• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

a sumptous performance from tottenham today, goals raining in from everywhere but who doesn't score, well that would be the orthodox centre forward that started the game, his miss from one yard out sums him up, he just doesn't have a target man's instinct, if you can't bundle in a gift like that, it just isn't going to happen. There was a very telling point in the game at 0-0 when Janssen drifted offside yet again, the camera panned to Poch who was visibly shaking his head, a minute later Kane started warming up. I don't think Janssen will ever start again, he's not a rank bad player, he's just not up to this level, he'd be great playing for sunderland in the championship next season.

a sumptous performance from tottenham today, goals raining in from everywhere but who doesn't score, well that would be the orthodox centre forward that started the game, his miss from one yard out sums him up, he just doesn't have a target man's instinct, if you can't bundle in a gift like that, it just isn't going to happen. There was a very telling point in the game at 0-0 when Janssen drifted offside yet again, the camera panned to Poch who was visibly shaking his head, a minute later Kane started warming up. I don't think Janssen will ever start again, he's not a rank bad player, he's just not up to this level, he'd be great playing for sunderland in the championship next season.

Could you give one promise Mr_B, if Jansen is still around the 1/9 2017, then you should unsubscribe to this forum and and promise to never come back.

Could you give one promise Mr_B, if Jansen is still around the 1/9 2017, then you should unsubscribe to this forum and and promise to never come back.

are u his mum?

He's a square peg in a round hole, how many other top teams have strikers on their books who have scored less goals for the appearances they've had (and in the PL they're all penalties of course).

grow a pair.

are u his mum?

He's a square peg in a round hole, how many other top teams have strikers on their books who have scored less goals for the appearances they've had (and in the PL they're all penalties of course).

grow a pair.

I´m not questioning that. But your whole credibility relying on the fact that he is not around next season. In fact, you have more less promised it.

He is a cross between Giroud and Viduka and like them will take time to settle in, he is showing signs of that now. But like those two players he is going to be an important player for a team at the top of the league.

Would love us to sign that young English striker at Forest.

He's not a square peg in a round hole at all. His style of play is well suited to us and makes him a good fit for a Kane understudy. What he is lacking is goals. They may come, they may not but I do not think that he is half as bad as you make out.

I think his style gives us something different, but I'm not sure it fits the way we play. I'm more worried by his positioning and off the ball movement than lack of goals at this point.

He looks like he wants a ball to run on to, while we're giving it to feet with his back to goal. He's fairly static in our build up, and doesn't interchange position with the other attacking players in any natural way. I think he provides a 'Plan B', but i don't see him as an alternative to Kane.

He's young and it's something that can be coached if the club have the patience. I think it's 50/50 whether he stays or leaves, possibly depending on who is available.

I think his style gives us something different, but I'm not sure it fits the way we play. I'm more worried by his positioning and off the ball movement than lack of goals at this point.

He looks like he wants a ball to run on to, while we're giving it to feet with his back to goal. He's fairly static in our build up, and doesn't interchange position with the other attacking players in any natural way. I think he provides a 'Plan B', but i don't see him as an alternative to Kane.

He's young and it's something that can be coached if the club have the patience. I think it's 50/50 whether he stays or leaves, possibly depending on who is available.

I think that is at least part down to confidence. If he was in form, I would expect to see an improvement in his movement and positioning. We have seen flashes of it and he has certainly looked better in the last few games.

I don't think understudies need to be like for like replacements. I think that it is enough for him being comfortable being a foil for the other attacking players to play off.

For me, he doesn't appear to look for space. He seems to enjoy a tussle, and that's all he ends up doing most of the time. I'd agree we've seen a bit more promise in the last couple of games, though.

We have to persevere with VJ for at least another season imo. Like Lamela, Son and others, he might well improve in his second and subsequent seasons with us. He is young and has time on his side . Also, who would we realistically get who is better that would come to us to be Kane's understudy ? I am still miffed we didn't sign Dembele mi for £6m from Fulham, but that ship has sailed. My money is on VJ coming good, with a full pre-season behind him and a season's experience of the PL but only time will tell.

He is a cross between Giroud and Viduka and like them will take time to settle in, he is showing signs of that now. But like those two players he is going to be an important player for a team at the top of the league.

Would love us to sign that young English striker at Forest.

The comparisons to Viduka's way of playing are a good shout. If he ends up as effective as Viduka was we'll be laughing

Unlucky yesterday. Excellent save by gomes, and the second one is just pure luck if it had gone in. My friend said a proper striker would've put it away. Don't agree with that, just unlucky, ball bounced around like a pinball.

