• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I know. Supporting our team and players. Odd.

I don't recall such support ever being shown for the likes of Raziak, Ghaly etc. It's all very selective.

And let's not talk as if this was support with the likes of Janssen and Soldaldo, there was an outright level of delusion and refusal to accept reality.

It's called cheering on the underdog. A very normal and basic human trait!
A basic human trait is also being a moaning cnut who doesn't support a player who puts in effort (I know some on here doubt that Bobby Soldier put in effort and that's another pointless unending argument).

Yeah, hard to get behind a couple of players who gave their all, never gave up and never complained.

Ever thought of supporting City or Utd? They love 'fans' like you.

Oh please Pochettinho came out in February in the press stating that the player wasn't showing enough.

But hey if questioniong a player who had 1 outfield league goal to his name and doing the same to those who continually back such a player makes me one of those 'fans' then i take that as a compliment.

I don't recall such support ever being shown for the likes of Raziak, Ghaly etc. It's all very selective.

And let's not talk as if this was support with the likes of Janssen and Soldaldo, there was an outright level of delusion and refusal to accept reality.

There was plenty of support for Ghaly but obviously throwing the shirt on the ground lost him a lot of backing.

What refusal to accept reality? I do not see anyone on here with an unrealistic assessment of where he is or disagreeing with us bringing in an upgrade. All there is, is a little affection for a player who always tried hard and never complained.

Oh please Pochettinho came out in February in the press stating that the player wasn't showing enough.

I think that you are stretching a little to make something of a pretty mild statement

“Performance is always about how the players show their quality, their belief on the training ground. When you select the starting XI and the bench, I try to be fair. So it’s normal that, maybe, he needs to show more.”​

But hey if questioniong a player who had 1 outfield league goal to his name and doing the same to those who continually back such a player makes me one of those 'fans' then i take that as a compliment.

Great. Enjoy the compliment.

There was plenty of support for Ghaly but obviously throwing the shirt on the ground lost him a lot of backing.

What refusal to accept reality? I do not see anyone on here with an unrealistic assessment of where he is or disagreeing with us bringing in an upgrade. All there is, is a little affection for a player who always tried hard and never complained.

There was little to no support for the player even before then, he was unknown low budget signing and as result attracted little interest of support.

There is a world of difference between the 2, Janssen as with Soldaldo, there was series of continued excuses for the player across the online community. When a player fails to such a degree, more so given the level of free attached it is very odd behaviour to see the level of backing that some have given to him m.

I think that you are stretching a little to make something of a pretty mild statement

“Performance is always about how the players show their quality, their belief on the training ground. When you select the starting XI and the bench, I try to be fair. So it’s normal that, maybe, he needs to show more.”​

The manager made those comments public and then proceeded to put a AM ahead of him in th coming months despite Kane being injured. Clearly something is amiss when such a thing occurs.

There is a world of difference between the 2, Janssen as with Soldaldo, there was series of continued excuses for the player across the online community. When a player fails to such a degree, more so given the level of free attached it is very odd behaviour to see the level of backing that some have given to him m.

I don't know about the online community but I don't remember anyone making excuses here, just some sympathy for a player who struggled to find form.

The manager made those comments public and then proceeded to put a AM ahead of him in th coming months despite Kane being injured. Clearly something is amiss when such a thing occurs.

There isn't much in the comments where ever they were said. No arguments with him picking Son ahead of Janssen, it was the right call. I think that Pochard considers players positions to be a little more fluid than you.

Rita? is that you Rita??

It's also reality. That these poor/struggling players are in our squad and to continuously bang on about thier short comings is repetitive and serves little purpose.

Soldaldo was an eye opener for many fans. A good/great goal scorer in one league means nothing.
Janssen was a poor purchase for not dissimilar reasons although Vinny was one of the worse players I've seen for sometime.
We will not bother discussing Sissoko. We all know his shortcomings but he's our player so we suck it up and move on!

Essentially in the shop window. Can't see him in a spurs shirt unless he really tears it up in turkey and europe

It's also reality. That these poor/struggling players are in our squad and to continuously bang on about thier short comings is repetitive and serves little purpose.

Soldaldo was an eye opener for many fans. A good/great goal scorer in one league means nothing.
Janssen was a poor purchase for not dissimilar reasons although Vinny was one of the worse players I've seen for sometime.
We will not bother discussing Sissoko. We all know his shortcomings but he's our player so we suck it up and move on!
It's ironic that the 3 you mention all cost a fair penny as well.

The key difference between Soldado and Janssen is that Soldado was an established player with years under his belt whereas Janssen only had one season in the Dutch top flight. He was a punt that hasn't worked out. There's no shame in that.

Back