• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

I put this quote from Van de Ven in his thread but it very much pertains to Postecoglu and what he's quickly trying to get across to his players. Great to read, I'm preparing for the downside when we start to see some mistakes leading to goals conceded:

"At my age it is important that you get a lot of playing time. I spoke about this in detail with the Tottenham coach. He said I am bringing you in to play. And that may not go well right away, but then I know you have the quality. It is so much fun playing football at Tottenham. The assignment is play from the back and if things go wrong, it is the responsibility of the trainer. The manager literally said you can make a mistake. Better that than shooting the ball outside the stadium three times in a row."

I put this quote from Van de Ven in his thread but it very much pertains to Postecoglu and what he's quickly trying to get across to his players. Great to read, I'm preparing for the downside when we start to see some mistakes leading to goals conceded:

"At my age it is important that you get a lot of playing time. I spoke about this in detail with the Tottenham coach. He said I am bringing you in to play. And that may not go well right away, but then I know you have the quality. It is so much fun playing football at Tottenham. The assignment is play from the back and if things go wrong, it is the responsibility of the trainer. The manager literally said you can make a mistake. Better that than shooting the ball outside the stadium three times in a row."

That is great to hear.
It also demonstrates why bringing in players with the right character (or to use the dreaded m word, mentality), is so important. Yes, you are allowed to make mistakes when following instructions but before the coach gets to take the blame you first have the potential of your fellow players blasting you (but hopefully not if they have all bought into the system as well) and the almost certainty of the crowd (or elements of it) on your case. So strong enough not to be scared to make a mistake but young enough to be moulded into the style of play. Seems on first impressions that Ange is going to be a good judge of character as well.

Fully expecting an end of season gig at the lane with him. Especially now we have given Vale our star boy for a season

Random but of Bedford knowledge… loads of huge acts rehearse here at the hangers as they can put a full stadium set up inside them

I’ve randomly met bands in a pub or restaurant in town

one Sunday my bro was out with some mate at the swan (nice hotel on the river) and he took a selfie with some mates

I looked at it and saw Robbie, his wife and some kids in the background eating lunch

no one had clocked them

I like the idea of the Manager of the Month curse so I looked into the results in the following month.

Nuno: August 2021
11 Sept: Palace A 0-3
16 Sept: Stade Rennes A 2-2
19 Sept: Chelsea H 0-3
22 Sept: Wolves A 2-2
26 Sept: Arsenal A 1-3
30 Sept: NS Mura H 5-1

1 win / 2 draws / 3 losses

Jose: November 2020
3 Dec: LASK A 3-3
6 Dec: Arsenal H 2-0
10 Dec: Antwerp H 2-0
13 Dec: Palace A 1-1
16 Dec: Liverpool A 1-2
20 Dec: Leicester H 0-2
23 Dec: Stoke A 3-1
27 Dec: Wolves A 1-1

3 / 3 / 2

Poch: April 2017
5 May: West Ham A 0-1
14 May: Man Utd H 2-1
18 May: Leicester A 6-1
21 May: Hull A 7-1

3 / 0 / 1

Poch: February 2016
2 Mar: West Ham A 0-1
5 Mar: Arsenal H 2-2
10 Mar: Dortmund A 0-3
13 Mar: Villa A 2-0
17 Mar: Dortmund H 1-2
20 Mar: Bournemouth H 3-0

2 / 1 / 3

Poch: September 2015
1 Oct: Monaco A 1-1
4 Oct: Swansea A 2-2
17 Oct: Liverpool H 0-0
22 Oct: Anderlecht A 1-2
25 Oct: Bournemouth A 5-1

1 / 3 / 1

AVB: February 2013
3 Mar: Arsenal H 2-1
7 Mar: Inter H 3-0
10 Mar: Liverpool A 2-3
14 Mar: Inter A 1-4
17 Mar: Fulham H 0-1
30 Mar: Swansea A 2-1