I want him to be a success and think we should give him another year but I fear he's not up to it at this level.

That chance wasn't as easy as it looked but he still should have scored. On a couple of occasions the ball just bounced off him straight to Watford. He strayed carelessly offside a few times showing a complete lack of awareness and intelligence. One of his layoffs to Eriksen was ridiculously heavy and in the second half he had a decent headed chance where it seemed he just couldn't sort his feet out in time.

It was an awful display. I want him to prove me wrong but I'm struggling to see how he'll do it.

I thought he had a decent game personally

That chance would be missed 99% of the time as it spun up off the defender - it looked easy and as an attacker you gamble, but you can't gamble for a random deflection like that

We have to persevere with VJ for at least another season imo. Like Lamela, Son and others, he might well improve in his second and subsequent seasons with us. He is young and has time on his side . Also, who would we realistically get who is better that would come to us to be Kane's understudy ? I am still miffed we didn't sign Dembele mi for £6m from Fulham, but that ship has sailed. My money is on VJ coming good, with a full pre-season behind him and a season's experience of the PL but only time will tell.

But Son and Lamela weren't total flops. Lamela was injured in his first season and Son got a very respectable goal return for the amount of time he played. Also, I don't think Lamela can be used as an example of a player who really turned it around. Our fan base massively exaggerated his how poor he was in his second season and then equally massively exaggerated how good he was last season. After the way he spoken about following his second season you'd have thought he could barely kick a football and after last season you'd have thought he was a key player for us and losing him would be devastating. In fact neither are true, which makes a hell of a lot of sense when you look at his stats comparing his 2nd and 3rd season. Janssen, however, to date this season, is a striker who hasn't scored a single Prem goal for us from open play. You simply can't compare that level of performance with any player (bar youngsters obviously) that has ever gone on to have good career with us or pretty much anyone else.

It seems to me that the idea that perseverance is something that has been demonstrated as a sound policy is nothing more than a fan conception. In the real world of football, strikers who don't score a goal all season, don't get given a second chance and for good reason. Fans are blinded by loyalty and hope. Poch got rid of Fazio, Yedlin, Stambouli and N'Jie. Unless Janssen scores some goals in the coming weeks he's gone. His situation simply can't be compared with someone like Son, who scored 4 goals in 1100 mins last season. That is a total on target for double figures with regular game time, which is the gold standard for attacking midfield/wide players. Giving Son a second season isn't persevering. For a title chasing side to give a striker who doesn't score goals a second season is madness. Fans are often emotionally invested with players, especially those who try hard, like Vinny. But we've got to try and win the league next season. GKN and Sissoko are both goners as well.

But Son and Lamela weren't total flops. Lamela was injured in his first season and Son got a very respectable goal return for the amount of time he played. Also, I don't think Lamela can be used as an example of a player who really turned it around. Our fan base massively exaggerated his how poor he was in his second season and then equally massively exaggerated how good he was last season. After the way he spoken about following his second season you'd have thought he could barely kick a football and after last season you'd have thought he was a key player for us and losing him would be devastating. In fact neither are true, which makes a hell of a lot of sense when you look at his stats comparing his 2nd and 3rd season. Janssen, however, to date this season, is a striker who hasn't scored a single Prem goal for us from open play. You simply can't compare that level of performance with any player (bar youngsters obviously) that has ever gone on to have good career with us or pretty much anyone else.

It seems to me that the idea that perseverance is something that has been demonstrated as a sound policy is nothing more than a fan conception. In the real world of football, strikers who don't score a goal all season, don't get given a second chance and for good reason. Fans are blinded by loyalty and hope. Poch got rid of Fazio, Yedlin, Stambouli and N'Jie. Unless Janssen scores some goals in the coming weeks he's gone. His situation simply can't be compared with someone like Son, who scored 4 goals in 1100 mins last season. That is a total on target for double figures with regular game time, which is the gold standard for attacking midfield/wide players. Giving Son a second season isn't persevering. For a title chasing side to give a striker who doesn't score goals a second season is madness. Fans are often emotionally invested with players, especially those who try hard, like Vinny. But we've got to try and win the league next season. GKN and Sissoko are both goners as well.

Jannsen hasn't had a whole season playing, he's been a bit part player.
I'm watching MOTD at the moment and every game has had at least one striker miss a chance they should have scored, it happens.
The fact poch keeps saying that it's the team that are winning not individuals and during a recent interview about our injuries he went out his way to include lamela indicates that poch sees a bigger picture than our headline players.

Back