• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

He was a success. 4th and 4th again when sacked (though having played more games). It is very, VERY difficult for a manager to do better than that at Spurs.

Totally derailing the Ange thread, but hard disagree. Conte was hired with the sole purpose of winning a trophy (any trophy), to get the monkey off the club's back and (potentially) give the success required to keep Kane.

The fact that he scraped a 4th, was dire in the cups, totally destroyed the team's morale/spirit that directly resulted in us finishing 8th, fudged up on the younger players and in the end Kane left anyway, all while putting out football that not a single fan enjoyed, how the fudge do you see that as success?

Again, to bring it back to Ange, take a look at Sarr, Bissouma, Porro, Udogie, VDV, even Perisic now, the football of the last 3 games and tell me again Conte was a success here

Wow, well done Conte. Fantastic.

That’s pretty tinkle poor if that’s you’re idea of success.
My idea of success is winning trophies, alas I think our chairman has a different view. I prefer watching exciting football and being entertained myself but Conte wasn’t brought in by the club for that, he was brought in to get CL football and did so.

What do you expect? Spurs to win the league? We don't have any right to win anything

To be fair, my bar is quite low too. I want to be entertained. I want my manager to stick up for the club, not bag them at every opportunity. I want a plan, an idea of where the club is going. I want someone who sees the job as an opportunity, not as a favour.

Thank Christ we got rid of the guy who “was successful in other jobs” and now have a proper fit for the club.

Totally derailing the Ange thread, but hard disagree. Conte was hired with the sole purpose of winning a trophy (any trophy), to get the monkey off the club's back and (potentially) give the success required to keep Kane.

The fact that he scraped a 4th, was dire in the cups, totally destroyed the team's morale/spirit that directly resulted in us finishing 8th, fudged up on the younger players and in the end Kane left anyway, all while putting out football that not a single fan enjoyed, how the fudge do you see that as success?

Again, to bring it back to Ange, take a look at Sarr, Bissouma, Porro, Udogie, VDV, even Perisic now, the football of the last 3 games and tell me again Conte was a success here
‘Scraped 4th’ is disingenuous. He came in part way through the season after the club had completely gonad*sed up the manager search the summer before.

We finished 8th because the club thought Stellini was an appropriate appointment. At the point Conte departed our points spread on the markets was far higher than the points we ended up accumulating (selling Spurs points paid for my 2 x season tickets this season and next).

To be fair, my bar is quite low too. I want to be entertained. I want my manager to stick up for the club, not bag them at every opportunity. I want a plan, an idea of where the club is going. I want someone who sees the job as an opportunity, not as a favour.

Thank Christ we got rid of the guy who “was successful in other jobs” and now have a proper fit for the club.
Early days but Postecoglou does look a good fit, attacking football and he seems a very likeable man…. let’s hope he is well backed (including getting the two more he needs this window IMO).

That's all and good, but Conte was not a fit for us and the way we operate. He is a ruthless individual, a winner and that can become toxic if he can see thr obvious of what's holding him back to succeed.

Most winners are like this.

I get thr obvious points that you make but Conte's appointment in retrospect is just a much on the people that appointed him and himself

What did you think of Ange declaring Kane's time at the club not being a success?

If Conte had said it, the phrase would have been weaponized by many like the "club signing" comment was*

*Yes I am a hypocrite by moaning about people talking about things other than Ange but my question is Ange based so there.

To be clear, I'm loving big Ange instead.

Both take swipes at everyone, their entire career/personalities are built on blaming someone else.

Conte is the most backed manager this club has had, he fudging chose not to play Sarr & Bissouma, he chose to play Perisic (that he knew for years) as WB in the PL at his age, he chose to spend £40M+ on a WB (Porro) when we desperately needed a CB, he is the one who constantly stoked the divide with the fans, created a more a toxic environment, To pretend that the club buying him one more player (he would have veto'ed Maddison) would have changed anything is honestly just specualtion based on nothing.

Conte was a fudge up here, doesn't matter what his CV says he did elsewhere, and not saying Ange will be/do anything but in two weeks he has got the club way more than Conte ever did.
Should not have hired him in the first place. The whole situation was a failing on the clubs part moreso than Conte's.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I was sceptical about Ange but he's shown an amazing ability to do the basics right...a good leader of men....right players in the right roles so they can excel....clear performance standards and fair treatment.

It's only three games in but I'm really enjoying the response by the players and seeing them develop and grow.

I still see some tactical weakness in our play but I'm sure it's not insurmountable especially if the boys are having fun and sincerely backing their gaffer.

Well there is no doubt that he is putting a smile on my face ( and a lot of our fans) and he seems to be getting a lot of ( deserved) support from our fans. I hope when we have a blip ( and the chances we will do at times) ALL supporters stay behind him and not turn around with the usual crap ( Levy appointing a unknown manager, not giving him ALL the players he MAY want). We have to stay steady and keep the faith ( allthough i suspect the muppets at the Trust will be shapening the knives again).

Back