• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

£35 million bid for Ben Arfa, Cisse and Cabaye?

I like Cabaye and think he could be a poor man's Moutinho. A decent option for the right price (less than £15m).

Cisse is the archetypal one-season-wonder.

Ben Arfa I don't think is worth spending £12m on to upgrade on Townsend/Falque. We could get Will Hughes or Nathan Redmond (both of whom have far more potential, especially the former) for a fraction of that.

Last edited:
Why are you 1 of those who think we are better than we are and should be signing the likes of Hazard and Cavani?

No, im one of those who think that 35mil for those 3 would be an act of lunacy

Last edited:
I agree, 15m for the 3 would be closer to the mark

if everyone was fit cabaye and Ben arfa wouldn't even start, depending on who we lost obviously

if everyone was fit cabaye and Ben arfa wouldn't even start, depending on who we lost obviously

bingo

and id hope we'd be in for a better forward than Cisse, who although fairly decent hasn't really leaped out at me this season at Saudi Sportswashing Machine as someone we should be choosing to be our first choice striker.

a deal signing all 3 as our major transfers for the first team would say to me we truly aren't planning on making a serious effort at breaking the top 4

Last edited:

I think Cabaye is better than Dembele tbh.

Certainly better with the ball, although maybe not so good without it.

Remember in the summer we moved for Dembele at £15m only after we tried for Cabaye and been quoted £20m.

Sandro-Dembele-Cabaye would be a pretty fantastic/complementary CM trio actually.

Last edited:
bingo

and id hope we'd be in for a better forward than Cisse, who although fairly decent hasn't really leaped out at me this season at Saudi Sportswashing Machine as someone we should be choosing to be our first choice striker.

a deal signing all 3 as our major transfers for the first team would say to me we truly aren't planning on making a serious effort at breaking the top 4

I agree about the Cisse thing - I have not been waiting for three years to get someone who has flattered to decieve with some great goals and not much else. fudge that.

Wouldnt mind Cabaye though but not sure where he will fit in.

I would suspect all three would be another basically ill thought out window haha

:lol: They are worth much more than 15m!

Any of them would improve our team big time. Cisse with goals, ben arfa with a bit of skill because we have no one and Cabaye is very very good.

The three of them are worth 30m, 10 each, and thats a minimum.

--------------Lloris-----------------

Walker-Shawcross-Vertonghen-Baines

--------------Sandro---------------

-------Cabaye-------Dembele

Ben Arfa----------------------Bale

---------------Cisse----------

Ben arfa is exactly the type of player we should be avoiding - 5 minutes of trickery every 10 games or so masking total anonimity - would drive everyone here nuts.

Ben arfa is exactly the type of player we should be avoiding - 5 minutes of trickery every 10 games or so masking total anonimity - would drive everyone here nuts.

Agree 100%.
Brilliant but really inconsistent. We need players we can rely on to do a job not mercurial flakes.

You dont like it?

Shawcross isn't even better than Dawson, let alone Kaboul. Are you nuts? Baines is 28 and would cost close to £20m, that's hardly a move that would happen. Ben Arfa who is fit once every 10 games, Lennon has a better all round impact on a game. Cisse who's scored fewer than Defoe this season? No, I don't like it. That's not to mention moving Bale away(if he's even here next season) from the position he's currently dominating in, I can't see him wanting to move wide again.

I think we should be looking at players like Saleh (Salah?). Hopefully wouldn't cost the earth but could cause havoc in the premier league. I really would like to see us go in for Moutinho again and possibly Remy

-----------------Lloris-------------------
Walker----Kaboul---Vertonghen--Ekotto
------Sandro----Moutinho----Dembele---
----Lennon/Saleh/Remy-----Bale--------
-------------BADASS STRIKER-----------

Back