• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What would Jenas do?

Jenas is just one of a long line of fan spacegoats, made easier by the fact that he has never made completely good on his promise/ability.

I'm not sure that he was a spacegoat, so much as drove people mad by fulfilling his promise so rarely. Against Arsenal he was fired up, driven, wonderful. But too often he lacked the drive and spark to make things happen. The amazing run from goalmouth to goalmouth he made against Liverpool, failing to put the ball in the net, is one of the cruel memories of his career with us: so much promise, so little delivery. I wish him well because he has been a model pro in many ways, I'm sure no manager has ever had a bad word to say about him, but - perhaps unfairly- you want such a wonderful athlete to also be an incisive footballer, and he wasn't.

You're absolutely right, but that's no reason to boo him. He always tried and never once complained, yet he is booed when he plays and people talk about him like he threw his shirt on the ground or came out as a gooner.

A spacegoat is the best description.

I will always remember for his man of the match performance in the 5-1 win over Woolwich.

Hopefully the Forest Derby derby (?) can bring out one of his games where he shows what he can really do as he did at times against Arsenal and gets his confidence back.

The Derby derby always confused me as a kid.

Anyway, hope Jenas rips them a new one. My Mum's side of the family are Forest fans, Grandparents used to be season ticket holders, ended up seeing them play a fair bit as a kid so do always keep an eye out for them. If I'm free I'll definitely watch the game, looking forward to it.

This generalising of derby games is a pet hate. Liverpool and United have a deep rivalry but they don't play a derby against each other. Same here with Forest and Derby. And there is no such thing as a London derby. We play Arsenal in the NLD and the others are just games against other London clubs with different degrees of importance and intense feeling.

My only exception to this rule is the Surrey derby.

This generalising of derby games is a pet hate. Liverpool and United have a deep rivalry but they don't play a derby against each other. Same here with Forest and Derby. And there is no such thing as a London derby. We play Arsenal in the NLD and the others are just games against other London clubs with different degrees of importance and intense feeling.

My only exception to this rule is the Surrey derby.

Except Arsenal is a South London club, but yeah, derbies are for two club cities.

I'm confused, what defines a derby to you? I'd consider that a proper derby, geographically close, with history between the clubs ie Brian Clough's involvement, the fans are always up for it, form goes out the window generally, plenty of fiesty tackles, fans going out of control, Robbie Savage getting his arse out. How isn't it a derby?

Ah read Jord's post. But to me that's an odd one. I'm not going to measure it but the distance between Tottenham and Woolwich is can't be that much less than the distance between Nottingham and Derby.

Can't think of a more consistent goalscorer in the past few years v Arsenal than him, so for that alone I wish him all the best.....

Yep but you need more than 2 good games per season from a player. Particularly true for a CM - its such a crucial position....I would rather have a CM who gives a 7/10 or 8/10 performance week in week out rather than a CM who produces a 10/10 performance 3 or 4 times per year but produces 5/10 performances at other times

Arsenal's current stadium is a bit closer than Woolwich though.

But I thought it was a city thing as opposed to a geography thing? Anyway...Doesn't matter, semantics aside it's definitely called the East Midlands derby and I definitely can't watch it because I've just remembered I've got a 12-4 at work on Sunday. Booooooo.....

I'm confused, what defines a derby to you? I'd consider that a proper derby, geographically close, with history between the clubs ie Brian Clough's involvement, the fans are always up for it, form goes out the window generally, plenty of fiesty tackles, fans going out of control, Robbie Savage getting his arse out. How isn't it a derby?

Ah read Jord's post. But to me that's an odd one. I'm not going to measure it but the distance between Tottenham and Woolwich is can't be that much less than the distance between Nottingham and Derby.

Local rivalry with some history, generally within the same town or city.

It doesn't mean that the Forest-Derby game isn't an intense rivalry, almost certainly more intense than the Nottingham derby (which doesn't really have enough history). But they are separate cities 15 miles apart. For much of the history the "derby" between the Counties was probably a bigger game.

Obviously definitions will differ, but it seems to me that the real derbies are obvious and slip off the tongue easily: the Merseyside derby, Manchester derby, north London derby, etc. There is no ambiguity and you don't have to struggle for a name like the M62 derby or northeast midlands derby or Harry Redknapp financial ruin derby.

One of the few to win the PFA Young Player of the Year in recent times who has not gone on to realise his potential:

2000–01 - Steven Gerrard Liverpool
2001–02 - Craig Bellamy Saudi Sportswashing Machine
2002–03 - Jermaine Jenas Saudi Sportswashing Machine
2003–04 - Scott Parker Charlton Athletic, Chelsea
2004–05 - Wayne Rooney Manchester United
2005–06 - Wayne Rooney Manchester United
2006–07 - Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United
2007–08 - Cesc Fàbregas Arsenal
2008–09 - Ashley Young Aston Villa
2009–10 - James Milner Aston Villa
2010–11 - Jack Wheelchair Arsenal
2011–12 - Kyle Walker Tottenham Hotspur

Barnet-Watford, for some reason.

The tacos from not-London come into High Barnet and start smashing things up whenever there was a fixture between the two. They did this even when they were a PL club and Barnet were non-league. tacos.

Barnet-Watford, for some reason.

The tacos from not-London come into High Barnet and start smashing things up whenever there was a fixture between the two. They did this even when they were a PL club and Barnet were non-league. tacos.

Probably the WAR guys I'd guess (Watford Away Raiders)? The good old days hey!

Probably the WAR guys I'd guess (Watford Away Raiders)? The good old days hey!

Hehe! I remember being in the Crown and Anchor near the church. Windows got smashed in with all sorts of objects. They went on a mini 'rampage' further down. Just left them too it, they tired themselves out in the end and looked rather sheepish when they realised the Barnet Ultras consisted of Mavis in Greggs berating them for nicking her swinging sign outside the shop.

Different class!!

He just made it look so easy yesterday, he didnt even have to think about it just simple one touch passing and that finish :)

If he had started a few games there might be more chance but I doubt Spurs want him sitting on the bench when they could send him out somewhere he gets more games.

Tottenham forum hates him but they have higher expectations than us. Jenas, Reid,cox,sharp... That's goals however you slice it.

SoD has managed the situation very well imo. He's not just dumped the players in his squad that were already here, and he will need to rely on once JJ has left. He's given him the same chance as everyone else in the squad i.e train regularly, prove your fitness, prove your worth a place. JJ has done this and could now start the next game on merit.

Although it might cost £5million to buy JJ, he could be the difference with us going up automatically or going through the play offs!!

I'm sure JJ will still back himself to be able to play in the Premier League, if not with Spurs then with someone else. It's a joy seeing him back but let's take it a month at a time and not get carried away.

He's apparently on £45k a week at Tottenham. We are supposed to be paying £15k a week of that.

£15k a week over the course of a season is worth paying if we get a player of JJ's quality.

I think all Forest fans would love to see him sign for Forest but his wage demands would be to high and I don't think he would come down the Championship.
I've heard Sunderland might be in for him in the January sales, Forest might be in with a chance if he is still at Spurts at the end of the season and if Forest get promoted.

JJ could be an iconic signing.

:eek:

Back