• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What I did with my weekend by Benjamin Lambert

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Had a weekend in London went up on the Saturday and booked into our hotel before taking part in the open house thing. Went and visited admiralty house where the head of the Navy still sits and has meetings today. An amazing room with so much history from Nelson to Churchill who held the position of the head of the admiralty twice.

Then we went and spent 3 hours in a queue for the Bank of England, which again was really interesting seeing inside. Dinner was just at Bella Italia which was adequate nothing great. In the evening we saw the play The Curious Incident of the Dog in the night. One of the best plays I have ever seen and the use of the set was mind blowing, very very good, really made you wonder what people with Aspergers go through.

Sunday morning We queued for 3 hours to spend 10 minutes inside the Gerkhin, lovely views and interesting building. I then got back home to turn on the t.v. to see spurs concede. Good weekend up to that point.

Really recommend you do the open house trail next year if your interested in London history. Really interesting getting to see behind the scenes in some of the historic buildings in London.

Really recommend you do the open house trail next year if your interested in London history. Really interesting getting to see behind the scenes in some of the historic buildings in London.

Does it cost you to join this, saw loads of people around the city queueing up for historical and new buildings, id be interested

Does it cost you to join this, saw loads of people around the city queueing up for historical and new buildings, id be interested

No mate it is all free. We were in such a long queue for the Gherkin it went round several corners. Got a lovely view of Lloyds of London. Some amazing buildings all across London that they open up. Worth getting the Green book or looking on their website for next year.

We are planning looking at some of the tours of the train stations and getting to learn the history of them, next year. We put in for the draw for downing street every year but never seem to get lucky. Despite what you might think of whoever is in there it must be an amazing building to visit. I love the history of London and the Open house is an amazing idea to allow people to get to see a bit more of history.

On saturday I got to see the Chair where the head of the British Navy throughout time sat and made decisions, just thinking about that blew my mind and some of the facts about the objects in the room that the guide mentioned were interesting.

If your a history fan marky I would also suggest the war rooms just of horse guards parade, it is where Churchill spent much of his time in the second world war and you even see the bed he slept in, again very interesting museum as is Chartwell where he also lived but that is in Kent.

No mate it is all free. We were in such a long queue for the Gherkin it went round several corners. Got a lovely view of Lloyds of London. Some amazing buildings all across London that they open up. Worth getting the Green book or looking on their website for next year.

We are planning looking at some of the tours of the train stations and getting to learn the history of them, next year. We put in for the draw for downing street every year but never seem to get lucky. Despite what you might think of whoever is in there it must be an amazing building to visit. I love the history of London and the Open house is an amazing idea to allow people to get to see a bit more of history.

On saturday I got to see the Chair where the head of the British Navy throughout time sat and made decisions, just thinking about that blew my mind and some of the facts about the objects in the room that the guide mentioned were interesting.

If your a history fan marky I would also suggest the war rooms just of horse guards parade, it is where Churchill spent much of his time in the second world war and you even see the bed he slept in, again very interesting museum as is Chartwell where he also lived but that is in Kent.

Genuinely sounds wicked mate, i'll defo do it next year

Back