• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

I never believed anyone really signed up to that first bit.

Results always dictate.

After attending since 1957 I failed to bother about results once I started playing regularly on Saturdays myself. I always want us to win but it's not the end of the world to me if we lose. I've enjoyed going this season as the football and the attitude of most of the people around me has improved greatly.

After attending since 1957 I failed to bother about results once I started playing regularly on Saturdays myself. I always want us to win but it's not the end of the world to me if we lose. I've enjoyed going this season as the football and the attitude of most of the people around me has improved greatly.

You're projecting.

I honestly don’t believe people would be happy with losing every week even if they liked the style of play. A few weeks maybe, but months of that and the threat of relegation would change opinions.

I honestly don’t believe people would be happy with losing every week even if they liked the style of play. A few weeks maybe, but months of that and the threat of relegation would change opinions.

No s h I t Sherlock, I don't believe I would be happy losing EVERY WEEK and I don't think I implied that, I'm just a reasonably well adjusted person who doesn't focus my life on football results and believe sports should be enjoyed when played in an adventurous way.

No s h I t Sherlock, I don't believe I would be happy losing EVERY WEEK and I don't think I implied that, I'm just a reasonably well adjusted person who doesn't focus my life on football results and believe sports should be enjoyed when played in an adventurous way.

I never said you did, it wasn't your quote I disagreed with originally.

That's a shame to hear. I thought the lift of just something positive and entertaining to watch (post the miserable two) would last a tad longer.

But the world is on 3 X speed these days (conservative estimate:)) and the want of something better is driven by the constant highlighting and micro analysis of anything that's going wrong...and that makes up 95% of all MSM/SM.

Tbh I wasn't aware of a current wave of moaning as I only really read or talk spurs on here or with the pod guys. And as someone else commented...we're a pretty fair bunch on here.

Just de-tune from that 95% I mention above.....it's all a cash cow behind the scenes anyway.

I rarely listen to anyone else's opinion on how we are doing, what we are doing.
Not that I think I'm right and everyone else is wrong, but we all want and take different things from the game. My wants and expectations are almost certainly going to be different to others.
The trajectory, journey, project, call it whatever you want, and ethos of the club and it's supporters mirrors a lot of my own views so I'm happy being a spurs supporter.
Occasionally we lose our way a little (Sherwood, Jose) but it's usually just a blip and we all make mistakes and we normally don't take to long to realise it.
Any success we achieve I won't us to have earned it and to be proud of it.
Currently we are in the process of building something, it could be special, it could be another false dawn, but I personally am loving it, the rest can go hang.

I'd rather watch us lose while trying to win (entertaining, Poch, Ange, Harry), than watching us play not to lose (less entertaining, Jose, Graham) and lose anyway. I like winning more than losing though, can't deny that. Not a big fan of relegation.
There's ways to be successful by playing ugly and there's ways to win by playing attractive football.

Jose is proof of the former, and while he was not right for us the man is almost peerless in what he has won, and where.

The entertaining way requires fitter players and more work, but ultimately has more longevity for the manager - back to Jose who has never lasted long in each role....

If Ange can build an empire geared around his footballing philosophy, we could be in for a fun 5 to 10 years!

Most things if taken to the extreme will change things. I think the sentiment wasn't related to results being so bad over months that there was a real threat of relegation. More mid table and up, swings in results, but overall improvement in the quality of and joy from our football.

I rarely listen to anyone else's opinion on how we are doing, what we are doing.
Not that I think I'm right and everyone else is wrong, but we all want and take different things from the game. My wants and expectations are almost certainly going to be different to others.
The trajectory, journey, project, call it whatever you want, and ethos of the club and it's supporters mirrors a lot of my own views so I'm happy being a spurs supporter.
Occasionally we lose our way a little (Sherwood, Jose) but it's usually just a blip and we all make mistakes and we normally don't take to long to realise it.
Any success we achieve I won't us to have earned it and to be proud of it.
Currently we are in the process of building something, it could be special, it could be another false dawn, but I personally am loving it, the rest can go hang.

We are in the best consistent run of football (league positions) in the clubs history over the last 16 years.

What is frustrating about the current social media noise is there probably no fan/pundit/media that would not (pre-season) have said 5th with a +14 GD at this point of season would be anything but a success

The failure in the cups is probably the only legitimate criticism of this season (or unfortunately the club in last two decades which does add some weight to that complaint), but even then context matters, one cup was very early in season, the other was City.

