• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wesley Sneider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find it hard to believe a player like Sneijder will want to join us when we are not in Champions League. Remember VDV only joined us after we have qualified for CL. But it will be a high profile signing which could lift the morale of other players. Just wondering, if we do sign him, where will he play and who will be dropped for him : Sandro, Dembele or Dempsey ?

Find it hard to believe a player like Sneijder will want to join us when we are not in Champions League. Remember VDV only joined us after we have qualified for CL. But it will be a high profile signing which could lift the morale of other players. Just wondering, if we do sign him, where will he play and who will be dropped for him : Sandro, Dembele or Dempsey ?

Very premature to think about team selection (dont want to jinx anything)...

BUT!.. Surely he'd play behind the striker?.. hes a forward thinking player, Dembele is our Modric now.. Would think Dempsey is the one that would be backup.

Anyway, im still sceptical about the whole thing.

Lennon, even?

I'd love to have him, just for the debates on how to pronounce his name correctly. Is it Sn-ee-der, or Sn-ey-der, or even Sn-ay-der? Who knows? Probably the Dutch, but they're not here.

I heard brief mention of this ion Talksport's news bulletin yesterday morning. Haven't heard much since and hardly any other news outlets (Guardian, BBC, Daily Mail etc) have picked up on this, which is a massive story.

Sounds like there's actually not much to it, or journo is being used to flush out bids from other clubs especially those in CL.

Nothing to see here, move along.

:(

Reading back through Palmeri's twitter, he really does come across like an attention seeking, up his own arsehole ITK prick that we keep slating for chatting brick the whole time:

24 Dec Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
Tonight, if for some reason you can't be with yours, accept my Xmas wishes live @talkSPORT at 10.30pm UK - as gift,crunchy market news

Huuuuuge market news.Catch me live @talkSPORT in 5 minutes

My mistake,apologies.I'll be @talkSPORT at 1.20am UK.I know it's late,but trust me,market news is worth.Btw,I'll tweet it tomorrow at 1pm UK

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
For those asking, the huge market news is about a Premier League team

I won't tell you the team, but I can tell you that the team is signing in the player

One hint more - it's a Premier League team amongst the ones qualified for Champions League in last 5 years

He then goes re-tweeting a load of tweets people send to him, most along the lines of "pleeeeeeeease tell us more, I can't wait" - basically lavishing up the attention. Then we get:

Oh, don't hate me, but I just had ANOTHER transfer news of a fruitful meeting about a big star. But that I can't reveal until 26th december

Then he reveals Sneijder news, before saying:

Just had confirmation of 2nd huge transfer news I received y'day night.I said I wd have tweet it on 26th,might be compelled to do it earlier

You really want so much a hint? Ok, but just one: both clubs involved in transfer won the champions cup

Before the ITK bashing begins:

Ryan Jackson ‏@ryanhotspur
@tancredipalmeri 29 days ago you were saying he was going to Fenerbahce, what's changed?

14h Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
@ryanhotspur I never said that, I said that agent received an offer from Fenerbahce.If you don't spot the difference, it is your problem

14h Ryan Jackson ‏@ryanhotspur
@tancredipalmeri touchy touchy. Lets just hope you are right about the Tottenham link! 80% chance is high.

Tancredi Palmeri
‏@tancredipalmeri
.@ryanhotspur Touchy?U defame me.I report what I know,not my responsibility if clubs don't close deal,whether is Fenerbahce or Tottenham etc

Maybe he does hold more credibility than your typical ITK trumper, but still, I'm really struggling to see how this one would work. Sneijder wants to leave Inter because of a pay dispute, we are not a club known for paying high salaries are we?

Exciting news, will wait until he actually arrives before getting too worked up about any potential move though.

Exciting news, will wait until he actually arrives before getting too worked up about any potential move though.

Yeah I dont wanna pop a gonad* about this until I see the guy holding up a Spurs shirt with no. 14 (if rumours are true) and his name on it

In our dreams.

Exactly what I thought at first (and still do) but...

Sneijder is history at Inter - they simply cannot afford him - fullstop so he must leave this January.

What are his options:

Premiership:
United - not with RvP; City - not this time; Chelsea - Oscar and Hazard; Liverpool - need strikers first; Arse - no space with Cazorla

Barca / Madrid:
Not in a million years.

PSG: possibly but also stocked in the creative department

Russia: always a competition but cannot see him opting there

Germany: Schalke or us???

As for his wages: if we get him for £8mill, then the difference goes as a bonus to his wages

We can dream, can't we?

Why would City not get him in? Also UTD could easily slot him in behind RVP though they do already have Kagawa.

What about someone like Atletico or Bayern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back