• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What's our best starting EPL XI?

onlyme

Banned
Bit boring here ATM.

After a grand total of 7 games

Home

Lloris

Walker Dawson Verts Rose

Townsend Sandro Paulinho Siggy

Soldado Ade

Away

Lloris

Walker Dawson Verts Rose

Townsend Sandro Paulinho Eriksen Siggy

Ade or Soldado (whoever is in form)

Not sure about your home line up at all. I don't fancy Siggy on the left in 442 and if that is the formation that we play, Lennon is a must for me.

I've been thinking about this thread since I read it earlier and at first I was like "pffft, ****ing Ade!?"

But the more I think about it the more I would actually like to see Ade and Soldado play together (maybe in Europe first).

Having a striker in Soldado who seems intelligent in his positioning alongside another actual striker (rather than AM) in Ade who likes to drift could be exciting. If it gets off to a good start Ade's mojo might come back. You just never know.

I would change Sig for Eriksen in your line up as Ade will drift left and Eriksen can interchange with that into the middle better imo.

-------------------Lloris-------------------
Walker-----Kaboul--------Vert---------Rose
-----------Sandro------Paulinho-----------
Lennon/Towns----Eriksen------Lennon/Towns
----------------Soldado--------------------

2 seasons ago we played the some of the best football we have played in my life time and this was partly due to Modric and Rafa and Scott Parker being the anchor allowing these players to excel.

Looking at it now Sandro can do the same job (if not better) as Parker did. We now have Holtby who can sit in a similar position to what Modric did and be just as effective as he was. We also have Eriksen who is a very similar player to VDV and has the potential to be even better. The only difference between that team and the team we currently have is a player on the Left like Bale. As this was before his one man cameo he did stick to the left and gave us balance whipping in balls from the left wing and this is where either Townsend, Lamela or Chadli can come in. Townsend would be my first choice at the moment as he can take a man and can also cross and what with Lennon coming back that gives us the kind of width we had in what was a very very good season.

This now brings me to the striker. Under Arry we had an in form Adebayor who was getting the service from the wings aswell as both Modric and Rafa where as last season we found it difficult to create anything. I am almost certain that if Ade were in this team now we would see similar form to that of 2 seasons ago. I understand AVB has his way of playing the game and i think his tactics are very good away from home but i feel at home he needs to take a risk and have the old Arry attitude of go out there and do what you do.

If you look at our current crop of players they are very similar to the ones under Arry (some of them being the same players)

Sandro (Parker) Modric (Holtby)

Lennon Eriksen (VDV) Townsend (Bale)

Ade

Avb (Arry)

Imo our best 11 is with Holtby next to Sandro, Eriksen behind the Striker and Lennon and Townsend giving us natural width with Ade upfront.

If Ades head is not in it then i'm sure Soldado can start banging them in with this much creativity on the pitch.

P.S when fit the GK and defence picks itself.

2 seasons ago we played the somfe of the best football we have played in my life time and this was partly due to Modric and Rafa and Scott Parker being the anchor allowing these players to excel.

Looking at it now Sandro can do the same job (if not better) as Parker did. We now have Holtby who can sit in a similar position to what Modric did and be just as effective as he was. We also have Eriksen who is a very similar player to VDV and has the potential to be even better. The only difference between that team and the team we currently have is a player on the Left like Bale. As this was before his one man cameo he did stick to the left and gave us balance whipping in balls from the left wing and this is where either Townsend, Lamela or Chadli can come in. Townsend would be my first choice at the moment as he can take a man and can also cross and what with Lennon coming back that gives us the kind of width we had in what was a very very good season.

This now brings me to the striker. Under Arry we had an in form Adebayor who was getting the service from the wings aswell as both Modric and Rafa where as last season we found it difficult to create anything. I am almost certain that if Ade were in this team now we would see similar form to that of 2 seasons ago. I understand AVB has his way of playing the game and i think his tactics are very good away from home but i feel at home he needs to take a risk and have the old Arry attitude of go out there and do what you do.

If you look at our current crop of players they are very similar to the ones under Arry (some of them being the same players)

Ade

Avb (Arry)

Imo our best 11 is with Holtby next to Sandro, Eriksen behind the Striker and Lennon and Townsend giving us natural width with Ade upfront.

If Ades head is not in it then i'm sure Soldado can start banging them in with this much creativity on the pitch.

I don't agree with the bolded bit at all. Has Holtby even played 90 minutes for us in that position let alone surpassed our best place in that position during the Premier League era?

2 seasons ago we played the some of the best football we have played in my life time and this was partly due to Modric and Rafa and Scott Parker being the anchor allowing these players to excel.

Ade

Avb (Arry)

In the future possibly, but he's nowhere near Modric level at the moment.

I think it would be incredibly unwise to spend close to £100m in the summer building a team capable of playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 only to ditch it in favour of a formation that we are not equipped to play effectively after one embarrassing defeat and before our new players have had a chance to bed in.

I think that the right response is to continue to pick the players and formations that the manager has been selecting but to get the player playing at No. 10 to get closer to Soldado when we are in attack and for the inside forwards to mix it up a bit and go outside as well as cutting in.

I don't agree with the bolded bit at all. Has Holtby even played 90 minutes for us in that position let alone surpassed our best place in that position during the Premier League era?

That position is up for grabs and i do not see any reason why Holtby cannot play their seeing as though he likes to play deeper.

In the future possibly, but he's nowhere near Modric level at the moment.

It may take time but his passing ability is not far off and lets face it all he has to do is play the right pass at the right time. Modric played the simple but positive passes to the right players and i'm sure Holtby can do the same.

It's strange that no-one has yet selected our record signing.

Also, not too many fancy Dembele, Chadli or Capoue either.

I doubt this will be the same by the end of the season.

It's strange that no-one has yet selected our record signing.

Also, not too many fancy Dembele, Chadli or Capoue either.

I doubt this will be the same by the end of the season.

Havent seen enough of Lamela, Chadli or Capoue yet and I believe Dembele slows our attacking far too much.

Our best? Well, from what I have seen so far this season:

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Rose
Paulinho - Dembele
Townsend - Eriksen - Sigurdsson
Soldado​

But in terms of overall ability and who I feel can do the most damage when everyone is fit and on form:

Lloris
Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose
Sandro - Paulinho
Lamela - Eriksen - Townsend
Soldado​

My biggest debate would then come between Eriksen and Holtby. I think I'd use Holtby, instead of Paulinho, in games at home to sides in the bottom ten.

Otherwise, I'd give him some games in place of Eriksen from time to time.

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose

Sandro Paulinho

Townsend Eriksen Lamela

Soldado

Sandro and Capoue in the middle against teams like Scum, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project etc.

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose

Sandro Paulinho

Townsend Eriksen Lamela

Soldado

Sandro and Capoue in the middle against teams like Scum, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project etc.

Yeah I'd go for that, except Dawson over Kaboul for me.

Then in the toughest ones go 4-3-3, lose a wide player and move Eriksen out, and bring in Capoue as a 3rd CM.

Yeah I'd go for that, except Dawson over Kaboul for me.

Then in the toughest ones go 4-3-3, lose a wide player and move Eriksen out, and bring in Capoue as a 3rd CM.
That is a decent shout.
Mourinho always plays to not lose against the top clubs.

Back