• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wifi Boosters - Any Good ??

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
My wifi signal keeps dropping out in my flat, makes watching anything streamed from my laptop a bit of a mre, does anybody know about these wifi boosters, do they work, will they help, etc ???

I set up one on work so there was a wifi signal in the upstairs office. Pretty simple to set up

Mark, before you spend any money I would suggest that you scan the wifi signals that you can pick up in your flat. I downloaded an app for my phone which showed which channel the wifi that I could receive in my house was on. Turned out me and about three of my neighbours were all on the same range and were interfering with each other. I changed channels (by logging into the router) and the problem disappeared.

Mark, before you spend any money I would suggest that you scan the wifi signals that you can pick up in your flat. I downloaded an app for my phone which showed which channel the wifi that I could receive in my house was on. Turned out me and about three of my neighbours were all on the same range and were interfering with each other. I changed channels (by logging into the router) and the problem disappeared.

Which app is that please Milo ????

Which app is that please Milo ????
Wifi manager on Android. It has the option to display available WiFi connection graphically. There are 12 available channels and it'll show you who is using what. If you have a number of strong signals on the same channels they can interfere with each other.

Wifi manager on Android. It has the option to display available WiFi connection graphically. There are 12 available channels and it'll show you who is using what. If you have a number of strong signals on the same channels they can interfere with each other.

Awesome Ill give it a go later tonight, thanks

Is that the radar function ???

Awesome realised I was sharing a channel with loads of others, have gone to a channel that nobody appears to be using around me so I've switched to that lets see how that pans out

3718173554.png

Awesome realised I was sharing a channel with loads of others, have gone to a channel that nobody appears to be using around me so I've switched to that lets see how that pans out

3718173554.png

That is good news. I had the same problem and it improved a lot after I switched channels. I suspect that most routers come pre-set to the same channels.

I'll put my request in here as its related a little

About 12 months back I purchased these for my Nephew for his gaming computer

TP-Link TL-PA251KIT AV200

Now my brother and family have nearly completed the extension there is no wi-fi in the loft room, I could purchase these wired plugs again but my niece uses more wifi, so can I purchase wi-fi plugs similar to what they already have. Will they link? Wired + Wi-fi plugs would be even better.

Thanks in advance if you can help in any way.

Back