• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Fact is we have not looked outclassed in any game this season, we have looked like we can go toe to toe with anyone and it's enjoyable to watch and the manager isn't a whining little bitch that embarrassing the club and all of us.
Can't believe the fanbase isn't basking in this. Add in the potential from the next two transfer markets, and the future's very bright.

Can't believe the fanbase isn't basking in this. Add in the potential from the next two transfer markets, and the future's very bright.

To be fair, think fans at the stadium are more onboard than most.

Having paid to sit through Jose & Conte makes you appreciate actually wanting to see your team play, and seeing players both giving a brick and enjoying themselves.

I’m hoping he is looking after himself properly. He must have spent an incredible amount of energy since he came in.
I wonder if he has enjoyed it all or if it has taken a lot out of him?

Every week I get more comfortable woth where we are given the nature of the PL and results.

Villa being talked as champs elect and we battered them bar result, Everton slaughter Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool crawl part Palace. Point is for me it's a league of allsorts even for clubs with much more settled sides than us.

We are holding our own year one and with an injury crisis. Had we weathered a few storms better we would be coming put of this period well ahead of expectations given the injuries
I think we're coming out well ahead of the expectations we had this summer even with some storms we haven't been able to weather.

We're 7 points off the top of the table. Not saying we will again be at or really close to the very top this season, but had I been offered that (and fantastic football) in the summer even with no injury crisis I definitely would have taken it.
People are really falling for the oversimplify flimflam of braindead pundits

Ange's game is a lot more tactically nuanced than just attack.
- The three midfielders can be very different positioned, e.g. 2nd half with City where putting PEH in deep gave another pass out the back route and we out possessed City at their place (for a period of 2nd half we had >70%).
- Against Saudi Sportswashing Machine he commented on the fact that a lot of chances in previous games had fallen to wide players (Johnson, Gil, Deki) and putting Son there gave us a finisher if the chance came, I think there was also a realization Trippier against Son 1:1 is a disaster all day long
- We regularly create overloads in parts of the pitch, massive contrast to Conte that regularly left our players exposed in parts of the pitch

Just ignoring the injuries, especially who -> VDV, Bentancur, Maddison and even Perisic (very regular assist creator for us off bench) is disingenuous, add suspensions, multiple players under 22, multiple players new to squad, PL, all players new to Ange's system, a few hiccups are almost guaranteed.

Do we need a few more players? yes, do we need to get more goals from somewhere other than Son? yes, but when you change ~50% of your first team squad and still have more to do, it was always going to be a multiple window fix.

Fact is we have not looked outclassed in any game this season, we have looked like we can go toe to toe with anyone and it's enjoyable to watch and the manager isn't a whining little bitch that embarrassing the club and all of us.
Top post. Will be very interesting to see what we can do in January. Our squad depth is imo proven better than a lot of people feared already. If we can add one at a starting 11 level and one or two at a good squad level in key positions in January things could go from tasty to damn delicious.

People are really falling for the oversimplify flimflam of braindead pundits

Ange's game is a lot more tactically nuanced than just attack.
- The three midfielders can be very different positioned, e.g. 2nd half with City where putting PEH in deep gave another pass out the back route and we out possessed City at their place (for a period of 2nd half we had >70%).
- Against Saudi Sportswashing Machine he commented on the fact that a lot of chances in previous games had fallen to wide players (Johnson, Gil, Deki) and putting Son there gave us a finisher if the chance came, I think there was also a realization Trippier against Son 1:1 is a disaster all day long
- We regularly create overloads in parts of the pitch, massive contrast to Conte that regularly left our players exposed in parts of the pitch

Just ignoring the injuries, especially who -> VDV, Bentancur, Maddison and even Perisic (very regular assist creator for us off bench) is disingenuous, add suspensions, multiple players under 22, multiple players new to squad, PL, all players new to Ange's system, a few hiccups are almost guaranteed.

Do we need a few more players? yes, do we need to get more goals from somewhere other than Son? yes, but when you change ~50% of your first team squad and still have more to do, it was always going to be a multiple window fix.

Almost Jamie Redknapp word for word.

Having paid to sit through Jose & Conte makes you appreciate actually wanting to see your team play, and seeing players both giving a brick and enjoying themselves.
Exactly this. Me enjoying, and being entertained by the team. AND the team themselves looking like they're loving playing this kind of football in this team, as a team, is ALL you can ask for.

At some point I'm going to want to win something, as much for them than me, but hey, as always, enjoy the journey.

Mustoe speaking well of us from 4.30minutes in. The point of 'its risky' I don't agree with, and surely you have to caveat that opinion with, 'that risk fluctuates depending on personnel' any team without their (only) two starting CHs will be carrying more defensive risk.
Furthermore, Ive never felt defensively under the cosh when Rom and VDV were starting.

