• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which three countries being eliminated at the group stages would benefit Spurs the most ?

Just been listening to Darren Bent on Talksport ( I know I shouldn't) and he said Son will be disappointed that South Korea are coming home after two games.
Surely not ?
Just checked the table and if they win they go onto four points and then it could come down to goal difference as long as Ghana don't win or is it head to head before goal difference ?

Just been listening to Darren Bent on Talksport ( I know I shouldn't) and he said Son will be disappointed that South Korea are coming home after two games.
Surely not ?
Just checked the table and if they win they go onto four points and then it could come down to goal difference as long as Ghana don't win or is it head to head before goal difference ?

Goal Difference
Goals Scored
Head to Head Goal Difference
Head to Head Goals Scored

If you only play each other once, how can these two be different?

Good point. Heard it mentioned early on as being the order, with fair play being the last option before drawing lots, but didn't give it any thought. I just looked on the FIFA website and step 4 is simply head to head results. I suppose if 3 teams were tied, then you could split out the head to heads into GD and GS, but doubt that is very likely and I certainly don't have the inclination to think about how it would work.

I guess as Wales weren't on anyone's list as preferred early exit then I'm presuming nobody is that bothered by Davies injury.
No idea what it was but hopefully he will be fit for PL resumption.

Apart from you( Gutter Boy) , nobody else had Denmark and absolutely nobody had Wales so I'm assuming Holberg and especially Davies not particularly important to people.
Neither had a good world cup , particularly Holbjerg.

Last edited:
Seems most people wanted Argentina, Croatia and England out.
We only got one of those three out before going all the way and Kane might be fit but probably mentally damaged.
We also have Richarlison injured due to playing a whole game with the injury despite picking up the injury in the warm up !
That's not to mention Bentancur, who also has an injury.
We still have the final to go and players like Perisic and Romero ( if he doesn't get injured) have had no friendlies or training with the team for the first game back.
Will they even be available ?
These are very good , key players.
All in all we seem to have been negatively affected more than any other team.
You just knew it would be that way !

Seems most people wanted Argentina, Croatia and England out.
We only got one of those three out before going all the way and Kane might be fit but probably mentally damaged.
We also have Richarlison injured due to playing a whole game with the injury despite picking up the injury in the warm up !
That's not to mention Bentancur, who also has an injury.
We still have the final to go and players like Perisic and Romero ( if he doesn't get injured) have had no friendlies or training with the team for the first game back.
Will they even be available ?
These are very good , key players.
All in all we seem to have been negatively affected more than any other team.
You just knew it would be that way !

Don’t forget Bentancur also picked up an injury and I think Ben Davies did too although not I’ve not seen much since about the latter so maybe he’s ok now.

Don’t forget Bentancur also picked up an injury and I think Ben Davies did too although not I’ve not seen much since about the latter so maybe he’s ok now.
I did mention Bentancur but i forgot about Davies. It's becoming a big list yet all we hear is about the goons one injury and how they will cope.
Even Ben White was in Dubai training and playing at the same time as England were playing France right next door. Wtf!!

I did mention Bentancur but i forgot about Davies. It's becoming a big list yet all we hear is about the goons one injury and how they will cope.
Even Ben White was in Dubai training and playing at the same time as England were playing France right next door. Wtf!!

Heard ben white had a bust up with one of the coaches and was sent home. Could just be a rumour though.

Heard ben white had a bust up with one of the coaches and was sent home. Could just be a rumour though.
I think this seems like the truth.
Surprised the fa / Southgate lied and said personal reasons if it was a disagreement.
If it's true , it shows a very weak / arrogant character to leave because of a bust up and lose what might be the only chance you will get to play at a world cup representing your country.
Look at Sons reaction just to getting through the group stages. Look at the Argies celebrations.
Seriously not impressed if it really was a disagreement with Steve Holland and he sulked and slunked out of the camp leaving the squad a man light.

I think this seems like the truth.
Surprised the fa / Southgate lied and said personal reasons if it was a disagreement.
If it's true , it shows a very weak / arrogant character to leave because of a bust up and lose what might be the only chance you will get to play at a world cup representing your country.
Look at Sons reaction just to getting through the group stages. Look at the Argies celebrations.
Seriously not impressed if it really was a disagreement with Steve Holland and he sulked and slunked out of the camp leaving the squad a man light.

Personal reasons kills the story. The papers would otherwise have a field day.

Not going to make a judgement cause i have no idea what really happened.

Back