• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who is the best player we have sold?

Who is the best player we have sold?

• Bale

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Berbatov

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Carrick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gascoigne

• Modric

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Jennings

• Walker

• Sheringham

• Keane

• Total voters
Rumour at the time was Dundee Utd wouldn't sell him to Rangers so he did a year down South before heading to Ibrox.
I'd also add Chris Waddle to the list, superb player and was gutted when he left for Marseille.

That is how it happened, he and his wife wanted to stay in Scotland but Dundee would not sell him to Rangers so the season here was always going to be the only one.

As for the best player we sold it has to be Hoddle, Greaves was also a bad move but it was the only way we could get Peters.( swap deal for those who do not know).

I loved Greaves and was gutted when the deal went through, i was a S/T holder and at that time and i was working in Manchester. Jimmys first game for the Spam was at Maine road against City and i decided rather then travel to Spurs to see Peters first game i would go and see my first hero Jimmy. Needless to say Jimmy scored twice in a 5-1 win on a pitch that resembled a ploughed field.

Agree about Gough, best centreback we've had but has to be Modric, would have been Gascoigne if not for his injury and I loved Waddle.

That is how it happened, he and his wife wanted to stay in Scotland but Dundee would not sell him to Rangers so the season here was always going to be the only one.

As for the best player we sold it has to be Hoddle, Greaves was also a bad move but it was the only way we could get Peters.( swap deal for those who do not know).

I loved Greaves and was gutted when the deal went through, i was a S/T holder and at that time and i was working in Manchester. Jimmys first game for the Spam was at Maine road against City and i decided rather then travel to Spurs to see Peters first game i would go and see my first hero Jimmy. Needless to say Jimmy scored twice in a 5-1 win on a pitch that resembled a ploughed field.

It was common knowledge up here, Jim McLean at utd made a fool of himself saying no way would he sell gough to rangers, gough wanted rangers so a deal was done to appease everyone and save mcleans face.
McLean was an odious man.

Tough to decide between Jennings, Hoddle, Gazza, Modrich and Bale.

They all dazzled, but I'll plump for Gazza for the simple reason he was the most thrilling on the ball. Watching him slalom through packed defences before bulging the net was intoxicating stuff.

A player larger than life if ever there was one.

Back