• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Virgin Mary, The Nativity and Me Too

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
Simple question. In this day and age should we still be celebrating the story of a child (Mary was 13 or 14) being raped by a deity and forced to keep his child?

Or should we really now be cancelling (in its modern meaning) the nativity?

Simple question. In this day and age should we still be celebrating the story of a child (Mary was 13 or 14) being raped by a deity and forced to keep his child?

I'm not religious in any way, but she wasn't raped, it was a virgin birth, that's the whole point of the story.

Seems in general religion is the only thing that gets a free pass these days and still has people running for the covers when critiqued. As an atheist I would love to see more of it questioned because the whole "Virgin" birth thing covers up noncery as you say, plenty of that in other religions too. Add to that the hate that's accepted still because its under the veil of 2000 year old scriptures and you have yourself a pretty weird scenario in modern terms TBH

That said I like Christmas as a period so if you took it as a 25th of Decmeber world day and did the Santa thing only, I'm all for it

Last edited:
You can call it what you like, the child in me loves Christmas despite all the crap that goes with it. I was lucky enough to work in a company that went over the top at Christmas and one year I attended 27 departmental parties.
Midwinter festivals are brilliant, but they also pre-date christianity by a few thousand years.

So keep the parties, food and presents, just its time to cut out the rapey religious crap

But how are we going to give all those actors an opening to the business without nativity plays at primary school to start them off?

Midwinter festivals are brilliant, but they also pre-date christianity by a few thousand years.

So keep the parties, food and presents, just its time to cut out the rapey religious crap

I'd say cut out the presents as well + the dishonest approach to how they were delivered, thanksgiving sounds a lot nicer, friends / family + food and no obligation to buy unneeded presents and it to be a tinkling contest driving people further in to debt = More wholesome celebration imo

I'd say cut out the presents as well + the dishonest approach to how they were delivered, thanksgiving sounds a lot nicer, friends / family + food and no obligation to buy unneeded presents and it to be a tinkling contest driving people further in to debt = More wholesome celebration imo

Let kids enjoy the presents before they are adults and get truly demoralised for killing their nan with covid, killing the planet because they drive a petrol car or get called a right winger for earning a decent wage....

Let kids enjoy the presents before they are adults and get truly demoralised for killing their nan with covid, killing the planet because they drive a petrol car or get called a right winger for earning a decent wage....

And then let the kids with wealthy parents believe they were better behaved and that's why they got more unnecessary crap than poor Timmy down the road right whose parents are scum who deserve nothing right?

fudge the tooth fairy as well whilst we're at it, obliged complicity in lies to not upset the apple cart isn't a good vibe.

And then let the kids with wealthy parents believe they were better behaved and that's why they got more unnecessary crap than poor Timmy down the road right whose parents are scum who deserve nothing right?

fudge the tooth fairy as well whilst we're at it, obliged complicity in lies to not upset the apple cart isn't a good vibe.

Is that the only reason we provide gifts to kids? GHod help those that do it for those reasons alone, not sure I know any who do, most I know gift with balance and explain to their kids the responsibility that comes with it.

Violated her, whatever his techique. Also sent his heavy, the angel Michael, round to threaten her beforehand. Very Zeus or Odin behaviour

Violated?
She became a beloved figure for billions, spreading joy, hope and peace.
Not bad for a Violated women who probably never existed.
Hedging my bets there at end, just in case.

I would like this, but i can't because there was no rape in the nativity.
Plenty elsewhere in the bible i would think, but not there.

Back