• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Yeah I’ve heard a lot of people on Saturday say “we’d have lost that under Conte.” I actually think Conte would have won that game by a goal or two and done so without the stress or the entertainment.

I enjoyed Saturday a lot more than 95% of Conte games but, to be fair, Conte did alright on the results front.

We would have likely workman like got a 2 nil here but the next game we would go into a shell and only show up for the last 20 mins.

Ok 1 thing i don't get. He said he knew there would be a lot of injury time so made the subs late.

You make subs to switch the game tactical wise or to bring on fresh legs. If players sre getting tired at 70 mins do it then. If the game needs changing at 70 mins do it then. Why wait cause there will be more injury time?

Ok 1 thing i don't get. He said he knew there would be a lot of injury time so made the subs late.

You make subs to switch the game tactical wise or to bring on fresh legs. If players sre getting tired at 70 mins do it then. If the game needs changing at 70 mins do it then. Why wait cause there will be more injury time?

Very fresh legs against very tired legs I guess.

Also didn’t he change formation by taking off VDV and bringing on PEH, and left Romero on his own at the back? If so then you probably only want to do that against a very tired team, but wtf do I know [emoji2371]

Edit: for clarity, I’m not being sarcastic, I really don’t know

Also didn’t he change formation by taking off VDV and bringing on PEH, and left Romero on his own at the back? If so then you probably only want to do that against a very tired team, but wtf do I know [emoji2371]

The legs will still be fresh after being on for 10 mins though. The opposition would probably be even more tired having to keep up with fresh legs for 10 mins.

I dunno either.

He changed the whole set up when he made the changes
And our first ones were after they had used two of their sub windows IIRC
I’d also say that we werent doing anything wrong, so why change for fresh legs
He changed the set up with us then playing royal alongside Romero with a bit of help from PEH and Bissouma
Then it meant we had 5/6 men in midfield supporting Richarlison as a focal point
And Sheffield couldn’t make another sub as they had used their windows up

Interesting; it certainly reminded me of games like Swansea away when we were 1-0 down going into stoppage time in 2017..but also the Bergwijn Leicester game or Emirates Marketing Project away in Feb 2022...Conte certainly had a few of those which i think people easily forget.
But perhaps none so lateLATE...

I'm intrigued (though also petrified!) to see how we are set-up next Sunday...
Conte had those guy in reality how many were comebacks that came from
Him making a change
Leicester the did bring on Bergwein and change things so that’s the only one imo
and poch was poor at changing things up too. Swansea was one where the sub of Jansen coming on changed the game (I was there)

Conte had those guy in reality how many were comebacks that came from
Him making a change
Leicester the did bring on Bergwein and change things so that’s the only one imo
and poch was poor at changing things up too. Swansea was one where the sub of Jansen coming on changed the game (I was there)

A comeback is a comeback; whether from making subs and making adjustments on the pitch by giving players different instructions etc they all count.
Certainly, Ange seems actually more astute than both Conte and Poch in how he uses subs so far. But then there is also the counter-argument of having got the set-up right in the first place so subs not being so necessary etc etc..
Regardless, Ange still doing better on the subs front - though if Kulu hadn't scored the winner would i be thinking that as much...fine margins...

Next two games you feel Ange will HAVE to be on point with his decisions re subs..

Why would anyone want to be a football manager, you make changes, you get a win, and yet people still question your decisions, use to be a game you watched and enjoyed, now every element of the game must be analysed and pick apart with blame apportioned for perceived failures. This manager will make mistakes as most people do and he's said he will take responsibility, we will lose games but I'd rather watch us losing playing his way than winning with Conte's mind numbing style whatever errors he makes.

A comeback is a comeback; whether from making subs and making adjustments on the pitch by giving players different instructions etc they all count.
Certainly, Ange seems actually more astute than both Conte and Poch in how he uses subs so far. But then there is also the counter-argument of having got the set-up right in the first place so subs not being so necessary etc etc..
Regardless, Ange still doing better on the subs front - though if Kulu hadn't scored the winner would i be thinking that as much...fine margins...

Next two games you feel Ange will HAVE to be on point with his decisions re subs..
And so will the teams we play
I think we play in a super adaptable way now ecen though it looks like just all out attack

And so will the teams we play
I think we play in a super adaptable way now ecen though it looks like just all out attack

Yes, certainly the adaptability is a far cry from Straightjacket Conte (though tbf to him, when it worked it REALLY worked)..

THFC, given our position in the football pyramid, NEED to be adaptable.

We had the 4th most points from losing positions the last two seasons so you're right the fans are very much forgetting what actually happened before. As bad as the football was under Conte (2nd season) the team didn't lack fight.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

You need players to be coached, not drilled
Conte drilled players into shapes
Ange coaches players how to play

I get you are high on him, I'm high on him too, but Conte won 5 league titles in Italy and England, proper football.

We need a reality check on what we can expect from a guy who's made such a massive step up on his career ladder.

Enjoy it for what he brings.

We had the 4th most points from losing positions the last two seasons
This is because we were a decent team, who often found themselves losing, so had to fight back.
I.e. the best teams were rarely in losing positions, and the crap teams couldn't fight back.
So that stat is basically saying that we were negative, but when we went behind, we came out of our shell and played football and lo and behold we were decent.

It is not a stat to be proud of. It indicates a negative manager.

I get you are high on him, I'm high on him too, but Conte won 5 league titles in Italy and England, proper football.

We need a reality check on what we can expect from a guy who's made such a massive step up on his career ladder.

Enjoy it for what he brings.
He is a brilliant driller of players
His game is about automations and patterns
How many teams did he keep going with?
You can’t argue with 5 titles that he isn’t successful. But you can dissect why and how
He spent money on players to fit his system and played a specific system with automations.

Back