• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup QF - Netherlands vs Costa Rica

I might be harsh here, but I think Netherlands are being a bit overrated.

They crushed what turned out to be a rather lacking Spain after some key moments of the match going their way and getting to counter attack as they love and are very good at. Then more or less scraping past Australia, beating Chile with a couple of late goals and then combining scraping and late goals with a dive to get past Mexico.

Now Costa Rica in the quarter finals, of course they will be solid favourites, but I don't think Costa Rica are without a chance and if Netherlands do go to the Semi-Final I don't think they will be favourites to win it.

Oh, and seeing as this is the first QF thread.

Am I right in thinking that the yellow card and suspension rules have been changed and that accumulated yellow cards won't get you a suspension after the quarter finals?

So if a player goes into the quarter finals without a yellow card already, or they served a ban in the round of 16, they can get a yellow card in their quarter final, semi final matches and still play the final (and get a yellow there too I suppose)?

Could lead to a lot more cynical fouls and perhaps nasty play in these games, no?

I thought it was just the slate gets wiped at this point, so if you got booked quarter and semi finals, you'd still miss the final. Could be wrong though, only heard it mentioned amongst the non-stop waffle of English commentary.

I might be harsh here, but I think Netherlands are being a bit overrated.

They crushed what turned out to be a rather lacking Spain after some key moments of the match going their way and getting to counter attack as they love and are very good at. Then more or less scraping past Australia, beating Chile with a couple of late goals and then combining scraping and late goals with a dive to get past Mexico.

Now Costa Rica in the quarter finals, of course they will be solid favourites, but I don't think Costa Rica are without a chance and if Netherlands do go to the Semi-Final I don't think they will be favourites to win it.

I have wondering (hoping[-o<) the same with France, who scored only after Honduras went down to 10 men, whilst they played a Switzerland side that had Arsene's finest CBs on hand to give their usual helpng hand. They then looked not too clever imo against Ecuador, even when Ecuador went down to 10 men (and had better chances imo).

Anyway, it is about getting the job done at this stage i suppose so given the heat and how that should have given Mexico the advantage, you actually have to give the Dutch a lot of credit.

Just hoping I don't have to do the same to France...[-o<

Wish Costa Rica will somehow overcome Netherlands. But just can't see them doing it. Looking at the way Costa Rica celebrated after beating Greece, can see them coming into this match already satisfied with their achievements. Just hope they will give their best against Netherlands.

Is Bryan Ruiz the best example of why you don't buy players off the back of good World Cup performances. He was average for Fulham but has looked very good for Costa Rica.

Costa Rica v Netherlands is like a 3rd tier team playing a PL team. As long as it's scoreless it's interesting imv.

I've been watching Big Brother, have I missed much?

Back