• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

why do people hesitate

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
You noticed now how people hesitate a lot when they speak especailly the younger generations, they do this thing that i first noticed hugh grant doing where they stop or delibrately stumble through a sentance and put in urm and urg. I think they think it is endearing or something but it just makes me want to punch them in the fudging mouth and drag them over to the side of the road and crack their fudging heads on the curbs.

Wish people could just talk normally, and if your a bloke and you got no confidence with the sluts(women) go to a gym don't do this faggy thing of pretend stuttering. It is ruinning movies and t.v. shows. I literally can not stand it when i have teenagers in the back of the cab talking. At one point today i thought of just driving straight into the harbour, obviously i would have died but i would not have minded if meant the tacos in the back were dead to.

Really do not understand the way people speak these days the use the word "like" far to much as well. Im not the brightest granted but people use the word like when it is not needed. Gets right on my fudging goat.

Im going to take all my clothes off and start on the scotch.

You noticed now how people hesitate a lot when they speak especailly the younger generations, they do this thing that i first noticed hugh grant doing where they stop or delibrately stumble through a sentance and put in urm and urg. I think they think it is endearing or something but it just makes me want to punch them in the fudging mouth and drag them over to the side of the road and crack their fudging heads on the curbs.

Wish people could just talk normally, and if your a bloke and you got no confidence with the sluts(women) go to a gym don't do this faggy thing of pretend stuttering. It is ruinning movies and t.v. shows. I literally can not stand it when i have teenagers in the back of the cab talking. At one point today i thought of just driving straight into the harbour, obviously i would have died but i would not have minded if meant the tacos in the back were dead to.

Really do not understand the way people speak these days the use the word "like" far to much as well. Im not the brightest granted but people use the word like when it is not needed. Gets right on my fudging goat.

Start on it?

brick me, I don't want to be around when you finish on it.

Just dont* - I hate iPhones that dictate a choice of language by correcting words that you didn't mis-spell

Hah, fudging kids nowadays think they invented everything, well let me tell you this, I had a stutter and went to speech therapy back in the days when England were still unbeaten world champions and before Slim Jim Baxter sat on the ball.

:ross:

I didn't have a look at the GG awards this year but if you didn't win the award for randomisation, there is something very wrong with this board.

I stutter occasionly and if it helps to know, I actually want to punch myself in the face when I do it, it's definitely not a Hugh Grant attempt it's just really fudging annoying.

:ross:

I didn't have a look at the GG awards this year but if you didn't win the award for randomisation, there is something very wrong with this board.
Not sure about that one, but I'm pretty sure he cleaned up with "Most likely to be a serial killer".

I stutter occasionly and if it helps to know, I actually want to punch myself in the face when I do it, it's definitely not a Hugh Grant attempt it's just really fudging annoying.

Yeah sometimes I repeatedly say the first word of the sentence (unwillingly I might add) due to nervousness when I'm put into a odd situation, it feels as if I need to chew out the 'well, well, well' bit before I can finish, but, thankfully this has gotten much better now due to fact I've slowly become a confident bastard in those situations so, it doesn't effect me so much anymore. Hate people who put that stuff on or act like they're full of sugar to get attention. Bastards.

Right, how is **** (a rooster) censored when 'fudge' isn't? Apologies for the language.

Last edited:

Chic, You're an Englishman- use a proper word. Don't succumb to the Americanisms and the internet's own standards. 'faggy' is just a crap word to explain anything or to quantify how much of an idiot/dingdong someone is.

I agree with you about the word 'like' though, gets on my bloody wick. It shouldn't really, as I used to do but, I've had to stop my self from doing it. Basically is another one, I use it far too much and it irritates me.

I just pi55ed myself out loud at work. Brilliant sir.

Mate

You increasingly make me think you might well be Paul Whicker The Tall Vicar from the old Viz Comic. Best frame ever was when a kid hits him with a ball, and the next thing, Whicker has punched his teeth out whilst saying "Hitteth ye not thine Vicar with a football lest he smite thee a might blow that woud knock the gonad*s off an elephant!"

Anyway...

Chic, You're an Englishman- use a proper word. Don't succumb to the Americanisms and the internet's own standards. 'faggy' is just a crap word to explain anything or to quantify how much of an idiot/dingdong someone is.

I agree with you about the word 'like' though, gets on my bloody wick. It shouldn't really, as I used to do but, I've had to stop my self from doing it. Basically is another one, I use it far too much and it irritates me.

Basically, literally and actually, all words sloppilly dropped in to sentences that do nothing to enhance them, people love saying basically when they're trying to summarise, they actually #-o mean briefly.

I know kids use like instead of about when talking (I rip the tinkle out of my kids for it) but I've seen people on this very board type it, I'm embarrassed for them.

Basically, literally and actually, all words sloppilly dropped in to sentences that do nothing to enhance them, people love saying basically when they're trying to summarise, they actually #-o mean briefly.

I know kids use like instead of about when talking (I rip the tinkle out of my kids for it) but I've seen people on this very board type it, I'm embarrassed for them.

Like, I agree with this, like, you're so right

Like, like, like, like, like

but then you get numpties such as Jamie Oliver who use the word "literally" at least a dozen times in every tv appearance he makes. Any pop/rock/rap star when interviews intersperses "like" and "umm" in every sentence. The old saying of Monkey See Monkey Does is appropriate here, if kids hear or see this as commonplace then it becomes a part of everyday vocabulary, no matter how abhorrent it is.

As an aside my daughter's (12) new favourite word is "technically", as in "I asked you to clean your room", response being "well, technically you asked me to go upstairs and make sure I had put my washing away, so technically I didn't have to clean my room" etc etc

Like, I agree with this, like, you're so right

Like, like, like, like, like
I was thinking more along the lines of like instead of about. An example being "Will you pick me up at like six o'clock" "Well anything that ends in o'clock is like six o'clock or anything that has a six in it is like six o'clock, so what time do you want me to pick you up?"

I was thinking more along the lines of like instead of about. An example being "Will you pick me up at like six o'clock" "Well anything that ends in o'clock is like six o'clock or anything that has a six in it is like six o'clock, so what time do you want me to pick you up?"

Also when they use "like" as a substitute for "I said"

I was like "Hi" and she was like "Who are you looking at?" so I was like "Don't give me evils" and she was like "Get out of my grill..."

...Repeat to fade

Also when they use "like" as a substitute for "I said"

I was like "Hi" and she was like "Who are you looking at?" so I was like "Don't give me evils" and she was like "Get out of my grill..."

...Repeat to fade

Some people make me dizzy because they always turn around to reply.

He said he weren't paying me so I turned around and said you what? So he said he weren't paying me so I turned around and said you better be etc.

Back