Add in the attractive football, players and a manager that fans can relate to, I'm happy to punt my judgement to end of the season.

We are in the best consistent run of football (league positions) in the clubs history over the last 16 years.

What is frustrating about the current social media noise is there probably no fan/pundit/media that would not (pre-season) have said 5th with a +14 GD at this point of season would be anything but a success

The failure in the cups is probably the only legitimate criticism of this season (or unfortunately the club in last two decades which does add some weight to that complaint), but even then context matters, one cup was very early in season, the other was City.

Add in the attractive football, players and a manager that fans can relate to, I'm happy to punt my judgement to end of the season.

I'd love to see us win something again, but I'd rather have what we just now and had under Poch and lesser extent harry or bmj for a time than sneak a cup win and have seasons of mediocrity either side of it.
It's not just about trophies, if that was all I wanted I could go and watch one of my local teams every week and be almost guaranteed a trophy every year.

I'd love to see us win something again, but I'd rather have what we just now and had under Poch and lesser extent harry or bmj for a time than sneak a cup win and have seasons of mediocrity either side of it.
It's not just about trophies, if that was all I wanted I could go and watch one of my local teams every week and be almost guaranteed a trophy every year.

Very big conversation here

- Obviously the end goal of any top level club (and Spurs must be considered that) is to win trophies, and we will be measured as such
- As a fan, those SF/Final days do matter
- Yet as a fan, I pay for a season ticket, I watch ~25 games a season in person, I don't want to sit through utter brick football, toxic atmospheres.

Coming off of Conte and watching teams like Everton, Brentford and others play against us, it just reinforces that is exactly what I don't want from my team.

Ange so far has given me what I need, good football more often than not, a side and manager I like, a belief that on any day, we can stand toe to toe (not try to smash and grab) with anyone, and over time, hopefully a chance at trophies ..

Right now, that's enough for me ...

- Obviously the end goal of any top level club (and Spurs must be considered that) is to win trophies, and we will be measured as such
- Yet as a fan, I pay for a season ticket, I watch ~25 games a season in person, I don't want to sit through utter brick football, toxic atmospheres.

Coming off of Conte and watching teams like Everton, Brentford and others play against us, it just reinforces that is exactly what I don't want from my team.

Ange so far has given me what I need, good football more often than not, a side and manager I like, a belief that on any day, we can stand toe to toe (not try to smash and grab) with anyone, and over time, hopefully a chance at trophies ..

Serial trophy winners at our level are tainted now in my head, either with dodgy money or dodgy medication.
I don't think I could follow either, not wholeheartedly anyway.
I'm happy with where we are, and have been for the last 15 years or so, but that's me, everyone has a different level of what success is.
Winning trophies would be great and I'd be celebrating as much as the next supporter, but I'm not desperate for it to happen.
My only real issue is that I can't get to a lot of games, in my youth I was time rich and cash poor, now I'm a bit better off I don't have the time.

When Ange was at Celtic, How did he deal with teams that parked the bus? I assume most teams do that against Rangers and Celtic most of the time. I was just wondering if they tried to play 100 one two's into the area or if they got it out wide and swung in crosses etc. Did anyone watch them a lot before he came here?

When Ange was at Celtic, How did he deal with teams that parked the bus? I assume most teams do that against Rangers and Celtic most of the time. I was just wondering if they tried to play 100 one two's into the area or if they got it out wide and swung in crosses etc. Did anyone watch them a lot before he came here?

Not sure re Celtic, right now there is a few clear patterns

- Get wide (Werner/Johnson/Son/Deki), get to byline, cut back cross to penalty spot area for Richi to poach (that's been done many times over)
- There is our pass out the back play, where we try to suck the opposition forward (invite them to press back lines), quick pass to CM (Bissouma/Bentancur) who then breaks the line, typically by fast pass to front/wide
- Then classic press, win ball back, hit on transition

I think we need to see what Maddison brings to our first 11 specific to the park the bus scenario, even City often resorts to what KDB does outside of the classic horseshoe passing trying to draw defense out of position.

As Ange said. Put ourselves in a situation where we have the chance to win trophies somewhat consistently rather than being desperate to win the next one we could potentially win (paraphrase obviously).

If we can do that while being fun, entertaining, create enthusiasm and a good vibe around the club I'm happy.

Back