• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Seriously? YES.
Alli, as I said several week back, passed to him quite few times in a previous game (dont remember which one) and Vincent failed to control the ball and Alli 'wrongly' threw his hands in the air since then has hardly ever looked for him in our attacks. Alli is wrong but he's young and I think he will be sorted by Poch.
Son and Alli try to find each other quite a bit but both do not include VJ so much, wrongly. This is not causing our attacking problems but it certainly is not helping.
Which game was this? I can barely remember Janssen miscontroling a ball all season.

Keeping things consistent and supplying son with more opportunities. In the last game it looked like the brief was to help Janssen score

Yes I get that, but like many good ideas they look fine in theory but are a bugger to implement.
Poch has to now earn his corn, its easier to look good when the likes for Harry are having a bonkers purple patch like in the last two season.

How do you keep a 'hot streak' going if it just, well stops?

For a start don't change where he is playing

The goals son scored invariably came from him playing on the left behind Jansenn (and I'm sure he could do it behind Kane). Why is he playing right all of a sudden

For a start don't change where he is playing

The goals son scored invariably came from him playing on the left behind Jansenn (and I'm sure he could do it behind Kane). Why is he playing right all of a sudden

Is that an 'Elephant in the room' question?

Gotta hand it to the guy, he looked a real threat on Saturday and held the ball up well. That goal will help him and although it wasn't in open play, he made the penalty.

I was quite harsh on him last week but he still needs to do that every game and more.

If it was all about effort and endeavour VJ is up there with anybody in our squad.
He is working his nuts off to try and make it at Spurs and I love that.

In terms of performance the game on Saturday was no different to his other games for us.

I thought he was really 'at it' on Saturday - If it was all about effort and endeavour VJ is up there with anybody in our squad.

I thought he was really 'at it' on Saturday - If it was all about effort and endeavour VJ is up there with anybody in our squad.
It is much more than just 'effort' though.... He barely put a foot wrong all game (one reasonably difficult chance at the near post aside). I think he looks a very good player who is ideally suited to the English game.

It is much more than just 'effort' though.... He barely put a foot wrong all game (one reasonably difficult chance at the near post aside). I think he looks a very good player who is ideally suited to the English game.
You know my views.
But he is a good honest tryer.

Back