• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Website advertising

Superted

Jonathan Woodgate
It seems on a lot of the websites I visit, I get ads show up for on-line dating sites. And not just your usual ones, but ones advertising "Cougars".

Now these don't seem like your usual innocent little matchmaker sites. They seem a bit more sinister.

The problem is, they come up a lot when I surf otherwise normal websites, but also come up a lot when my wife uses the computer. At first we laughed it off, ha ha ha the internet is full of **** these days ... but now its getting a bit silly.

Now I understand that google and their advertisers by now know that Mr Ted of IP address (whatever this one is) likes to look at a bit of MILF **** on xhamster, and we live in a capitalist society so I won't begrudge them thinking a bit of money can be made by dropping in a few advertorials that might be of interest.

And believe me, some would be of interest if I wasn't such a stand up guy.

But my question really is, is there anyway I can influence google that I don't really have an interest in cougars, but in, I dunno, kittens.

I hope the answer isn't to spend as much time looking at pictures of kittens as I did looking at milf ****, because quite franky that will be exhausting.

I have since made use of the private browsing functions on the browsers. Hallelujah for those.

Click the little triangle in the corner of the ad, you should be able to set preferences from there.

Also, look at turning on 'do not track', use private browsing as you say, turn off cookies (although that can be a pain), or try Duck Duck Go as your search engine.

Alternatively, perhaps use one browser for one use and a different browser for another.

This retargeting is getting silly. I got ads following me all over the web for beds just because I looked at a poxy thread on here about mattresses or something.

Back