• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What player should get a statue outside the ground?

how about Keane, but rather than a statue, just pay him to stand still and point, like he did in 2011

Jamie Carragher deserves a mention due to the amount of important goals he's scored for us over the years.

I'd prefer an NFL style hall of fame head busts in the museum for individual players.

If we were to have statues then it should be big ones, like a team one of the 61-62 team lifting trophy, one of us lifting the uefa cup. Early eighties team winning FA cup. Take the statues from iconic photos or from TV pictures.

Have the statues in alcoves as part of the stadium wall going around the stadium. The empty alcoves can be used as selling areas like programmes, scarfs etc until they are filled with iconic moments. For me teams should be celebrated not individuals, after all no one player is bigger than the team. (Little poke at goon statues)

obviously Bill Nic will get his own one but other than that i think that's a fantastic idea you've got there mate

Should have a colossus sized one of Levy, maybe standing on the crushed bodies of all the managers he's sacked, standing astride the entrance to the new Sainsburys.

im pretty sure that when or if we build a new stadium that some statues will be on the agenda. I Saw a thing in the news today where a famous gooner was questioning whether Bergkamp deserved a statue and that players like Alan Smith and Ian Wright deserved it first, but that were not the sexy choice so were not being made.

If we did start to put up some statues then we have to honour the right players.

Bill Nicholson
Dave Mackay
Danny Blanchflower
John White
Jimmy Greaves

Then further in the future players like:

Glenn Hoddle
Steve Perryman
Ossie Ardilies
Chris Hughton
Chris Waddle

And then even further in future maybe:

Jermain Defoe
Gary Mabbutt
Ledley King
Teddy Sheringham
David Ginola
Paul Gascoinge

Bill Nich and Danny Blanchflower.

I don't think it's appropriate to have statues of people who are still alive, so Dave Mackay and Steve Perryman will have to wait their turn.

Those 4 stand out for me.

I place Glenn Hoddle in that frame…agree with the other four, absolutely.

obviously Bill Nic will get his own one but other than that i think that's a fantastic idea you've got there mate

I Would start with the first European trophy won by a British side.

article-2521628-1A038C8800000578-61_964x1015.jpg

or

Tottenham_Hotspur_Atletico_Madrid_5-1.jpg

How about this FA Cup win

article-0-1592A6D2000005DC-250_468x309.jpg

Other Uefa Cup win

1445550_w1.jpg

That's what I'd like, no messing, big iron statues of teams celebrating. Iconic moments should go around the stadium, not individuals

Back