• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Why does ange have to do every press conference? Surely there can be someone at the club that can do the pre match or something? Mason is good. Or someone else.

You can see it's annoying and tiring. Idiot journalists asking stupind questions.

Why does ange have to do every press conference? Surely there can be someone at the club that can do the pre match or something? Mason is good. Or someone else.

You can see it's annoying and tiring. Idiot journalists asking stupind questions.
I’ve been banging this drum for about 5 years now. It’s too much BS for anyone to deal with. I’d be sending (at the time) Paratici or Lange out to answer some of this stuff. For every game it’s at least 3 press conferences, ridiculous!

I doubt Ange would want to hand them over, to be honest. He finds them annoying but I think he very much wants to control the outside narrative -- one of the things that made me want him at Spurs.

I doubt Ange would want to hand them over, to be honest. He finds them annoying but I think he very much wants to control the outside narrative -- one of the things that made me want him at Spurs.

A prematch though is a nothing interview. Who's fit, the other teams great blah blah... the players get interviewed post match. Mason or lange or whomever can do a quick press conference.

A prematch though is a nothing interview. Who's fit, the other teams great blah blah... the players get interviewed post match. Mason or lange or whomever can do a quick press conference.
In your opinion, sure. I don't think Ange sees them that way.

In your opinion, sure. I don't think Ange sees them that way.

We heard from conte, asking why it was always the manager, not anyone else?

This season isn't so bad. 1 game a week. Means 2 press conferences. 2 games a week though is 4.

You can see ange getting the needle. It doesn't have to be that way. It's your opinion that this is what he wants.

We heard from conte, asking why it was always the manager, not anyone else?

This season isn't so bad. 1 game a week. Means 2 press conferences. 2 games a week though is 4.

You can see ange getting the needle. It doesn't have to be that way. It's your opinion that this is what he wants.

Yes, my opinion based on watching Ange for a long time never hand over a press conference. Surely he would have done it by now if he was really open to it? Pointless argument, like you said they're nothing interviews anyway.

Yes, my opinion based on watching Ange for a long time never hand over a press conference. Surely he would have done it by now if he was really open to it? Pointless argument, like you said they're nothing interviews anyway.

Yet the last 2 he has got the needle.

Yet the last 2 he has got the needle.

The last 2?

And, of course, the ultimate one:

He's regularly prickly with journalists, probably because they ask dumb questions. But I also think that's why he likes to keep control of them. So he can shut down the dumb questions and not have a situation created by someone not answering as he would like.

Last edited:
The last 2?

He's regularly prickly with journalists, probably because they ask dumb questions. But I also think that's why he likes to keep control of them. So he can shut down the dumb questions and not have a situation created by someone not answering as he would like.

Maybe you are right. But did mason ever answer badly?

It's a moot point anyway.

The last 2?

I think he’s actually okay with dumb questions and answers them well. All the brick about The Fonz and songs at the stadium and so on. He rolls his eyes but makes a bit of fun of it and sometimes turns the answer into something insightful anyway.

Where he turns, from what I’ve seen, is when a journo tries to stir brick or infer something that isn’t true. And journos will do that. All they need is a quote to make a headline regardless of context. Ange, rightly, wont allow a false narrative to be put out there.

You’d obviously know better than me having watched him for longer but that’s been my impression of him.

Agreed. More than ever, sports journalism/press conferences have become low low dumb dumb exercises...

Totally pointless, what apart from injury updates do we get. Is a manager going to come out and say I don't like this club or manager, say exactly what his tactics are for the game or say who we will be signing? It's a great opportunity for Liverpool to display the latest items for sale in their clothes shop and I'm waiting for Klopp to come on wearing pyjamas or dressing gown.

Back