• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who do we miss more...

If we had kept all our star players we would have been lining up like this

===================Lloris======================
Walker=======Kaboul========Vertonghen=======BAE==
============Carrick=======Modric================
Lennon=============VDV===================Bale==
=================Berbatov======================

So much technique in that team its unbelievable. What we have right now is a serious lack of footballing technique in the team apart from dembele.

Neither, if we win today we'll be sitting in 4th or 5th (depending on Everton's result), where did we finish last season with them in the team?

what with signing Dembele i think we miss Rafa more as he is filling the Modric gap quite nicely whereas Dempsey & Sigurdsson are yet to step up and replace VdV's contribution

I think Dembele has more or else helped us forget Modric. But we still lacks the VDV type player who can get us 10-15 league goals a season. Just can't see Sigurdson or Dempsey getting us more than 5 league goals. In fact, will be very surprised if Sigurdson score a league goal at all this season. He looks very clumsy in front of goal.

Well, Dempsey has 2 so far, so he's almost halfway to your target after less than a quarter of the season, and he's not an ever-present. if i was a betting man i'd take you up on that.

Sigurdsson got 7 in 19 iirc in a mid-table side last year, so he clearly knows where the goal is. he's obviously taking a while to settle in, and not playing regularly won't help in that respect.

Van der Vaart for me - top class player whose cretiivity and drive in the final third has been sorely missed this season

An experienced 'winner', capable of a match-winning moment of brilliance, much like Berbatov and Ginola were.

Back