• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What went wrong?

Thank you.

I love how a bad result changes facts. Who, at 2-0 up was going nuts over how poor we were?

Come on, hands up ](*,)

Not how poor we were but i definately said to my mates they will at least get one back if we carry on. I honestly thought it would be 3-2 at HT and was delighted it stayed at 2-2. At 1-2 Arry should be making the changes. It baffles me how or why he didn't even get one of Saha or Ade to play as a midfielder for the final 10 minutes of the half if he didn't want to make a sub yet. He made some disastorous errors today so lets hope he learns from it.

You waited very patiently to have your 451 field day...must be quite satisfying

Not at all if it means we lose. Tbh though if 4-4-2 worked i'd have been the first to put my hand up and accept Arry got it right but if we played 4-5-1 and played like that in the first half i definately wouldn't be trying to defend it like you are thats for sure.

Totman. Again I wonder whether you simply watch things on teletext and wait for the scores to update. Arsenal even at 2 down were creating chance after chance and the ball was pinging around in our box every few minutes.

I said formation didn't matter at that stage in the second half as the lads weren't exactly sticking to it and were all over the place mentally. Arsenal were riding the crest of a wave.

Not at all if it means we lose. Tbh though if 4-4-2 worked i'd have been the first to put my hand up and accept Arry got it right but if we played 4-5-1 and played like that in the first half i definately wouldn't be trying to defend it like you are thats for sure.

Was a silly dig, I apologise

Dominated possession? they were passing it off the side of the pitch and we were intercepting their passes in their own third... What game were you watching?

Arsenal created one chance in that opening half hour, van persie in the area with the ball and he put it wide.

Exactly. People are forgetting the chances Adebayor and Walker had in the first 25 minutes. We were fudging awful, but that doesn't mean we were awful for the ENTIRE GAME.

Totman. Again I wonder whether you simply watch things on teletext and wait for the scores to update. Arsenal even at 2 down were creating chance after chance and the ball was pinging around in our box every few minutes.

I said formation didn't matter at that stage in the second half as the lads weren't exactly sticking to it and were all over the place mentally. Arsenal were riding the crest of a wave.

Yeah I watched it ceefax mate, well spotted.

Again, how did the second half pan out? It was the players, not EITHER formation...you said so too. Not sure what your problem is to be honest. We were better first half, even if we were poor. Do the maths.

Yeah I watched it ceefax mate, well spotted.

Again, how did the second half pan out? It was the players, not EITHER formation...you said so too. Not sure what your problem is to be honest. We were better first half, even if we were poor. Do the maths.

I like how you make it out that I have a problem? I pointed out that the formation in my view was wrong to begin with. There's no point debating this as you will skew whatever is said to suit your own argument.

Yeah...or you could go back and read the conversation, and see why I have no idea what you are on about

Seems like Kranjcar is the newest spacegoat in the team,together with Dawson.He did nothing wrong today,he did show up defensively and stopped several arse attacks and helped out where he could.It's funny how most people here blame him but when he was on the pitch we had a 2-0 lead.The real blame for today's defeat should go to the abysmal defending of our back line and Parker having the worst game in a spurs shirt.I ve never seen King play so badly either.Another reason was that Ade and Saha didn't help enough defensively,but then again they provided a serious threat when we were going forward.The only bad decision Harry made today was bringing in VdV to play RM when he could have brought on Lennon.

Harry did the right thing with going 4-4-2,it's the players that are usually very reliable(Parker,King,Kaboul) had a very bad day.No matter what system or attacking players we used today,we would have lost because our defense delivered their worst game since HR is in charge.

1-They wanted to win this more than us.

2- Van persie the difference

3- tactically all over the place, what cant bale stay on the left? why is parker running everywhere doing everyons job?

4- Adebayor was awful i believe, bale, assou ekotto were also bad.

5- I wonder if the stevenage game played some part. It was the same kind of performance.

Seems like Kranjcar is the newest spacegoat in the team,together with Dawson.He did nothing wrong today,he did show up defensively and stopped several arse attacks and helped out where he could.It's funny how most people here blame him but when he was on the pitch we had a 2-0 lead.The real blame for today's defeat should go to the abysmal defending of our back line and Parker having the worst game in a spurs shirt.I ve never seen King play so badly either.Another reason was that Ade and Saha didn't help enough defensively,but then again they provided a serious threat when we were going forward.The only bad decision Harry made today was bringing in VdV to play RM when he could have brought on Lennon.

Harry did the right thing with going 4-4-2,it's the players that are usually very reliable(Parker,King,Kaboul) had a very bad day.No matter what system or attacking players we used today,we would have lost because our defense delivered their worst game since HR is in charge.

He did nothing wrong today? Correction...he did nothing today. fudge all. Jack brick. Diddly squat. Naff all. Sweet FA. Anymore?

Not his fault it's not his position blame lies with Redknapp for playing him there and not bring in someone who can play on the right in the last window?

Hansen just said it on telly like. Spurs were all over them, the gaps in arses defence were clear and there was no way you could see them coming back. There are reasons why they came back. Its not due to players passion but due to mentality and team positions. Mentality = yes we are that good, it is that easy, when in hindsight we needed to fight harder than ever in those crucial minutes leading up to half time.

Structure and formation in that it was too easy for their midfield to run at the back 4. We capitulated. Other reasons mentioned in the original post.

Kranjcar certainly wasn't our worst player, but Lennon should have started instead, simple as that. Our biggest threat is pace.

He did nothing wrong today? Correction...he did nothing today. fudge all. Jack brick. Diddly squat. Naff all. Sweet FA. Anymore?

Not his fault it's not his position blame lies with Redknapp for playing him there and not bring in someone who can play on the right in the last window?

Kranjcar for me is a good player, but not suited to our game at all. He's too slow on the ball, and slows down our play too much.

Watch the match again and you will see that he provided alot of defensive cover throughout the first half.And if a player doesnt score or assist,then he did nothing all game,right?

aah fudge it,it's niko's fault that sagna gets a free header in our box and that RvP gets 3 huge chances in the first half...and fudge NK,it's his fault we conceded the other 3 in the second half aswell!

3- tactically all over the place, what cant bale stay on the left? why is parker running everywhere doing everyons job?

5- I wonder if the stevenage game played some part. It was the same kind of performance.

Van Persie was outstanding. But on no4, Bale at least showed some initiative and drive, and still got some dangerous balls into the box. Saha was just as poor than Adebayor and Walker defensively was as vulnerable as BAE (King was poor). Generally I think it was one of those days. But then again the Wigan game at times was a case of us being very fortunate with them cutting through us at will so we need to work on defending better. Tactically I do think Lennon and Bale out wide has been a major factor in us playing well. Today it was them who had width and us trying to play through the middle without any real structure or understanding of how to do that. What is frustrating is that we missed a great chance to impose themselves. They remain a potent attacking team, and can play some clearly well-trained football. But defensively they were vulnerable, and yet we utterly failed to take advantage.

Positive maybe that this is a major rocket for the final push this season. Because we are still 3rd, have had very few real downs this season, and still have it all in our hands.

Probably the most accurate post in this thread.

Kranjcar for me is a good player, but not suited to our game at all. He's too slow on the ball, and slows down our play too much.
He is slow,just like VdV,but they are the only ones together with Modric capable of playing an ambitious pass forward.You can have all the Bale's and Lennon's in the world,but if you dont have a player feeding them passes(Kranjcar to Bale vs Lpool,Modric today to Bale) pace means nothing.

Back