• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would we miss the most ?

Player that would be missed the most

• Modric

Votes: 60 40.3%
  • Van Der Vaart

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Bale

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • Parker

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Adebayor

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • BAE

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Friedel

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Other....please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok. I think Modric is better than Joe Allen. And would be a big loss. Why don't Chelsea Man U et al just buy Allen and save themselves 25 million (although I think it'd take more than that to get Modric)?

I kind of understand his point.. Watching Swansea, have seen them quite a few times this season and it does look like Allen does everything Modric does, just not quite as well...

I'm not quite sure there is a 25 million difference there.. but football economics go screwy when you get to the top teams...

Ok. I think Modric is better than Joe Allen. And would be a big loss. Why don't Chelsea Man U et al just buy Allen and save themselves 25 million (although I think it'd take more than that to get Modric)?

football clubs make weird decisions. Chelsea bought Torres for 50 mill instead of lets say Demba Ba for virtually nothing. Did Man U really need to spend 32 mill on Berbatov, has he really justified that pricetag? The big clubs like to cherry pick the big names without thinking properly whether the respective players are actually right for what they need. If i were the Man U or Chelsea chairman there is no way i would sanction a 30 mill plus bid for Modric. There are always cheaper and in most cases just as good options out there.

Im not saying we should sell Modric. If we can afford to keep him we should do just that. We are a club building year by year and to sell one of our better players to a big rival simply sends out the wrong message. However, i also think that if we worked more on our passing and ball retention game where all the players were told and taught to be a calmer and intelligent in possession, then if at times when Modric was missing for whatever reason (rested or injured) then we would cope without him. Its a failure on the part of the management team that we seem to be reliant on one player to keep the ball moving in our midfield.

a team like Swansea dont have 40 mill Modric in their team but they outpass much bigger teams than them. It shows it can be done.

if anything Chelsea need to replace Frank Lampard....Sigurdsson is a great option, but im sure Chelsea wont be interested, they would rather go for a 'bigger' name and waste tens of millions more than it would take to bring in Sigurdsson. That shows the level of brains at the top clubs:-s

if anything Chelsea need to replace Frank Lampard....Sigurdsson is a great option, but im sure Chelsea wont be interested, they would rather go for a 'bigger' name and waste tens of millions more than it would take to bring in Sigurdsson. That shows the level of brains at the top clubs:-s

I think AVB wanted to buy Modirc rather than a replacement for Fat Frank as he wanted to change the playing style. Whether they need a direct Lampard replacement will depend on whoever gets the job.

With regards your other post, I have to say that Berbatov in a spurs shirt was absolutely sublime. There werent many plaayers on the market like him and its not about what he is really worth. Fergie identified him as the player he needed and then had to pay whatever price levy demanded to sanction the move. Whether he went on to justify the price tag or not is a bit irrelevant. It certainly butchered our next season.

To be fair Swansea may well out pass most teams in the league. BUT they are in the bottom half??!! That suggests that there is more to winning matches than retaining possesion (especially in deep areas like Swansea). And its for this reason that i dont really see the swansea hype. Bottom half pl team in the first season. I certainly wouldn't be willing to replace Modirc for Joe Allen and a couple of quid. - a player in his first PL season in a team amongst the worst 50%. modric has performed at a variety of levels and pulls the string for the 3rd/4th/5th best team in the country. Would be a hell of a gamble.

Swansea also have more possesion because they dont thrust at the opponents; tippy tappy for hours with limited goal threat. If they tried to cross the ball, take men on, increase the chances they create etc then their possesion would more than likely be a lot less.

oh there is so much football snobbery out there. Ok then, instead of Joe Allen, id recommend Josip Alenic curently plying his trade in Croatia. Great player

That's not as easy as you think, weve been trying to do that for the past 15 years. We got a taste of it with Palacios and a glimpse of it with Sandro but Parker is that man we have missed.

I actually chose Friedel, and I'll tell you why. Not only do we have an experienced, consistent and top goalkeeper but he has given the 4 in front of him bags of confidence, and Parker coming in has given the back 4 confidence too as they know they have that sure thing in front of them and behind. Due to this it takes the pressure off the midfield to play knowing if they have backs to the wall moments they have the confidence to deal with it. The midfield then with little stress can play with the freedom to the front players, the front players then also dont have the pressure of knowing that they need to score 3/4 every game to win. I think Brad is the most important and Parker being a very very close 2nd. It's all to do with trust.

52 so far have voted for Modric even though last season we won more games without him playing. It's baffling.

thinking and understanding aren't everyones forte.

I think AVB wanted to buy Modirc rather than a replacement for Fat Frank as he wanted to change the playing style. Whether they need a direct Lampard replacement will depend on whoever gets the job.

With regards your other post, I have to say that Berbatov in a spurs shirt was absolutely sublime. There werent many plaayers on the market like him and its not about what he is really worth. Fergie identified him as the player he needed and then had to pay whatever price levy demanded to sanction the move. Whether he went on to justify the price tag or not is a bit irrelevant. It certainly butchered our next season.

To be fair Swansea may well out pass most teams in the league. BUT they are in the bottom half??!! That suggests that there is more to winning matches than retaining possesion (especially in deep areas like Swansea). And its for this reason that i dont really see the swansea hype. Bottom half pl team in the first season. I certainly wouldn't be willing to replace Modirc for Joe Allen and a couple of quid. - a player in his first PL season in a team amongst the worst 50%. modric has performed at a variety of levels and pulls the string for the 3rd/4th/5th best team in the country. Would be a hell of a gamble.

Swansea also have more possesion because they dont thrust at the opponents; tippy tappy for hours with limited goal threat. If they tried to cross the ball, take men on, increase the chances they create etc then their possesion would more than likely be a lot less.

they are Swansea, newly promoted, small club, very low budget, a squad of players with young guys, loanees and rejects from other clubs. what do you really expect from their first season in the Prem??:)

they are Swansea, newly promoted, small club, very low budget, a squad of players with young guys, loanees and rejects from other clubs. what do you really expect from their first season in the Prem??:)

I didnt expect anything as i didnt know anything about them and didnt really give a monkeys as im a spurs fan.

All im saying is that i wouldn't see Joe Allen a adequate replacement for Modric. But thats because i rate modirc so highly as much as underrating Allen. Is that ok? Or a bit too snobby?

He just did a pass very similar.

im pretty sure he did the same against us too, it was his great ball that releases Rangel down the right and Rangel whipped the ball into the area and Swansea scored

Back