• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Walcott, The Future of England Speaks !!!

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
I bet you dont win the league or come within 15 points Wingnutt...

Theo Walcott believes Arsenal are capable of ending their nine-year wait for a Premier League title this season.

The England forward believes the Gunners can take their momentum from the end of last season into the new campaign - and profit from the managerial changes at their biggest rivals.

"The teams that finished above us have changed their managers," he told the club's official website. "We've still got ours.

"We need to step up... I think we've got a very good chance of challenging this season."

"It's always going to be tough. Every game in the Premier League is very tough and very interesting. It always comes down to the last few games. So we need to believe in ourselves.

"The way we ended the season last year, 11 games undefeated - we need to do it from the start, which I believe we can.

"The manager shows so much belief in us in every single game so we need to step up and I think we've got a very good chance of challenging this season.

"I got 21 goals last season and I want to try and push on from there. I want to try and get to 25. That's my benchmark but I believe in myself and that's the main thing.

"Time will tell if players come in or not but we just work with the squad we've got at the moment. Come the start of the season, there could be changes. We know it's a very long campaign but we're all very excited about our prospects

IN FAIRNESS, I do think there is a gap for both us and Arsenal to push ourselves into if we make the right signings. Since the season finished, we've gained Kaboul, Sandro and Paulinho. Arsenal are exactly where they were, so currently we should be ahead of them.

IN FAIRNESS, I do think there is a gap for both us and Arsenal to push ourselves into if we make the right signings. Since the season finished, we've gained Kaboul, Sandro and Paulinho. Arsenal are exactly where they were, so currently we should be ahead of them.

Got to agree. Despite the witterings of the press, who just love to brick-stir, I suspect Wenger knows what he's doing right now. And I also expect him (unfortunately) to make some good signings before too long.

Emirates Marketing Project and Man Utd are in a state of flux, on top of which I'm not entirely convinced that Mourinho can just wave a magic wand and make Chelsea's problems disappear (and they do have some problems). So there's the potential for change at the top of the table and there's every chance Wenger will capitalise on that.

However, I'm also pretty damn optimistic about our own prospects of capitalising on the managerial musical-chairs at the top of the premiership. We're very very close to a team capable of challenging for the title. Not there yet of course, but there's still a month before the season starts.........

I think Arsenal will win the league. Higuain will be top notch for them And Fellaini will be the Vieira replacement they've been crying out for for so long.

And with Fabregas back, it will provide that midfield class they been lacking since he left.

Just a matter of signing these players up, which is not a problem with all their big cash reserved, right???

Great to hear him putting his club under pressure like that before a ball is kicked. I just hope none of our lot do the same.

Yes by all means aim high privately but ffs don't go and gift the media a hand grenade for them to throw back at you as the moment things start going wrong.

Have they got a kit launch or season ticket push or something? This sounds like a PR push for fan revenue - hope beyond realism.

NEIL ASHTON: So where is Suarez, Rooney or Higuain? It's Groundhog Day at Arsenal as we wait for a real statement of intent

Consider the following statements coming from Arsenal’s boardroom each year for the past nine years and it all sounds depressingly familiar to their fans:

‘There are some revenue streams before 2006 which will enable us to spend more on the transfer budget – receipt of land sales and some money from Granada Media.’ – managing director Keith Edelman, February 2004.

‘There are sufficient funds available to the manager.’ – Edelman, September 2005.

‘…the effect means we can spend more on transfers over the next 15 years.’ – Edelman, May 2006.

‘If Arsene came to us and said he wanted to spend £40m on a player we could do that.’ – Edelman, Sept 2007.

‘We remain firmly committed to substantial investment in the playing squad.’ – Chairman Peter Hill-Wood, Sept 2008.

‘We’ve got a substantial amount of money to invest.’ – chief executive Ivan Gazidis, Sept 2009.

‘The club is secure – we have sufficient funds to invest.’ – Gazidis, May 2010.

‘In January and in the summer there will be significant funds available to bolster the team.’ – Gazidis, Sept 2011.

