• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What are the differences between Spurs and arsenal?

Ade tried that last year. We were ontop of that game before he lost his rag.

Yesterday the level of aggression from players was just right for me (the aggression from fans wasn't too bad either). We were slyly getting into them (as mentioned elsewhere Dembele's backwards head flick, Bentalab missed stamp on Monreals hand, Soldado's hack at wilstshire). What we lacked was fitness, a few players and a settled team. imo.

Ade didn't try that last year mate. What Ade did was over enthusiasm on a personal level and wasn't really a sending off although I understand why he went.

Dembele's head flick is a case in point. Next time Wheelchair is on the ball, someone else should clean him out. Then we see a) what reaction Wheelchair is going to give? b) Arsenal realising we are going to give them a proper examination, c) the fans get a boost.

Bentaleb's stamp is/was a nothing. He didn't touch the guy nor did he intend too. It was frustration pure and simple and like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted when we are 2-0 down with 4 mins to go.

Soldado's trip on Wheelchair was the nearest to seeing what I would like to see. He was getting away and needed to be stopped before running at us in full flight. Right place to give away the free kick and on the right player.

This is not me advocating pure cheating on cyncism and we don't need to be like that every game. But it is me saying I want our players to hate them for 90 mins like they hate us and show that by doing the hard things like taking a booking or getting over physical in the right way because that is what they do and we need to fight fire with fire.

Movement.

Each Ar.se player has to make a 10 yard pass and then sprint 10 yards, over and over.

Each Spurs player has to beat 2 men, back heel it to his mate who has to spin past another to knock a pass 30 yards between 2 more.... oh, we lost the ball again.

We were getting quite close to them. Then we decided to sell all our best creative, attacking midfielders who could pass, control the ball and find space, and replace them with old English style cloggers.

Look at any successful team these days, they will all have the ability to control a game by making it difficult for the opposition to get the ball off them and being able to carve opposition defences open with intricate passing play. The reason Arsenal have struggled in recent seasons is because of a) a lack of physical presence to accompany the technical players, and b) a lack of bottle and mental strength at the key moments of the season. Also Wenger did sign some pretty awful players in the last few years (Squillaci, Chamakh, Bentdner, Djourou, Park Chu-Young, Santos, Gervinho etc). But generally, they've maintained the philosophy of always ensuring they have players who can move the ball around gracefully, as opposed to punting it long upfield to a big striker, or focusing on getting the ball to a fast wide player to whip in thousands of crosses in the hope that one will hit somebody. Even in the 2011-12 season, which was possibly the weakest Arsenal side I can remember, they still have the likes of Arteta and Rosicky ticking things over in midfield and providing chances to Van Persie who could finish them all off.

The signing of Eriksen and Bentaleb's promotion to the first team is a step back in the right direction. Holtby and Sigurdsson are also in the squad. But when you consider that Arsenal have Ozil, Cazorla, Rosicky, Wheelchair, Arteta and Ramsey all in this mould, it's not hard to see why they've ahead of us now. I like Dembele and Paulinho, but can you imagine Wenger ever signing players like these? It's hard to see where we'd find another Modric, but even getting another Van Der Vaart, Kranjcar or Huddlestone would improve things for us.

Something that was apparent yesterday was they had a lot of experience on the pitch in comparison to us.

You may not look at it that way but they had one player who hadn't played in a derby and he has played 6/7 games for them this year. Their whole team had a lot more premier league and international experience in it and it showed. Their only non regular first team player was the keeper and that's hardly a position that you would get games in.

We had Chriches, Eriksen and Bentelab making NLD debuts, and Rose playing only his 8th game of the season IIRC.

When you saw the benches and the sensible subs that Wenger made it was apparent that our injuries are hampering us along with some of the inexperience across our whole set up (manager and players)

Add that to the fact their playing a tried and tested system at HOME and it was quite predictable. They scored a tidy finish and took the sting out if the game. Second half they resorted to type this season and sat back and waited for us to break them down which we didn't. We looked tired and passed very poorly in the final third. They passed very well

However im confident that at WHL we will win again as we seem to off late and let see how that looks

A lot of experience. Correct.

But they have won sweet FA for 10 years/whatever.

And that team will not win a trophy this season. We would have won the FA game with fit players. They will not win any cup trophy 100%. But they may and that is a big "may" win the EPL if circumstances fall in their favour.

Go nearly ten years without a trophy and buckets of CL cash and exposure?

Better than we're currently doing then?

Lol no but I mean from a coaching perspective. The pass and move philosophy he has got Arsenal playing, one that was synonymous with Spurs. He's a very good coach

Not sure why some of you are so quick to rule them out of winning a cup. They're unlikely to beat Bayern in the CL. But in a one off game they can beat anybody, and with an easy draw in the FA Cup to take them into the 5th round, they're getting closer already. What if City's dreadful away form continues and they **** up to somebody like Everton or Southampton in the 5th round, whilst Liverpool knock out Chelsea, then Arsenal draw Liverpool at home in the quarter-finals and put them out?

They've got a good chance this year. I'm annoyed that we missed the opportunity to stop them. The only thing that should work in our favour here is that they have ridiculously hard fixtures around the time of the 5th and 6th rounds.