3 / 0 / 3

AVB: December 2012
1 Jan: Reading H 3-1
5 Jan: Coventry H 3-0
12 Jan: QPR A 0-0
20 Jan: Man Utd H 1-1
27 Jan: Leeds A 1-2
30 Jan: Norwich A 1-1

2 / 3 / 1

Redknapp: November 2011
3 Dec: Bolton H 3-0
11 Dec: Stoke A 1-2
15 Dec: Shamrock Rovers A 0-4
18 Dec: Sunderland H 1-0
22 Dec: Chelsea H 1-1
27 Dec: Norwich A 2-0
31 Dec: Swansea A 1-1

3 / 2 / 2

Redknapp: September 2011
2 Oct: Arsenal H 2-1
16 Oct: Saudi Sportswashing Machine A 2-2
20 Oct: Rubin Kazan H 1-0
23 Oct: Blackburn A 2-1
30 Oct: QPR H 3-1

4 / 1 / 0

Redknapp: August 2009
12 Sept: Man Utd H 1-3
20 Sept: Chelsea A 0-3
23 Sept: Preston A 5-1
26 Sept: Burnley H 5-0

2 / 0 / 2

Jol: December 2004
1 Jan: Everton H 5-2
4 Jan: Man Utd A 0-0
8 Jan: Brighton H 2-1
15 Jan: Chelsea H 0-2
22 Jan: Palace A 0-3
29 Jan: WBA A 1-1

2 / 2 / 2

Hoddle: August 2002
11 Sept: Fulham A 2-3
15 Sept: West Ham H 3-2
21 Sept: Man Utd A 0-1
28 Sept: Middlesbrough H 0-3

1 / 0 / 3

Hoddle: October 2001
4 Nov: Leeds A 1-2
17 Nov: Arsenal H 1-1
24 Nov: West Ham A 1-0
29 Nov: Fulham A 2-1

2 / 1 / 1

In summary...you can't take much out of it.

All stats from: https://thfcdb.com/matches

Fully expecting an end of season gig at the lane with him. Especially now we have given Vale our star boy for a season

Random but of Bedford knowledge… loads of huge acts rehearse here at the hangers as they can put a full stadium set up inside them

I’ve randomly met bands in a pub or restaurant in town

one Sunday my bro was out with some mate at the swan (nice hotel on the river) and he took a selfie with some mates

I looked at it and saw Robbie, his wife and some kids in the background eating lunch

no one had clocked them
the hangers?!?

IMG_2438.jpeg
Few big films there the last couple of years...
Loads of films
One lot are wiener by Warner so they film Batman and many many others
The other one is used for gig (possibly the same one) set up

we have had loads and loads of actors and bands here but there isn’t any top hotels

we once had one direction fans block the bypass trying to break in

Lots of stages and big band set ups are done at Thurleigh (longest runway in Europe) and they go from there to Cardington hangers

View attachment 15989
Loads of films
One lot are wiener by Warner so they film Batman and many many others
The other one is used for gig (possibly the same one) set up

we have had loads and loads of actors and bands here but there isn’t any top hotels

we once had one direction fans block the bypass trying to break in

Lots of stages and big band set ups are done at Thurleigh (longest runway in Europe) and they go from there to Cardington hangers

We did some work on Pinocchio there, the new one with Tom Hanks

We did some work on Pinocchio there, the new one with Tom Hanks
Cool
So many films, big budget ones, are filmed there
It’s a huge space isn’t it
I used to go there as a kid for sea cadets (yeah I know) to do drill training
I was there when the U2 claw stage was being tested and that caused loads of issues with local power supplies

Cool
So many films, big budget ones, are filmed there
It’s a huge space isn’t it
I used to go there as a kid for sea cadets (yeah I know) to do drill training
I was there when the U2 claw stage was being tested and that caused loads of issues with local power supplies

Yeh massive mate, don't miss the early mornings there.

Back