• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Why science isn't our holy grail

Thanks. I started this thread on another forum as well, and all the scientist nerds got so heated in their hate for what I had to say they locked the fudging thread! Hahaha. And they say atheists aren't easily offended. :p

Hahah classic, I'm an atheist but really enjoyed it, made me chuckle in places

Hahah classic, I'm an atheist but really enjoyed it, made me chuckle in places

That's brilliant! Thanks, Grays. Means a lot to me that someone likes my crazy ramblings. Most people seem to hate them and get scared by them or think I've had too much drugs. I'm just trying to make people aware of how much we confine ourselves to the words we use, and how much we believe in them.

I wrote a little article on why we shouldn't think only science is the way forward. I know there's a few science bros on here, so would love to hear their take. :)

https://theconfessionsofasinner.blogspot.com/2023/08/how-to-disable-maya-babylon-mega.html?m=1
You say it would be great if everyone switched their decision making system to "Will this decision be for the good of the whole, all creatures on planet earth, and for planet earth herself?"

I agree, that would be way better and lovely, but it won't happen. A lot of people are imperfect, greedy, scared, assholes.

You say it would be great if everyone switched their decision making system to "Will this decision be for the good of the whole, all creatures on planet earth, and for planet earth herself?"

I agree, that would be way better and lovely, but it won't happen. A lot of people are imperfect, greedy, scared, assholes.

Someone's just going to have to lead by example, I guess! ♥️

Thanks. I started this thread on another forum as well, and all the scientist nerds got so heated in their hate for what I had to say they locked the fudging thread! Hahaha. And they say atheists aren't easily offended. :p
That's a good read.

I'm struggling to see why anyone would be offended by it though?

Btw, You're nearly there @Daisuk, you just have a few 'us and them' barriers to get over. Some of that will be acceptance, some will be manoeuvring.

That's a good read.

I'm struggling to see why anyone would be offended by it though?

Btw, You're nearly there @Daisuk, you just have a few 'us and them' barriers to get over. Some of that will be acceptance, some will be manoeuvring.

Thanks, Ricky! You see me. I appreciate that a lot. It means the world to me that some do. :) you'd be surprised! Wish I could show you, but it's been closed down. People got so offended by some pot smoking hippie wanting to challenge their stiff little world view. Oh well. As you say. This isn't a competition. We'll all get it eventually. :) hope you have a good one, Ricky!

The scientific position is of agnosticism rather than atheism.

And there is a fundamentally contradiction when using words to debunk the use of words.

Can I ask you then is current climate change a bad thing for the earth and so on? Surely it benefits communities of plants and animals living in warm and wetter conditions, whilst those used to cold and dry suffer. How do you hold all this in your hands and weight it up?

Science is telling us earth ‘s oceans and atmosphere is warming up and the impacts this will have. But it is theemotional engagement with these potential impact of continuing changes that is what drives policy.

The scientific position is of agnosticism rather than atheism.

And there is a fundamentally contradiction when using words to debunk the use of words.

Can I ask you then is current climate change a bad thing for the earth and so on? Surely it benefits communities of plants and animals living in warm and wetter conditions, whilst those used to cold and dry suffer. How do you hold all this in your hands and weight it up?

Science is telling us earth ‘s oceans and atmosphere is warming up and the impacts this will have. But it is theemotional engagement with these potential impact of continuing changes that is what drives policy.

It's not about "debunking" anything though (then you're confining yourself to the word again). It's all about how we contextualize words inside our heads. A sentence does not have to be a scientific statement or some banal statement of a fact to be true. We limit ourselves if we think we can't use words to think beyond the confines of words.

From my point of view, climate change is just as much an illusion as everything else. That is to say, it's definitely real, but there's nothing we can really do to stop it. Evolution is happening all by itself. We're just tiny little humans that don't know brick. Well, we know a little bit, but ultimately we're just not in control of our destiny. Everything is scripted. The universe is a Hologram, and we are just manifestations of the algorithm behind the universe.

But what is going on now behind the scenes now is ultimately what will make us do the necessary changes to get Mother Earth back into balance. It happens by itself. The climate denying idiots will just have to shut up, and let a new set of leaders and grownups take responsibility. :)

Back