Saying we will take some beatings is way off imo with our best 11.

Mustoe speaking well of us from 4.30minutes in. The point of 'its risky' I don't agree with, and surely you have to caveat that opinion with, 'that risk fluctuates depending on personnel' any team without their (only) two starting CHs will be carrying more defensive risk.
Furthermore, Ive never felt defensively under the cosh when Rom and VDV were starting.

Saying we will take some beatings is way off imo with our best 11.

Haven't watched the video, probably won't, but based on your comments...

Every approach has risks and downsides. That's just football.

I do think we could easily be in for some proper beatings. Very good teams being clinical, margins going against us, us keeping up the attack minded mentality. Yeah, that can lead to some beatings. I'm very happy to take that risk with the obvious upsides to that approach.

I still think, any defensive mined former player will keep banging on about this being too open and possible for us to get a spanking. I had this worry at the start of the season. But we have played Scum, City and I don't see it. they get chances? but any team should get chances. We play with Risk and its part of our system, but they said the same about city when Pep took over with their high line. Its more about us dominating possession and getting more chances than them.

I think eventually they will get their minds around this whole setup.

Haven't watched the video, probably won't, but based on your comments...

Every approach has risks and downsides. That's just football.

I do think we could easily be in for some proper beatings. Very good teams being clinical, margins going against us, us keeping up the attack minded mentality. Yeah, that can lead to some beatings. I'm very happy to take that risk with the obvious upsides to that approach.
Everyone is exposed to the potential of an 'everything goes in' game from the opposition. But can happen to any team at any time.

The evidence of this team taking a beating (or potentially taking a beating) is just not there. DESPITE being a fresh out the door reboot of a team that was playing the complete opposite football. A new manager, managing at a level well above the likes he has before, 5 new starters in the team, all that before we get to the recent terrible fortune with injuries and the self inflicted suspensions.

Chelsea might have given us beating (in the end)....but if it takes that kind of scenario for someone to score 4 against us, then things are good.

don't live in UK any longer, been in Sydney for several years now. But couldn't appreciate the football we play under Ange any more - win or lose.

Being literally on the other side of the world you inevitably are watching Spurs bleary-eyed ish in the early morning before work. Conte & Mourinho era Spurs was the worst fudging way to start your day - bored off your tits and wanting to turn the TV off!!!

Loving life under Ange, it's so good to watch, so refreshing and positive, and as you say the team are fully committed to it. We will win more than we lose. COYS

Last edited:

Was another decent pre-match presser, he did his thing where he wasn't rude but definitely let the journalists know when they were being stupid or driving agendas, off the top of my head

- The we aren't aiming for 5th
- Called out a journalist for asking him more about VAR while pretending it wasn't his question (response along lines of own it)
- Called out journalist for asking if Forest manager was in threat of losing his job (response along lines of "we all are, and don't pretend if I had lost against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, you wouldn't have come after me)

don't live in UK any longer, been in Sydney for several years now. But couldn't appreciate the football we play under Ange any more - win or lose.

Being literally on the other side of the world you inevitably are watching Spurs bleary-eyed ish in the early morning before work. Conte & Mourinho era Spurs was the worst fudging way to start your day - bored off your tits and wanting to turn the TV off!!!

Loving life under Ange, it's so good to watch, so refreshing and positive, and you say the team are fully committed to it. We will win more than we lose. COYS

Have you noticed a knock on effect of an increase in Spurs fans in Australia because of Ange?

Have you noticed a knock on effect of an increase in Spurs fans in Australia because of Ange?
You get the blow ins and the regular news talking about Spurs much more, but not a huge increase in members for OzSpurs. It’s been a very big club for 20 years now.

If by some miracle Ange gets us to 4th this season it will be even more of an achievement. What with one game a week and the 100 injuries and suspensions he has had to deal with and the the macaronic refs so far and not a lot of whinging.

We would have done good. Either way....we are climbing

If by some miracle Ange gets us to 4th this season it will be even more of an achievement. What with one game a week and the 100 injuries and suspensions he has had to deal with and the the macaronic refs so far and not a lot of whinging.

We would have done good. Either way....we are climbing
He needs help in Jan, we can't keep struggling on with injuries and suspension

Hopefully The recruitment team have some work done and we can get in a couple early.

He needs help in Jan, we can't keep struggling on with injuries and suspension

Hopefully The recruitment team have some work done and we can get in a couple early.
Tough to get the players you want in Jan though, I’d hate to add 2 or 3 players to the squad who weren’t really what we wanted long term and then we have the situation of the last couple of seasons in trying to flog even more dead wood. We’re finally starting to see the end to that particular nightmare, I’d hate to add to it.

I hope we’re not afraid to use the loan system in Jan if the opportunity comes up.

Back