• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wanted Bony for 2 years now. I think the ship gas sailed though sadly.

I think he's going to be this window's Andy Carroll.

I don't mean that he's anywhere near as crap as Carroll (I think he's a decent player), but that some desperate team (possibly Liverpool again) are going to spend £30m+ on him and he won't do well in a bigger pond.

I think he's going to be this window's Andy Carroll.

I don't mean that he's anywhere near as crap as Carroll (I think he's a decent player), but that some desperate team (possibly Liverpool again) are going to spend £30m+ on him and he won't do well in a bigger pond.

Do you think Carroll is crap?

I think he's an effective lower prem/upper championship player. I don't think he's quite as good as say Heskey or Crouch were

I agree. When fit (if ever) he will score a few goals and throw himself around a bit but he was never worth even half of what Liverpool paid for him. Its still one of the most baffling price tags in prem history.

interesting article, and I love the idea, but if some of the big guns want him it's a waste of time us and Liverpool being interested

He scores most of his goals from crosses,pull backs and corners..........our weaknessess are getting to the by-line,crossing the ball and corners........perhaps we should sign Moreneo,Dyer and Routledge as well.....other wise it be pointless....

Scoring from crosses huh. ;) But yeah, not sure how we'd be too enticing for him seeing as how he'd be 'starved of service' here.

I can't see him leaving for less than 30 mill, and at that price is say no thanks. Like Mumorn said, we've missed the boat. Where the heck were we when he left Vitesse.

I think he's an effective lower prem/upper championship player. I don't think he's quite as good as say Heskey or Crouch were

If you play to Carroll's strengths then he is an absolute nightmare for defences to deal with. He wouldn't be effective for a team that plays in the style that our manager wants to play, but is the perfect Allardyce player.

If you play to Carroll's strengths then he is an absolute nightmare for defences to deal with. He wouldn't be effective for a team that plays in the style that our manager wants to play, but is the perfect Allardyce player.

The problem is that you can only rally play to Carroll's strengths when he's fully fit. He gets injured a lot, so far in his career at least. And he takes a long time to get back to full fitness when he returns for whatever reasons. I think this is fairly well illustrated by his total of 17 PL goals since signing for Liverpool almost 4 years ago. Might very well be the perfect Allardyce player when fit, but so far not a patch on the overall impact Kevin Davies had for Allardyce for example.

Poch used Lambert almost all of the time and with considerable success. Not a like for like copy, but certainly similarities between him and Carroll.

I can't see him leaving for less than 30 mill, and at that price is say no thanks. Like Mumorn said, we've missed the boat. Where the heck were we when he left Vitesse.

Agreed that he will most likely be too expensive.

The summer he left Vitesse we signed Roberto Soldado.

We need either him or Benteke because they will get the goals that Poch needs to buy results and give him the time he needs to implement his style.

Agreed that he will most likely be too expensive.

The summer he left Vitesse we signed Roberto Soldado.

I know. Bony made more sense though, financially and suitability to the demands of the PL. We failed to get Benteke that summer, Bony was a better alternative than going for Soldado instead. Again, the Spurs transfer policy is hard to fathom out.

We need either him or Benteke because they will get the goals that Poch needs to buy results and give him the time he needs to implement his style.

Benteke is way over-rated. With his back to goal he's dire. The last CF who we signed who was equally awful with his back to goal and could only play when running in on it was Darren Bent - look how that turned out

I dont think we need panic buys. Given where we are at approaching the half way stage, we'll finish at worst say 10th as we have half a team of decent players (Lloris, walker, Verts, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Kane) plus others who are underperforming but should be able to do better (Soldado, Lamela) and enough adequate supporting acts (Rose, Dier, Davies, Mason, Lennon, Chadli etc).

We just need to offload the rubbish (Chiriches, Kaboul, Naughton, Paulinho, Dembele, Capoue, Stambouli, Ade) and bring in players who Poch wants for the longer-term. We'd had some lucky results which have bought Poch the time already

Last edited:
If Soldado had put in Bony's first half performance he would have been ripped to shreds.

Based in today, Bony is nothing special. Looks clumsy and slow. As a punt, maybe. Anything over 15 million is robbery.

If Soldado had put in Bony's first half performance he would have been ripped to shreds.

Based in today, Bony is nothing special. Looks clumsy and slow. As a punt, maybe. Anything over 15 million is robbery.

Agree with some of that - Soldado would have been lambasted for missing chances.

We need to find the next Bony ie someone from a small league who we can get for £8m - £10m. Swansea will want £20m for him simply because they're a PL team - nothing wrong with them asking for that but doesnt mean to say we should pay it

Has 20 goals for the year to be fair ..

I don't think he's what our team needs (other than goals), an in form Lukaku for me would be the ideal player.

Has 20 goals for the year to be fair ..

I don't think he's what our team needs (other than goals), an in form Lukaku for me would be the ideal player.

It's the same reason Siggy picks up a lot of assists all of a sudden. They play every match and the game is built around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back