• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who invented the concept of drinking cows milk?

Hey what's that falling out of that chicken's ass? Niiiice, I'm gonna fry this brick, boil it, sautee it, it's gonna be great!

calcium innit!

but seriously, alot of stuff is a bit like the OP. I mean, who decided to make bread the first time? Ive got some wheat, if I crush it and mix it with some of those featus things from that birds arse, I can make muffins now! hurrah!

Dairy in general is not very good for you.

One of the greatest (nutritional) lies ever told in modern history

Maybe true, but I'm getting fed up with this healthy eating stuff. They once said that potato promotes cancer. Madness!

I'll drink it till I die:)

It serves as an excuse to post my favourite TV ad.

[video=youtube;ssACddCJlAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssACddCJlAA[/video]

Last edited:
To take it a step further, whose idea was it to take the milk and let it sit around with some animal's stomach lining for a few months, all the while letting mold grow inside just for kicks.

I dub thee cheese!

Whilst I partially agree about mill not being that good for you, I believe Pasteur has alot to answer for in this regard.

Pasteurisation (which may have been needed more in older days) kills all the friendly bacteria, but Homogenisation is the real death knell for (reasonably) healthy supermarket milk, it is used so milk is uniform (not fat layer at the top), yet has alot of links to digestive problems as it changes the structure of the fat molecules. Personally I go for skimmed organic milk if from a supermarket, our local organic shop sells non-homogenised so I go for half or full fat from there, but best is raw milk which we get sometimes from Goldhill Organic Farm in Godmanstone (near Dorchester).

Friendly bacteria (along with Calcium, Vitamin A and Sodium, plus a host more) is a chief reason breast is best, babies get reams of it from their mothers milk and this sets up their digestive system for their early years.

http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/raw_milk_health_benefits.html

I'm having oat milk at the moment with gluten free cereal for breakfast (some days, just a couple of apples other days if I skip breakfast before work) and am avoiding dairy as much as I can motivate myself to do, but a bowl of dorset cereals honey granola and raw milk is the shizzle for breakfast!

Whilst I partially agree about mill not being that good for you, I believe Pasteur has alot to answer for in this regard.

Pasteurisation (which may have been needed more in older days) kills all the friendly bacteria, but Homogenisation is the real death knell for (reasonably) healthy supermarket milk, it is used so milk is uniform (not fat layer at the top), yet has alot of links to digestive problems as it changes the structure of the fat molecules. Personally I go for skimmed organic milk if from a supermarket, our local organic shop sells non-homogenised so I go for half or full fat from there, but best is raw milk which we get sometimes from Goldhill Organic Farm in Godmanstone (near Dorchester).

Friendly bacteria (along with Calcium, Vitamin A and Sodium, plus a host more) is a chief reason breast is best, babies get reams of it from their mothers milk and this sets up their digestive system for their early years.

http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/raw_milk_health_benefits.html

I'm having oat milk at the moment with gluten free cereal for breakfast (some days, just a couple of apples other days if I skip breakfast before work) and am avoiding dairy as much as I can motivate myself to do, but a bowl of dorset cereals honey granola and raw milk is the shizzle for breakfast!

images

That's one hundred percent Cambodian, dawg.

Really simply to do with the fact that cows are amongst the biggest, yet also most docile creatures, and thus easy to control and plenty of produce. An ideal combination for earlier civilizations.

They are the Tom Huddlestones of the animal kingdom...

Did you also know that humans are the only species that drink the milk of another species? The only reason why dogs & cats do it is because we give them the milk ourselves.

Did you also know that humans are the only species that drink the milk of another species? The only reason why dogs & cats do it is because we give them the milk ourselves.

Might it be opposable thumbs? Think Cats and Dogs might struggle with the whole milking process!

Back