‘All the money we make is available to the manager.’ – Gazidis, May 2012.

‘It’s all about giving us the capability to go to the manager and say “here is the money for you to compete”.’ – Gazidis, June 2013.

If they all sound a little hollow to supporters of Arsenal, they have grounds for complaint.

This is a big summer for Arsenal and the noises they have made in pre-season is new territory for them. The fans are fed up after another season without success and they are demanding improvements to the squad.

They have never been about boom and bust, but they are talking about making stellar additions to their squad. Arsene Wenger spoke of a ‘spectacular’ signing shortly after their 7-0 victory over an Indonesia All-Star team on Saturday evening. It was unusual for the manager, normally so reserved about Arsenal’s spending, to speak in those terms.

Even Liverpool’s chief executive Ian Ayre has confirmed that they have made a bid for Luis Suarez: ‘We did have an offer, only one offer from Arsenal. We rejected that offer and they haven’t made a subsequent bid.’

It’s fascinating that a club who rely on soccernomics experts at Harvard University in Massachussetts to advise the chief executive Ivan Gazidis on transfer policy.

Although their role has never been fully defined by Gazidis, it’s well known that they use algorithms to assess future potential.

Given Suarez’s history at Liverpool, it seems extraordinary that Harvard boffins believe he can be worth £35m. He is banned until September after biting Branislav Ivanovic and his comments while on international duty with Uruguay have brought his career into disrepute again. He is not the type to toe the party line and it’s a wonder that a manager with Wenger’s experience would want a character like that in his dressing room.

At least it shows that Arsenal are finally getting serious about some of the world’s top strikers. There are alternatives, notably Wayne Rooney and Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain.

The pursuit of Rooney began in March, when word was out at Old Trafford that the England forward was prepared to leave Manchester United.

His wages and age are the biggest issues. At 27 he earns £250,000 a week at Manchester United and Arsenal cannot match those terms over five years. He would still be a magnificent signing, but Arsenal know that ultimately they cannot compete with Chelsea’s riches.

The Gunners apparently mean business, though. They know that their supporters will not stomach another season of the PR machine attempting to brainwash them into believing they are on the verge of something special. They have heard enough of that.

Qualifying for the Champions League in every season since Wenger has been at the club is an achievement, but they haven’t come close to winning it since 2006.

They are sixth in UEFA’s efficients and they are also behind Real Madrid, Barcelona, United, Bayern Munich and Chelsea in Deloitte’s European money league.

For a club of Arsenal’s size they should be winning trophies. Since the club last won the FA Cup in 2005, Real Madrid have won three league titles and the Copa del Rey; Barcelona have won five La Liga titles, the Copa del Rey twice and the Champions League three times.

United have won five Premier League titles and the Champions League; Bayern Munich have won the Bundesliga four times and the Champions League; Chelsea have won two Premier League titles and the Champions League.

At some point Arsenal have to land some silverware and the only way to compete with the top teams is to spend big. After years of talk, it’s time for Arsenal to make a statement of intent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2366311/Arsenal-make-statement-intent-years-promises-NEIL-ASHTON.html

I honestly dont think they have any intention of signing Higuain or Suarez its all false bids to try and keep the fans appeased, just like what Levy used to do

Watching an interview on SSN, Giroud and Rosicky also both believe they definately have a big chance to win the league...

Have they been on that khat since being in the far east or something hahahahahaha

Pure PR machine and Arsenal fans are so thick they believe it. Bidding 30m for a player doesnt mean you have any intention of signing them...............not when you have absolutely no way of agreeing personal terms or paying the wages required. They could bid £100m for Ronaldo but would never pay his wages in a million years. But the bid itself gets headlines.

I fully expect them to make no major signings and if so, we "should" be streets ahead of them.

avblaughgifmerge5ks0r.gif

Could not care about the Arse at all.

This is the team that has finished one spot above us - preventing our Champions League qualification - for the last three years. Two of those years, they pipped us by a single point! Even if they weren't our local rivals, I'd be interested in how / if they are strengthening their squad this summer based on that fact alone.

Back