• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

£25m for Basel's front 3 anyone?

if we can keep bale and can get more for ade and defoe to fund backups in another area, i'd think it'd be a good deal, considering that the Basel players shouldn't be demanding that high salaries. at the moment my main concern is lack of quality depth to last a full season and competing on two or more fronts.

Yep, am basing my views on our past actions and the extra TV cash could mean we spend more than we did before. However (and I apoloise for banging on about it!) there's no way we'll spend big money til the financing for the stadium is 100% secure

re Moutinho, we really dont know what happened. Could well have been that our payment structure was too long term dated (ie so that a chunk was paid once we got the stadium built) whereas Porto wanted the lions hsare of the cash up front (and given their stronger bargaining position, they would have asked for this)

Re Moutinho, the reports suggested that it was third party ownership problems that scuppered the deal rather than any problems with the payment schedule.

Mohamed Salah Ghaly

Lets try again with another Ghaly, shall we?

No shirt tossing allowed though..

Seriously though, what a player, only 20. Get him in!

What about Redmond, Birmingham apparently are in severe financial difficulty, chance of getting him for 2/3m could be a great deal.

And Salah at Basle could be worth a bid.

What about Redmond, Birmingham apparently are in severe financial difficulty, chance of getting him for 2/3m could be a great deal.

And Salah at Basle could be worth a bid.

I like Redmond. I think he has more potential than Sterling, Ince or Townsend, and isn't far behind Zaha.

For £2/3m he'd be a decent back-up for Lennon.

Re: Mohamed Salah Ghaly

Lets try again with another Ghaly, shall we?

No shirt tossing allowed though..

Seriously though, what a player, only 20. Get him in!

Wonder if he'd sit in the stands next to Ceballos and Pritchard if he'd come through the Spurs youth system

great goal from one of our apparent summer targets

[video=dailymotion;xyt9ur]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyt9ur_ajax-heracles-wow-eriksen_sport[/video]

siggy used to knock those in for fan for swansea before he signed for us ;)

just what i thought:)

Siggy has been unlucky, these days he hits the woodwork or the keeper pulls off a great save. Even against Swansea a week ago Siggy had a shot a bit like the above and Vorm clawed it away. Last season it would have nestled in the net :(

Tottenham are among a group of Premier League clubs that would consider triggering Loic Remy's £8m escape clause if QPR are relegated. The 26-year-old French striker has scored five goals in seven starts since joining from Marseille in January.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/08/qpr-relegation-loic-remy?

I would.

Given that we've so long been short of quality strikers - and possibly forfeited two or three chances to qualify for the Champions League as a consequence - I would be very disappointed if Remy was the striker (or even one of the strikers) that we finally signed.

Actually, scratch "very disappointed"..................................I would be fudging livid.

It's just that, if that is the level of striker that we're going for, then why the fudge didn't we buy him back in January or even August - when we could really have used him?

Because if we're even remotely interested in him now it would be as a backup option, but it's an easy way for lazy, useless journalists to fill their papers. Didn't even have to break out the old hat with names in or dart board with clubs on.

Phil Neville has confirmed he will leave Everton at end of season after eight years at Goodison

Will Harry finally get his man?

I don't think Remy is any better than Defoe

he is

plus you have to remember Defoe is getting on, seems to be quite injury prone now too

Remy would be an upgrade on him.

Of course we still need another forward, Benteke and Damaio seem to be the obvious names being thrown around.

Back