• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

When was the last time we had three Academy players starting a Premiership game?

For 2 games in 99/00 we had Ian Walker, Ledley and fan favourites Carr and Campbell all starting in the same team.

Could have four academy players starting if Townsend manages to force his way back into the team...

Equally impressive is that the players that finished the game had an average age of 23.2.

If you don't include Fazio, Verts and Lloris then the average age was 21.8 ... *nearly* an u-21 team just beat an in-form Everton.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

So in the past 4 years we've seen Livermore, Caulker, Carrol, Townsend, Bentaleb, Mason and Kane make the first team squad

That's 7 players of a Premier League standard to have graduated from our academy, when in the blue f*** did that last happen? :shock:

Not forgetting Danny Rose, who was first choice LB before injury.

You sure Danny can strictly be described as home-grown?

Wiki entry: Rose started his professional career at Leeds United in 2006, having progressed through the club's youth ranks, but left for current club Tottenham Hotspur in July 2007, having never played for Leeds.

Not sure you could count Rose, but throw in Pritchard for Eriksen and Townsend for Lennon and you do have a homegrown midfield.

You sure Danny can strictly be described as home-grown?

Wiki entry: Rose started his professional career at Leeds United in 2006, having progressed through the club's youth ranks, but left for current club Tottenham Hotspur in July 2007, having never played for Leeds.

He was part of the under 21 side for a few seasons. Whilst not fully homegrown, he is as good as

If we're not counting rose then Bentaleb doesnt count neither.

I guess you should apply the logic that makes Players naturalised for their country or classed as home grown by FIFA (like fabregash was for arsenal)

That's 3 years with a club before their 21st birthday

So Bentelab counts and so does Rose

Last edited:
If we're not counting rose then Bentaleb doesnt count neither.

True.

Looks like we may need to agree a definition of home-grown. For me it's someone who's registration has only ever been with Tottenham throughout his academy years. He may well of course have spells out on loan to several clubs before returning to make his breakthrough into the first-team squad, so long as it's us who have always held his registration.

Anyone that spends time (a season or more) playing for our youth team before working his way up to the first team can be claimed as a product of our our academy afaic - maybe not in the same sense as those who have soley been at THFC from day one, but all the same they would have been developed to a degree by the club

To answer the question. Stoke earlier in the month. Kane, Mason and Townsend all started.

For me a homegrown player is someone who has spent time in our academy. Lennon went straight into the first team so not a homegrown player. Bentaleb and Rose both signed and spent time in the junior ranks so I'd sya yes they are.

Back