't afford it, he seems to be due a move to a bigger club soon so if Hugo were to go(hope not) then he could be an option.

France haven't really been tested defensively at all, it is a good point though. Hugo seems pretty conservative compared to Manuel Neuer, that guy was crazy the other night.

Had to be with the tremendously slow Mertesacker and positionally suspect Boateng as his centre backs and full backs that are just as comfortable at centre back and not particularly quick (at least until Lahm was shifted back).

Germany never looked this shaky and open in their earlier matches with Hummels at the back, despite him being considerably slower than Boateng.

Had it been Hugo behind that back 4 I'm sure he would have been as active as Neuer.

I didn't notice, but I haven't watched all the games.

You talking about through balls or coming out for crosses?

If through balls could it be just a coincidence as France have been playing really well and they have been playing with fairly quick centre backs?

I think he is letting the CB's do the work for him, which was kind of my point. Some people like to paint Hugo as the uncontrolled keeper who always runs out of his box at every opportunity.

The way France plays highlights that he s following orders and playing to the style of the team.

I think he is letting the CB's do the work for him, which was kind of my point. Some people like to paint Hugo as the uncontrolled keeper who always runs out of his box at every opportunity.

The way France plays highlights that he s following orders and playing to the style of the team.

Agreed.

Not sure if it was always by orders and the preferred style of play with us though (or Neuer's display for Germany), perhaps more a case of putting out fires where there were flames rather than the actual plan of defence.

Back