They just don't come across as a cup team SUIYHA.... Weird thing to say but I think they will focus more and more on the league the longer their up there

They won't but in January IMO and there squad is stretched

It will come down to a one off game where a team has a real go at the and that's where they will get knocked out

I fancy Liverpool for the cup this season, City for the league and United for the League. Cup

Simple. They are scum and we are not. I don't care how successful they are, or how good their football might be perceived to be, or how rich they are, their club was built by underhand scum bags with a win at all costs mentality and that trait exists through to this day. I'd rather lose to them than be one of them.

Does help that their manager runs the club,if levy was arsenal chairman he would have sacked him by now.Wenger runs the club from bottom to top ,he earns £7 million a year and makes all the decisions,when everyone wanted him to go,he knew his job was safe so he just carried on with his philosophy and got them 4th place again last year,if he went they be like man ure today,struggling ......so as a few people have said here their is consistency every year in their game plan.He signs a certain type of player, he has stats on their stamina and how quick they are and if they are suitable in the way they play. Steve Bould has upgrading their defending so where last year they were all over the place this year they've tightened up. Ozil came to them because they've got a couple german players tapping up for a few months over the summer months beforre he came.

Us........well how many managers have we had,how many directors of football have we had,how many players have we bought that were square pegs in round pegs,when we get to a certain level we sell instead of investing,so at the minute we're trying to change the way we play again,so thats four...five different formations over the last three years.........and even now,if sherwood doesn't improve our position he be sacked in the summer and another 'head coach' will take over and we start all over again mmmmm

Does help that their manager runs the club,if levy was arsenal chairman he would have sacked him by now.Wenger runs the club from bottom to top ,he earns £7 million a year and makes all the decisions,when everyone wanted him to go,he knew his job was safe so he just carried on with his philosophy and got them 4th place again last year,if he went they be like man ure today,struggling ......so as a few people have said here their is consistency every year in their game plan.He signs a certain type of player, he has stats on their stamina and how quick they are and if they are suitable in the way they play. Steve Bould has upgrading their defending so where last year they were all over the place this year they've tightened up. Ozil came to them because they've got a couple german players tapping up for a few months over the summer months beforre he came.

Us........well how many managers have we had,how many directors of football have we had,how many players have we bought that were square pegs in round pegs,when we get to a certain level we sell instead of investing,so at the minute we're trying to change the way we play again,so thats four...five different formations over the last three years.........and even now,if sherwood doesn't improve our position he be sacked in the summer and another 'head coach' will take over and we start all over again mmmmm

Actually it's more than arguable that the Scum were far more successful when Dein was working with Wenger.

Moe Normans knows...what a man!

Moe: What’s the longest walk in golf? It’s from the practice tee to the first tee. I don’t care if it’s only 10 yards. It’s the longest walk in golf.

Q: Everyone gets nervous then?

Moe: Yes, but we ‘can do’ when the bell rings. They can’t produce when the bell rings. At anything.

Q: How did you overcome that?

Moe: By not putting so much value into everything. Every time I teed up the ball I thought, what have I got to lose? A lousy golf ball? What else? If I lose it, I just go get another one and hit it.

Moe: This is what the game lacks today: the inward part. How to win. How to be yourself. How to believe in yourself.

Moe: It’s all this gosh dang hope and hear. Hope and fear. And it just drives me nuts. That’s all people live with.

Moe: What a terrible thing to waste—that 51/2 inches between your ears. That’s what you win with. Your dumb muscles can’t make half a million dollars a year. This can make more than that because your mind is a generator. Your body is a motor. Your golf ball is a bullet. Now aim and fire. Loser’s aim, but don’t fire, they direct.

Moe: Losers direct their emotions. Losers live that way everyday in life. They’re directing themselves down the highway. Wherever they’re going, in stores, in this, in that, they’re directing themselves. They’re stumbling over their own emotions. Their minds are in their way. They don’t know how to get out of their own way because they don’t understand their own self.

Moe: People are a mystery to themselves and always will be. You are what you think you are. If you think you’re beat..you are. I you think you dare not, you don’t. If you want to win but think you can’t, it is almost certain that you won’t. If you think you’ll lose, you’ve lost.

Moe: Growth is where you find it. Success begins in a fellows will. It’s all in the state of mind. You’ve got to think high to rise. You’ve got to feel sure of yourself before you win a prize. The man who wins is the man who thinks he can. We’ve all got them in our club. They’ve got no business playing as good as they do. They’ve got no business winning as much as they do. But, they do, because they think they can.

Moe: The only way you’re going to play golf up to your true potential is by playing subconscious golf. I just can’t believe why the mind is not being used more in life.

Their players have superb touches and good footballing brain - e.g, sprint into position not only for the next immediate pass but also for the pass number 2 or 3 ahead. Their players and fans are still ****s though.

The club has mostly always had a better footing than us,you don't see them chopping and changing managers all the time and when they buy players they normally work out good for them,players like Giroud who a lot of Spurs fans laughed at has now come good for them.Personally i don't see us ever catching them up,even the Stadium issue is a joke,i'm 66 years old and i don't think i will see anything out of my club if i live another ten.

Back