• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who else supports spurs?

par_18

Stephen Kelly
Hi all, my first post but i've long been a fan. Just read in another post that Spurs fans support Aberdeen when they are in Southern England and presumably vice versa. Are there any other special relationships between Spurs and other teams? I seem to recall we have are supported by one of the Dutch teams although cant recall the details. What about special relationships between other teams not including Spurs?

Hi all, my first post but i've long been a fan. Just read in another post that Spurs fans support Aberdeen when they are in Southern England and presumably vice versa. Are there any other special relationships between Spurs and other teams? I seem to recall we have are supported by one of the Dutch teams although cant recall the details. What about special relationships between other teams not including Spurs?

Ajax (The Super Juden)

Also because of our mutual run ins with Feyenoord.

lots of spurs fans used to (may still do) when spurs were playing away would go to fulham as its still in London if they were playing at home, The Jol connection as well so i think many Spurs are fond of Fulham

Due to some of the banter leading up to the 2005 Champions League final, there seems to be somewhat of a connection between us and Barcelona, but that might just be wishful thinking or my imagination. Also, don't quite a few Spurs-people follow Barnet?

Ah, ok. I seem to have picked up that a few spurs people follow them too, close to Enfield and all, but that's right, le arse reserves play at underhill.

We also have those connections to the south African team we got mabizela from, and sandro's club inter in Brazil.

San Jose Earthquakes in the MLS. Though I don't think their fans would be too helpful in a ruck.

We're big in Texas.

827.gif

Due to some of the banter leading up to the 2005 Champions League final, there seems to be somewhat of a connection between us and Barcelona, but that might just be wishful thinking or my imagination. Also, don't quite a few Spurs-people follow Barnet?

It was the 2006 final, and it was because Lee Barnard and Carles Puyol were good friends, they grew up together I think. Plus a lot of Barcelona fans were big admirers of Anthony Gardner (its why you could hear "Barca Barca Barca" when he scored in the League Cup semi (twice) this year, apparently 200 Barca fans flew over for the second leg) ;)

The Aberdeen link is I think mainly down to hooliganism I'm afraid. Not aware of any connection between the two clubs other than "firms", you can read about it in one blokes auto bio. I think Chelsea and Rangers have a similar link (stands to reason).

Liverpool, Arsenal and I think Man U are the "catholic" clubs in their cities so you will have Celtic fans who like them. Not so sure about Man U, but def Arsenal and Liverpool, have their share of Irish followers, Liverpool partly due to proximity to Ireland itself and Arsenal because they pick up a lot of ex-pats from Kilburn way etc. But these are more patterns of course you still get Irish Tottenham fans, protestant Liverpool fans etc.

I remember when I was a kid you used to get hats similar to the friendship scarves you get now at European games, one side Spurs the other a scots club. I never bought one but I always thought either Dundee United or Hearts would look good. Indeed, I think there were good links between Spurs and Hearts many moons ago but this was more down to players going between the clubs.

In a lot of ways I think Leyton Orient always have had decent links with us and since they are never getting into the Premiership, we are never getting relegated and we both now hate West Ham, I can see that becoming pretty firm.

I think our three official partnerships are with Internacional (Brazil), Sunsport United (SA), San Jose Earthquakes (USA).
http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com...ernacional-simon-dawkins-san-jose-earthquakes .

Only ones I know about are Ajax and Aberdeen really. Aberdeen started because of the fighting whereas Ajax is because of our communal dislike of Feyenoord and them also being referred to as 'Yids'. Would like to go to Feyenoord, that would be a mental trip though.

It was the 2006 final, and it was because Lee Barnard and Carles Puyol were good friends, they grew up together I think. Plus a lot of Barcelona fans were big admirers of Anthony Gardner (its why you could hear "Barca Barca Barca" when he scored in the League Cup semi (twice) this year, apparently 200 Barca fans flew over for the second leg) ;)

:D

The Aberdeen link is I think mainly down to hooliganism I'm afraid. Not aware of any connection between the two clubs other than "firms", you can read about it in one blokes auto bio. I think Chelsea and Rangers have a similar link (stands to reason).

Correct.

Liverpool, Arsenal and I think Man U are the "catholic" clubs in their cities so you will have Celtic fans who like them. Not so sure about Man U, but def Arsenal and Liverpool, have their share of Irish followers, Liverpool partly due to proximity to Ireland itself and Arsenal because they pick up a lot of ex-pats from Kilburn way etc. But these are more patterns of course you still get Irish Tottenham fans, protestant Liverpool fans etc.

It's a common myth that Liverpool are the catholic club. If anything, back in the day, Everton were more likely to be considered the catholic club.

In truth, though, there is no religious divide between them. Both clubs share the same roots - a Methodist (Protestant) boy's club.

It's true that loads of Irish people do support Liverpool. But that's because of the club's success over many years and because they often had good Irish players.

Liverpool isn't Glasgow or Belfast. Religion doesn't play a major part in choice of team there.

In a lot of ways I think Leyton Orient always have had decent links with us and since they are never getting into the Premiership, we are never getting relegated and we both now hate West Ham, I can see that becoming pretty firm.

Orient fans don't especially care for Spurs - other than when we loan them good, young players.

I think our three official partnerships are with Internacional (Brazil), Sunsport United (SA), San Jose Earthquakes (USA).
http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com...ernacional-simon-dawkins-san-jose-earthquakes .

It's Supersport!

We also have a partnership with South China FC in Hong Kong and a coaching partnership with a club in Australia (Perth?), if memory serves.

Last edited:
Back