• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

And the fans were not only booing Levy...managers have taken pelters of fans for yonks here, myself included. Playersbgetting booed and called cnuts at games. The idea that the fans didn't want them managers gone at some point in large numbers is abit of a lie TBH. I got pelters a few weeks back saying the Poch debate on his sacking was boring now 6 years on
Exactly! The way it’s being framed like Levy incorrectly sacked these managers, or it was against the fans wishes, or it’s just because we missed out on top 4 is a bit rich tbh. (I don’t even think Conte was sacked, felt more like a resignation, but that’s another story)

Compared to other clubs like Liverpool and Arsenal, he doesn’t have patience. No way Levy would allow a manager to finish 8th, 8th and 5th like Arteta did.

Agree but I think at times the clubs had clear goals rightly or wrongly, managers take the jobs knowing that and that's the nature of the job. Works in managers favour as much as anything these days, Carlo A said something about it being the best job in the world as long as you know the inevibility is the sack at any club.

Levys statement this year will make him look stupid if he does it again with Ange because he basically alludes to the fact he needs time to build and also emphasis on youth.

I certainly don't see 4th as a goal this year

I've seen a few videos on Ange now and you know, the way he comes across and the way his teams play: he seems like a perfect fit for us! I'm excited! :)

I wonder if he'll bring anyone from Celtic. They have a young striker who's been banging in goals, Kyogo.

I've seen a few videos on Ange now and you know, the way he comes across and the way his teams play: he seems like a perfect fit for us! I'm excited! :)

I wonder if he'll bring anyone from Celtic. They have a young striker who's been banging in goals, Kyogo.
Kyogo is not far off 30, definitely not young, or someone we should be looking at.

I've only watched Celtic a couple of times this year but Jota looked decent and for a young player it would be Matt O'Rily off those games.

Kyogo is not far off 30, definitely not young, or someone we should be looking at.

I've only watched Celtic a couple of times this year but Jota looked decent and for a young player it would be Matt O'Rily off those games.

Doh! Thought he looked 22 at max, my bad! :p I know so little about football these days I'm almost embarrassed.

Doh! Thought he looked 22 at max, my bad! :p I know so little about football these days I'm almost embarrassed.
In fairness, there's not a lot in Scottish football worth knowing about. In Dublin going to have Celtic matches on in pubs, so when out for a beer forced to sit through it the odd time, otherwise wouldn't watch it.

Agree but I think at times the clubs had clear goals rightly or wrongly, managers take the jobs knowing that and that's the nature of the job. Works in managers favour as much as anything these days, Carlo A said something about it being the best job in the world as long as you know the inevibility is the sack at any club.

Levys statement this year will make him look stupid if he does it again with Ange because he basically alludes to the fact he needs time to build and also emphasis on youth.

I certainly don't see 4th as a goal this year

I agree its not likely, but you can bet the pitchforks will be out by some fans when he does not.

I agree its not likely, but you can bet the pitchforks will be out by some fans when he does not.

Well, let’s hope Levy ignores that and makes the decision which is best for the club. That’s what, as the PL’s highest earning chairman, he’s paid millions each year for.

Well, let’s hope Levy ignores that and makes the decision which is best for the club. That’s what, as the PL’s highest earning chairman, he’s paid millions each year for.

I understand your frustration but the level of his salary is irrelevant, would he be a better chairman at half what he gets now? I never met anyone in my working life who thought they were paid enough and very few who thought those earning more than them were worth it.

I understand your frustration but the level of his salary is irrelevant, would he be a better chairman at half what he gets now? I never met anyone in my working life who thought they were paid enough and very few who thought those earning more than them were worth it.
It's not irrelevant. The best paid chairman in the league should be the best chairman in the league. Levy's salary at Spurs is upper half FTSE 100 CEO salary and I'm not sure members of the FTSE 100 would employ him as their CEO.

It's not irrelevant. The best paid chairman in the league should be the best chairman in the league. Levy's salary at Spurs is upper half FTSE 100 CEO salary and I'm not sure members of the FTSE 100 would employ him as their CEO.

Wasn't there a table posted recently showing us as one of the most profitbale sporting clubs? I'd imagine FTSE100 companies would put more stock in profitability than in on the pitch performance, no?

Wasn't there a table posted recently showing us as one of the most profitbale sporting clubs? I'd imagine FTSE100 companies would put more stock in profitability than in on the pitch performance, no?
I guess it depends on how one views a football club. As purely a business or not. Of course Lewis views it as any other business investment so, no doubt, is extremely pleased with his CEO.

Personally I think Levy did a brilliant job for a dozen years or so, probably better than any other chairman in the league. The last 5 years though have been extremely poor with several bad decisions.

I guess it depends on how one views a football club. As purely a business or not. Of course Lewis views it as any other business investment so, no doubt, is extremely pleased with his CEO.

Personally I think Levy did a brilliant job for a dozen years or so, better than any other chairman in the league. The last 5 years though have been extremely poor with several bad decisions.

Not in the context of the point you're making with the FTSE100 references - by doing so you're making it a business discussion and therefore validating the wage.

I think Levy has run the financial side of the club extremely well, and I don't mind him continuing with that, but by all means; leave him out of the football, and that includes negotiating for players - the fact that he's got a reputation for being a tough negotiator is not to our advantage, for obvious reasons. I think this is dawning on Levy as well, but for one reason or another he just can't seem to let go of the negotiating side of things. So Daniel, you'll be better liked if you step down from even that. Do the stadium and everything connected to that work, and leave the football bit to people that know football. That would be ace, thanks! :)

Back