• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who is our "half-term" player of the season?

Who has been our best player so far?

• Total voters

Rossi22

Pedro Mendes
Ok so technically we're just past half-term having played 20 games but who do you think has been our best performer so far this season?

For me I would say Sandro, he's played all 20 league games so far and has been consistently beasting in midfield =P~

Tough choice.

I think Vertonghen, Bale and Hugo have all shone

But then you could put cases forward for Defoe, Lennon and Sandro

But how many of these players have performed consistently?

Probably not Bale, and I bet he'll get a dozen votes based on his last 2 performances

I think the entire squad has performed above expectations.

Credit should be given to the players who have come-in for the injured Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto and Parker and achieved a Top Three League place going into 2013.

But if I had to single one player out, it would be Jermain Defoe.

Personally, im going to give it to Lloris. I think he has brought more than performances - for the record if it is based on purely performance i would say Sandro. Lloris has brought much needed authority, calmness and consistency to the defence.

I'd say Vertonghen. He looks like he will be a class long-term solution at CB and he is the reason we haven't missed BAE.

Honourable mentions:

Dembele: how many have we lost with him on the pitch?

Sandro: for doing what so many of us expected.

Defoe: for playing so much above expectations as lone striker.

Ade: for showing his best position is loan striker.

Sandro for me. Has been what we've needed for years, someone to break up the play and be a rock in the midfield. If he only improved his passing he could be one of the best in the world in that position.

Personally, im going to give it to Lloris. I think he has brought more than performances - for the record if it is based on purely performance i would say Sandro. Lloris has brought much needed authority, calmness and consistency to the defence.

Ahem. Maybe in recent games, but you seem to have conveniently forgotten some of his bloopers earlier in the season. Seems there's such a desire among some Spurs fans to have a superstar goalie at last, they're prepared to gloss over all manner of faults. I like Lloris, especially the way he is increasingly commanding his area, very promising, and I have no doubt he will grow and grow but to cast aside so many of his earlier failings (flapping at crosses, punching back into the path of opposition attackers when a catch would have been easier, poor distribution etc) to make him our player of the season so far is frankly absurd and an insult to Friedel who has done so well for us since he came.

Sandro. Has shown unrelentingly high BEAST standards over the course of those 20 games - the most consistent of all our players.

The highlight for me was, even in a ultimately losing cause, how he completely and utterly shackled Fellaini at Goodison Park... shut him down completely.

On the basis I'm not voting for who has been our best player so far (Bale obviously) but for our player of the season so far, taking into account attitude, professionalism, effort and results ill have to go with Defoe. He's gone from someone on the fringes, who many thought could not perform in this team on his own to one of the best strikers in the league, he has clearly worked hard on his game when at 30 yrs old and as someone who always provided a certain guarantee of goals he probably could have taken the easy option, kept his game as it is , requested a move to a lower premiership outfit and ended up scoring 10 goals in helping qpr or Sunderland stay up. He didn't and has been a vital cog in a top-4 team. Well done, sir!

So many have done well this season, however our best man is Gareth Bale by far.
Think we're expecting so much from him that he has to perform well above others to get same recognition.
Same as Ledley King had to back in the days.

I went for sandro, gut reaction told me him.

Been so impressed with him but special mention also goes to Lloris and naughton because i admire people who turn around poor form. Dempsey who i was against signing and thought was just awful absolutely awful and now i think he is alright and i have some respect for him, but it is sandro so far for me.

Walker and adebayor have a lot to do for me to stop hating them and as for gallas well.....

I think the entire squad has performed above expectations.

Credit should be given to the players who have come-in for the injured Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto and Parker and achieved a Top Three League place going into 2013.

But if I had to single one player out, it would be Jermain Defoe.

My thoughts as well.

Back